Rollrating and MK Hatin'

Groucho Marx

Roll-rate us please  

621 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CN seems to adopt 4chan memes while at the same time claiming to hate everything /b/ stands for, it's really quite odd. Examples include Feels Good Man, U mad, Cool Story Bro and Imma let you finish.

To be fair the Imma let you finish thing was going to become a meme..4chan or not

So because a meme that originated in 4chan may have become a meme if it wasn't for 4chan, that makes the meme not from 4chan? :huh:

"Imma let you finnish" didn't originate in 4chan, it started on MTV and was eventually pasted all over the Internet, 4chan had nothing to do with it. "u mad" may have arguably started on youtube when the relevant video of it was originally posted.

Not everything funny starts and ends in /b/ people, despite what some might think, the Internet is quite large!

Also, voted 5~~

Edited by Portugal

Actually, I don't remember MK ever bringing a 4chan meme into the game. Bel air on the other hand, named themselves after a 4chan meme :P

This is more accurate than what is was arguing against.

And yes, MK were a real, actual part of the Unjust Path. After that war, they reeled in their lulz and became a respectable alliance, with excesses limited to the occasional use of unfunny memes. (Yes, I mad. Who not?) RAD/Bel Air seem to be more interested in reviving the 'unjust' part and the headline grabbing of the pre-war UjH – well, that and a mix of /b/*, though that seems to be mostly from your name.

*: By /b/ I'm referring to the CN alliance /b/ and the way they acted in this game; I don't really have an opinion on 4chan or the other chans, or care whether a meme 'came from 4chan'.

"Imma let you finnish" didn't originate in 4chan, it started on MTV and was eventually pasted all over the Internet, 4chan had nothing to do with it. "u mad" may have arguably started on youtube when the relevant video of it was originally posted.

Not everything funny starts and ends in /b/ people, despite what some might think, the Internet is quite large!

Also, voted 5~~

Though /b/ didn't start them, no one would ever know of the memes if not for /b/

Though /b/ didn't start them, no one would ever know of the memes if not for /b/

Wrong again. There are a literal ton of sites that these memes can be picked up from. You have decided to attribute them to one place, which is quite silly.

If you actually knew something about /b/, you'd recall that nothing on the Internet is original. Everything is a repost of a repost of a repost.

Edited by Mundokiir

Wrong again. There are a literal ton of sites that these memes can be picked up from. You have decided to attribute them to one place, which is quite silly.

If you actually knew something about /b/, you'd recall that nothing on the Internet is original. Everything is a repost of a repost of a repost.

That's good and insightful and Imma let you finish but Encyclopedia Dramatica has the best write up on this ever.

And thus the average poster truly does know best. I would like to thank all of you who actually believe what you've said and I look forward to being rolled sometime soon. The end result of this poll has taught me something;

No matter what we do there will always be someone who hates us. Do I care? No, there isn't a point to to caring. However it is very entertaining to me that Bel Air has pretty much been virtually silent when it comes to hating on alliances, yet MK will take any opportunity they get to attack us on the OWF. And with their recent victory in the Karma war and the influence they exert over the world right now, everyone falls in line even if they don't know why everyone hates us in the first place. You, Digiterria at large, complain about setting trends that ruin the way you operate (ooc: play. Examples include the treaty web and how that was created and oppression of small alliances not to mention labeling alliances solely because it's so much easier to label things you truly don't understand than get to know them yourself) yet you're not afraid to turn around and do those very things once you've placed yourselves in a position of global dominance. So in short, you hate us because we haven't sold out in order to save our hides in order to "win" like you have.

I'd rather continue to be as I am than become someone who changes their ideals whenever the winds change direction.