Do your homework

Crimius

Now I'm not sure how many nations on colored teams have this happen to them, but on the Grey team it isn't uncommon to receive recruitment letters from other alliances. We understand that a number of people don't specify "Alliance Affiliation" in their searches, and as such Greay allied nations get returned. It happens, it's an understandable mistake, just delete it and move on or reply politely and let them know that their search was likely flawed.

What gets me is when I get Trade Circle requests/offers. I post it for all to see that I'm already in a trade circle, in nice big "caps-of-anger" letters, but people seem to not even do rudimentary research about who they're talking to. Anybody who knows anything at all about the Grey Council knows we're a Grey Team alliance, always have been and always will be, yet these messages still request for team changes, despite already being in a trade circle, despite having full slots, despite being in an alliance where your nation color is mandatory. You just look like a mindless grub when you don't even view the nation and base your request off of your search information.

For the sake of not looking like an idiot, please, could we do at least a little homework?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@President Kent :D

Unless it's a Grey sphere, it violates our definition of neutrality. like I said, homework.

I did my homework. I know a lot about the Grey Council to be honest, I once considered joining.

I will be more specific. Quit your alliance so you can join a color sphere that will give you more trade opportunities, happiness bonuses, and at the same time remove you from the "None" search.

People find it that copy and paste is much faster and "efficient" than searching their goal one by one... goal as in targeted people who are supposed to get the message.

As long as people stay on Grey in that neutrality, people will stay sending irritating messages of the sort. I'm on maroon and I get other color spheres trying to get me to join...

but that is just life...

Let's face it - quite a big chunk of the people in the game don't actually care about CN lolitics/alliances. To expect the casual player who barely heard of a quarter of the alliances in the game to give a !@#$/do research and read about your little isolationist organization is pretty hilarious.

As for people who message you for trade circles/team switches when your bio clearly states that you're already good, yeah, they're annoying, but I doubt they're harder to ignore than the recruiters.

Hey wanna join my Brown 4BR?

If the annoyance of having prized native resources really irritates you, there is always the option of wasting the senders time in return by leaving the trade offer hanging until they cancel. Sweet, sweet revenge...

I did my homework. I know a lot about the Grey Council to be honest, I once considered joining.

I will be more specific. Quit your alliance so you can join a color sphere that will give you more trade opportunities, happiness bonuses, and at the same time remove you from the "None" search.

lolgrey?

But what Charming said is true. Why would you stay on that none team?

staying on the None team avoids a lot of the team based politics, such as sanctions, and while losing the happiness bonus sucks, it's not that big of a deal.

and of course this sort of thing will keep happening, I'm sure 'they' don't come on the CN forums hardly at all if ever, just a 3 AM rant, triggered by the third trade circle message in 2 days after over 5 monthsish of not getting any, it's like people got hit with a wave of retarded and stopped caring if you have full trades when September finished.

@Balder: we did invent ZI, so I guess we could if we really felt like it...

Now I'm not sure how many nations on colored teams have this happen to them, but on the Grey team it isn't uncommon to receive recruitment letters from other alliances. We understand that a number of people don't specify "Alliance Affiliation" in their searches, and as such Greay allied nations get returned. It happens, it's an understandable mistake, just delete it and move on or reply politely and let them know that their search was likely flawed.

What gets me is when I get Trade Circle requests/offers. I post it for all to see that I'm already in a trade circle, in nice big "caps-of-anger" letters, but people seem to not even do rudimentary research about who they're talking to. Anybody who knows anything at all about the Grey Council knows we're a Grey Team alliance, always have been and always will be, yet these messages still request for team changes, despite already being in a trade circle, despite having full slots, despite being in an alliance where your nation color is mandatory. You just look like a mindless grub when you don't even view the nation and base your request off of your search information.

For the sake of not looking like an idiot, please, could we do at least a little homework?

:awesome: GC rage

Also eh

Edited by King Death II

Well, you can also view it the other way as well. When I'm looking for trade partners, I let them know that they will be trading with a Grey Nation. I'm guessing most players just don't want to do that. I usually get responses like "Could you change your team?" or "Sorry. I only trade with same team nations." or something like that. The search of a trade partner just continues then.

Overall it's not that big of a deal for me. We're on Grey. It's the wastelands. What do you expect? :P

Well, I know that I've done this a time or two, and what generally happens is I search "Alliance + Team" None, Blue, and this occasionally turns up people in like the UBD who are on the gray sphere. I think you're just going to have to accept the fact that this is going to happen occasionally - it's pretty much the choice you Grey Council folks have made. :)

My understanding is a lot of these messages are done via mass sending to lists pulled from in-game search results, and they probably didn't even look at your nation. If you get one of these, just declare war on the offender and nuke them 20 times.

staying on the None team avoids a lot of the team based politics, such as sanctions, and while losing the happiness bonus sucks, it's not that big of a deal.

Some would say going through life at -5 Happiness in relation to other rulers more than sucks (assuming you are intelligent enough to keep your trade slots full). But, ultimately it's your choice. I'm not going to bash you for making it.

and of course this sort of thing will keep happening, I'm sure 'they' don't come on the CN forums hardly at all if ever, just a 3 AM rant, triggered by the third trade circle message in 2 days after over 5 monthsish of not getting any, it's like people got hit with a wave of retarded and stopped caring if you have full trades when September finished.

Would it help if I told you that even on Aqua I get requests to join trade circles even though I have a full set? Actually it's worse than that. The "join our trade circle for Beer, Fast Food and Construction!!" messages. Go look at my trade set (6BR + Scholar btw...and it'd be 7BR + Scholar if I cared to do without nukes or one of the pop bonuses). Do I *look* like I'd want to step down to a 3BR set?

Trust me, it isn't just you. <_<

They're just PMs. Unless you're getting 10-15 of these messages a day I don't really see a problem. I'm in a trade circle and I get TC invites all the time; sometimes, when it's not even my resources they're looking for (doh).