Decree of the Sith

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't have left the alliance when you signed the pledge, and lied on your resignation (saying you were leaving the game, and only fulfilling a promise of joining Polar once before leaving the game)?

Yes, but I'm not the only one if memory serves me right. Nor was that pledge something officially recognized either...but I suppose that's more or less based on individual perceptions. As for me lying on my resignation? I did no such thing, I was leaving the game and had promised to rejoin Polaris before doing it. (OOC - RL was hectic and I had little to no time to devote to this political simulation) I rejoined Polaris as I said I would and sat in inactivity for most of my time there apart from the few times I could make it to do things. Eventually those issues subsided and when they did I resumed an active career in the game.

Why do you hold such a misconception as this if I may ask?

Perhaps I just read past it without looking... but...

What exactly is the definition of a challenge?

Light-saber battles?

Basically it is an open debate between a challenger and an incumbent in which the challenger makes his case (the Challenge) via a public post in our Brotherhood of Darkness and seeks various degrees of endorsements, depending on the position being sought, and the incumbent is given 48 hours to defend his position in front of the alliance. Once the discussion has ended a public vote is held (we don't do private polls) and the winner gains or keeps the position.

We don't hold grudges though. Most nations are always welcome to return.

Oh absolutely, I still hold a great deal of respect for Owned-You.

Yes, but I'm not the only one if memory serves me right. Nor was that pledge something officially recognized either...but I suppose that's more or less based on individual perceptions. As for me lying on my resignation? I did no such thing, I was leaving the game and had promised to rejoin Polaris before doing it. (OOC - RL was hectic and I had little to no time to devote to this political simulation) I rejoined Polaris as I said I would and sat in inactivity for most of my time there apart from the few times I could make it to do things. Eventually those issues subsided and when they did I resumed an active career in the game.

Why do you hold such a misconception as this if I may ask?

I believe the misconception was from when you said you were leaving (generally means not coming back), and didn't.

Meh, no biggie though.

So there is one emperor and 2 Dark Lords?

What is the difference between having Ivan as Emperor and Dark Lord at the same time and having him just as Emperor?

Other than that I congratulate your efforts in eliminating the dreaded glass ceiling (which may be part of the reason for so many new Micro Alliances)

o/

No one answered my question :(

Oh because Ivan still has the title in his sig, so I thought they both held it

Sidious and Vader were both Dark Lords of the Sith. Bane and Zannah, Revan and Malik. One was the master, the other an apprentice, but both bore the title. I have taken on a second title but retain the first. That confuses some people, even my own, understandably.

I believe the misconception was from when you said you were leaving (generally means not coming back), and didn't.

Meh, no biggie though.

Aye, I was actually gone for a period of 2 months...I just collected and paid bills to keep my nation alive. As time progressed however, I regained the time to play the game and came back...I suppose it's my error for not informing you all about my intent on returning too active play, thus making sure there wouldn't be any misconceptions about it. So it falls on my head for not clearing that up when I did return to active play. But I digress, I still love you and NSO for whatever that's worth at this point. And with that I'll take my leave from the thread, I have no intentions of derailing this topic any further then I already have with my personal issues.

Once more, congrats on the expansion of the Challenge system. It is one of the most effective government systems I've seen implemented in my time here on Bob. Thus I know it'll continue to produce the leaders NSO need to handle the challenges of this world.

o7

So... you're elevating yourself to the status of an "Emperor" and still managing to prevent yourself from being removed from leadership?

Genius!

Unless I misread it, Doppelganger is able to challenge Ivan for the role of Emperor should he desire to. Unless you were already discounting that, implying he's relying on the loyalty of his Dark Lord to not cast him out. But then you can always extend that to say he's relying on the loyalty of his whole alliance to stay in power anyway, and I feel at this point you start going in circles and stray dangerously close to stating the obvious.

Sidious and Vader were both Dark Lords of the Sith. Bane and Zannah, Revan and Malik. One was the master, the other an apprentice, but both bore the title. I have taken on a second title but retain the first. That confuses some people, even my own, understandably.

I forgot that part of star wars, now I feel stupid :P