Classification of Alliances

The AUT

I don't believe you can adequately fit all Cybernations alliances into that category. For instance look at the Corporation. We are not a high profile alliance at all, some of our government may be relatively known but we have no major figure such as a Van Hoo or an Ivan Moldavi attracting members through their reputation. Nor are we a break off alliance. Our membership spans from all corners of Planet Bob be it Polar, Ragnarok, Wolfpack, RIA, IPA or any of the other countless affiliations our employee's have called home. We're not an invasion alliance as all of us are home grown on Cybernations. Finally we're not a scratch alliance as we haven't DoE'd yet and we're roughly 735,000 TNS.

I do think that your first four classifications are good but they're not all inclusive.

Of course not, just a very general one. As I said, in time hopefully more can add onto it and make it better.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course not, just a very general one. As I said, in time hopefully more can add onto it and make it better.

Hooah, figured I'd give you some insight as to something that you missed. Though, honestly, I have no idea what kind of classification the Corporation would fall into :-p.

History is important, but that doesn't mean that how an alliance was founded is its most important feature in determining its identity. Unless of course you think MK's defining characteristic is being a GOONS satellite.

Especially as we're an \m/ satellite.

Scratch alliances are pretty nice.

I think you should include absorbing alliances, alliances whos history is almost completely merges or absorption. RoK, Athens, what was DE (well that kinda counts as Athens)... etc

To be fair Athens has had a period of 6 months + with no mergers. And there is quite a bit more to our history than just mergers and absorptions. Personally, if forced to fit us into one of these categories, I consider us as a scratch alliance with many branches. I have been in a leading role since I was a 60 day old nation, and I've learned a great deal along the way. The name changed once, when Athens was first formed from Camelot and HotU, but other than that I have been in a leading role in our community for 486 days. Other significant leadership figures in our community - such as rsoxbronco1 and Max, also started out as noobs and learned as they went along, much as I did. So our leadership is in my opinion pretty much entirely indigenous, we don't have too many famous people who made a name for themselves in other alliances that didn't merge up into Athens (kamichi was one of our founders, but he left some time ago).