Dispatch from ODN and GR

Style #386

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like that you didn't understand what I asked.

Oh, I understand perfectly. MHA, NATO, and Atlantis all declared war on GOONS.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=1460

there.

Then, MHA gave GOONS a white peace before the other alliances.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...ic=8599&hl=

Is the thread, in case you wanted it.

So, yes, I'm speculating and could be way off base. It just seems likely to me.
Somehow I think you have no idea what you are talking about. Somehow this doesn't surprise me at all.
Somehow, I think WN is seeing a 're-ignition of the Polar/ODN grudge' that is actually not there.

Just pointing out my original disclaimer. The OWF is the home of wild-eyed speculation. I occasionally partake in the silliness. Forgive me.

Just pointing out my original disclaimer. The OWF is the home of wild-eyed speculation. I occasionally partake in the silliness. Forgive me.

I had such a clever post written out too, but seeing that disclaimer the world will never get to see it, oh well. I prefer to discuss things openly so I will simply explain to you why your speculation is so far off the mark rather than calling you uninformed and taking my leave.

It's almost certainly because we've been on the receiving end of that exact sort of petty bickering you just accused us of, at a time when our own allies felt that they could decide who we were "allowed" to befriend, that I find myself so repulsed by your insinuation. Perhaps those experiences showed us how difficult it is for Polaris and her allies to maintain one vision in our separate foreign affairs pursuits and how dangerous such a narrow-minded approach to foreign policy can be. Polaris doesn't always understand our allies' choice of allies. We may not even really like them all the time (almost always that's not the case). But so help me if I ever see a Polar giving one of our allies a hard time over something so petty as their differing choice of friends, even if it's just a fraction of what we had to go through, they will know from one glance at my face the true answer to the age-old riddle "What is black and white and red all over".

I had such a clever post written out too, but seeing that disclaimer the world will never get to see it, oh well. I prefer to discuss things openly so I will simply explain to you why your speculation is so far off the mark rather than calling you uninformed and taking my leave.

-snip-

Good to know. Thank you for your thoughts Mr. Penguin.

I remember GWIII, I was in CDS and remember how ODN DOW'ed GOONS with us then surrended alone and left CDS fighting alone. Very honorable...

See what ODN used to do even in losing side? -_-

Ah yes, I remember that. I also remember the complete lack of coordination and communication with ODN during the fighting. Oh, I also remember trying and pretty much failing to talk to any CDS government as well. Besides, ODN entered the war because of information that GOONS was probably going to attack ODN (this information later became questionable). The joint declaration was for convenience.

There's plenty of 'more legitimate' troll material out there. Try spinning something actually worth spinning next time.

Ah yes, I remember that. I also remember the complete lack of coordination and communication with ODN during the fighting. Oh, I also remember trying and pretty much failing to talk to any CDS government as well. Besides, ODN entered the war because of information that GOONS was probably going to attack ODN (this information later became questionable). The joint declaration was for convenience.

As I said early I'll no discuss that here anymore, fell free to PM me if you want.

There's plenty of 'more legitimate' troll material out there. Try spinning something actually worth spinning next time.
8. Do not call someone a troll merely for having a different opinion than the thread creator. Know the definition before you begin pointing fingers.

Many congratulations ODN. Nice to see some fruit on the diplo-tree.

GR, you've gained a fine ally. I've had nothing but good experiences (yes, my nation is less than a day old. Yes I am a reroll. Deal with it).

EDIT: spelling "ally" correctly helps...

Edited by zimmerwald1915

Congratulations to two of Vanguard's closest allies. I know that this treaty has months of hard work and frequent communication behind it, and I am incredibly pleased to see that process reach fruition. Those that maintain an outdated and erroneous perception of ODN do so only to their own detriment; alliances such as Greenland Republic and Vanguard are both happy to be amongst those that have realised the value in a strong friendship with the Network.

Edited by Revanche

Cataduanes,

If you look at my first post in this thread.....(snip)

I was sincere in my question to you D34th, i will PM you shortly ;)

I love people quoting me with such authority... perhaps you could direct me to this childish comment (somewhere in this thread I guess would be relevant to the matters at hand but anytime in the recent past would do). Failing to find such a comment, I am sure you would be willing in all good grace to tender your heartfelt apology for putting words into my mouth?

ODN and Polaris have no issue. ODN did what it did under the leadership of another (Hi WN) who has explained his actions at great length and to my satisfaction, whilst we under my leadership have made decisions that suit us. We will not be treating ODN at this time for reasons that are our own, despite Dajobo's desire to do so. That does not mean we hate ODN, rather that we are not suited to them at this time. This thread is also nothing to do with Polaris, or our FA policies.

I resolved a while ago to accept the apologies offered and let ODN get on with their lives without continual sniping, I would strongly suggest to all of Polaris they do likewise. Proof is always in the pudding and there is little chance for such bakery to be finalized at this time. JUst as we were given a chance to prove ourselves, so must now ODN be given theirs.

GR are good friends and we have been allied to them since their inception. Their roots in NAAC, and likewise mine, have nothing to do with the matters at hand.

o/ GR

o/ ODN

Sincere thanks Grub, you words mean a lot to us and are very much appreciated.

(snip)

oh look an RI in the house :wub:

Edited by Cataduanes