Decree of the Sith

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the people pointing out potential problems, as has been said, the system has been in place for Marauders and Masters for over half a year now (That long? geez...). As I've said within the alliance, I had lots of reservations about implementing it originally, and as I recall the original discussion for it involved lots of "well what if...." type of scenarios and basically imagining ways that people could break the system. We deliberately constructed it in a way that addressed those concerns and minimized, where reasonable, the chances of that happening. For the most part, those checks and safeguards haven't proven necessary, and the system has actually worked much better than I honestly anticipated, turning into one of, in my opinion, our most successful experiments.

Any system like this is dependent upon the responsibility and maturity of the general membership, as they are the ones who control its processes. On the whole, with some individual exceptions here and there, the Brotherhood has proven itself consistently capable of handling this responsibility extremely well. That is what allows us to have the confidence necessary to extend the system up to the highest ranks now.

Good show NSO. I like this system.

Hopefully it works out, although I can't help but wonder how much effect a person's words on a higher member would work out.

It depends on what is being said...With Will, he noted some definite issues in the finance department and as a result was encouraged to run for office. He originally seemed reluctant but eventually challenged the-then gov't member he deemed to be lackluster and because of his ideas and work ethic was voted as new marauder (or was it master? I can't remember)

Shouldn't have left the alliance when you signed the pledge, and lied on your resignation (saying you were leaving the game, and only fulfilling a promise of joining Polar once before leaving the game)?

We don't hold grudges though. Most nations are always welcome to return.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi