Vanguard Edict

Rafael Nadal

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems I'm late to the retirement party. :v:

In all seriousness, there comes a time whereupon a ruler can easily look out at what he has helped shape and meld - and be perfectly content with it. In the best interest of the alliance, I've decided to step down from the office of Vizier so that a Vanguardian much better suited for the job can leave his own mark. Though many will not have heard of him, a unanimous echo of Vanguardians will tell you that the foundation of Vanguard was built through the tireless efforts of one, Thaliak. By his non-stop commitment to the position of Hammer of Vanguard, Thaliak developed a strong and efficient internal system upon which Vanguard has flourished. His reward is just and comes now, and I am more than happy to oblige to the situation.

Though great changes have impacted the government of Vanguard, I daresay there won't be much change at all. Gone as Revanche and myself are, the shoes that were left empty have been filled by two members who have most consistently serviced the Architecture of Vanguard during that tenure. There is no worry about inexperience, no worry for incompetence or dramatic shifts: the successors have shown to be among Vanguard's elite for far too long and it is just that they receive these promotions. They will continue to lead Vanguard toward greatness, of this there is no doubt. Rafa, Thaliak, and Stumpy, aided by superb additions to the Vanguard Architecture, will extend the prosperity of our great alliance.

(Also, let it be known that I decided to step down many months before Revanche made his similar decision, that despicable copycat. :mad: )

To be entirely fair, I probably should do something similar. I probably should have a while ago, actually...the Karma War was a fluke really. So I can understand and relate to this move.

Also this is the time where I cry as I think of the list of "Autocrats who have been in power for a really really long time now" and strike Rev from that. Me, Xiph, and um...yeah...

What was the reason for Revanche stepping down? :)

As Rafa Nadal mentioned, I had been leading alliances in some manner for over three years. I am in need of a break, particularly considering the lack of time I now have to allocate towards alliance matters. Additionally, over the past 9 months, the goals I set forth for myself and Vanguard had been achieved, and as such, I felt it was time to step down and allow for a new generation of Grand Architects to take the reigns and propel Vanguard further.

To be entirely fair, I probably should do something similar. I probably should have a while ago, actually...the Karma War was a fluke really. So I can understand and relate to this move.

Also this is the time where I cry as I think of the list of "Autocrats who have been in power for a really really long time now" and strike Rev from that. Me, Xiph, and um...yeah...

I'm free! :v:

Denied not untill i get you to sign a treaty with Valhalla. That would be something to put in my future resume. :P

Congrats on the promotions and good luck in the future though how do you expect to be successfull with Stumpy having any power what so ever. :P

grahamkeatley as well :P He's been boss of TOOL since its foundation in January 2007.

Edited by Uralica

grahamkeatley as well :P He's been boss of TOOL since its foundation in January 2007.

Good call. That's a name that rarely ever comes up, but definitely deserves mentioning. Especially since that's a prison term longer than my own :P