Respect

Ejayrazz

Respect  

406 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One question:

Who the heck are you to decide whether or not someone else is deserving of respect?

Feel free to answer so that I too may bask in all your glory.

I am me, the only one capable and knowing of my own standards of respect.  Thus, I am the only one able to determine who else deserves my respect.

Do you imply that I should have no right to respect - or not respect - anyone?

One question:

Who the heck are you to decide whether or not someone else is deserving of respect?

Feel free to answer so that I too may bask in all your glory.

We are all entitled to our opinions. Just because one believes that another is worthy or unworthy of respect does not mean that one holds that opinion to be infallible. Even if one does, it is still, in truth, only an opinion.

-Bama

Edited by BamaBuc

I'm sorry, is that directed at me or Ejayrazz?

It isn't directed at any single person, but to every single person. Sorry if I wasn't a little more aware to drive that point.

I am me, the only one capable and knowing of my own standards of respect. Thus, I am the only one able to determine who else deserves my respect.

Do you imply that I should have no right to respect - or not respect - anyone?

I infer that one should realize that on this game they are no more than a line of text and in general do not deserve the shirt on their backs let alone the right to assume that they are above someone so as not being a respectful person by not giving someone respect. Treating someone with respect shows more about ones own character than it does about the one being respected.

We are all entitled to our opinions. Just because one believes that another is worthy or unworthy of respect does not mean that one holds that opinion to be infallible. Even if one does, it is still, in truth, only an opinion.

-Bama

Certainly. Theres my opinion ;)

Edited by SpoiL

I give a certain amount of respect to everyone at a basic level. They don't have all my respect right away or undying but they do get a level of respect that I'll listen to them. Even if I don't like them, I'll give them respect that should at least be heard. Don't lower yourself to other people's levels because it reflects upon you moreso than them.

But my higher level of respect is earned and my respect can be lost too by they behave. However, everyone should be treated with a basic amount of respect no matter how you feel about them. Of course at the end of the day, it is just an opinion. We all have our own beliefs in how other people should be treated and how we interact. That is how wars are made, how friends are lost and gained, how life revolves because we all have different opinions on how things should be warranted.

But regardless of how a person behaves, they deserve the respect or right to be heard. Just because others do something does it, doesn't mean you have to.