Argent Announcement

janax

argentnukesymbol6.png

Expy-birthday.jpg

Yes, we survived our first year. Granted, it was touch and go there a few times, but with a little help from our friends we pulled through.

Bigger, stronger, faster, more irritating than ever before, and just as irrelevant as always

Since we formed, we’ve been threatened with nuclear devastation and total destruction...twice. We’ve had our first war. We’ve joined a bloc of like-minded alliances (yay stat collecting). We’ve gained valuable members, and lost some equally valuable ones. While we started off as “traitorous scum”, we’ve since expanded to include Vox scum, Hegemony scum and even just your basic scum scum.

Throughout it all, there is no place I’d rather be.

I want to thank each and every member and former member of Argent for allowing me to lead you. Argent is nothing without all of you.

Special thanks go to certain individuals who have helped out us in big and small ways since our inception (in no particular order)

Coursca, you’ve always looked out for us no matter what alliance you were in. We appreciate it and everything you’ve done.

LiquidMercury, who got us hooked up with Gremlins when we actually had some tech sellers and was always ready with advice. Plus he got us our preferred target in the Karma war :awesome:

Poobah, for moving on to ruining IRON’s image instead of ours (and for generally working his butt off during his Argent time)

Feruvian, for being an awesome diplomat, even if he picked wrong. 

AvengerNL, who was one of the first people to welcome us into the world and lend us an air of legitimacy. (we fake it well)

To 2 of our good friends who have left Bob,

Floyd, Good luck with everything, you know where to find us.

and

Denzin, what more can we say that hasn’t been said in the past. You are missed.

To all of our allies, thank you. While we all have our ups and downs, as long as we have 1 nuke, tank or plane to our name, it will be yours to call on. Once we are out of those things though, you are on your own, but we’ll cheer a lot and hail and stuff.

Thank you for 1 year and hopefully many more

Janax

Regent of Argent

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow has it been one year already?! I'm happy to have followed friends like Rusty and Agent (and eventually Iron Will) to Argent. Although I wish I was there from inception I was smart enough to join 4 days later. Yanax has been an ok (read: awesome) leader and so are Rusty and Agent (not IW because he's not in gov >_>). Here is to our first year and many more to come.

GG's Argent!

o7

Also too bad our 1 year wasn't yesterday...would've been awesome to coincide with Guinness's 250th birthday!

Edited by Onion

The time I spent in Argent has been some of my most enjoyable on Planet Bob. Congrats guys, you've been through a lot of !@#$%^&* you didn't deserve and the fact that you've turned into such an amazing alliance is a testimony to you guys my ability to make a difference during my 9 months in government.

Edited by Poobah

:awesome: and you're darn right dragons have birthdays (which reminds me last summer during my b-day IRL, my family got me a custom made cake from Wal-Mart - with a dragon pic on it, pure awesomesauce - the cake is gone :( but at least I still have the picture)

congrats to your 1 year B-day, Argent (still my favorite Dragon themed alliance :wub:) also great pic

@onion: I'm saving that link ;)