The Stealthy Warrior Compact

Congrads on the treaty Khan! :D Personally, I think that what you are doing is great. There should be more small alliances doing what you are doing, keeping the smaller alliances away from the big ones :P But really, great job. I hope we see more smaller alliances doing what you two are doing.

thank you ivan

o/ the huns

o/ MO

o/ tge

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldn't a PIAT do better for this?

In practice, a PIAT is an ODP. "Optional defense" and "optional military aid" are the same thing. Some people feel that an ODP has stronger wording, but I think that's BS... In practice, they both mean "we can defend each other but don't have to". I don't think there's ever been a situation where someone's said "Welp, we'd defend you if it was an ODP, but since it's a PIAT, nope."

Back on topic, congrats on the treaty.

-Bama

congrats to the Huns and MO.

@the people jumping down Voodoo's and IAA's throat, please. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and frankly, what Voodoo said was nothing compared to those who jumped down his throat. Ya'll (looking at Trace in particular, o ya baby, and a bit at Stumpy) look worse since you automatically resorted to name-calling (always a classy move there) and in Trace's and o ya baby's cases, took one member and turned it into an attack on the whole alliance. So, how about not jumping on someone for voicing an opinion in the manner you are doing. If you wish to be taken seriously and not act like what you are supposedly against, then you should learn to be more respectful.

congrats to the Huns and MO.

@the people jumping down Voodoo's and IAA's throat, please. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and frankly, what Voodoo said was nothing compared to those who jumped down his throat. Ya'll (looking at Trace in particular, o ya baby, and a bit at Stumpy) look worse since you automatically resorted to name-calling (always a classy move there) and in Trace's and o ya baby's cases, took one member and turned it into an attack on the whole alliance. So, how about not jumping on someone for voicing an opinion in the manner you are doing. If you wish to be taken seriously and not act like what you are supposedly against, then you should learn to be more respectful.

I would agree, you are entitled to your own opinion. (Mine too, is that ODP's are stupid waste of cyberpixels). However, when you stress that opinion in an aggressive way in another alliance's thread, especially one announcing an ODP, it becomes insulting. At which point, kudos to those that did stand up for MO/Huns/ODP's in general. It's not his opinion that was out of line, it was the way he expressed it.

Because then situations like what just occurred follow.

...ones where people jump down other people's throats for stating their opinion on a form of treaty they don't particularly like? Yes, awkward is just the right word...

I would agree, you are entitled to your own opinion. (Mine too, is that ODP's are stupid waste of cyberpixels). However, when you stress that opinion in an aggressive way in another alliance's thread, especially one announcing an ODP, it becomes insulting. At which point, kudos to those that did stand up for MO/Huns/ODP's in general. It's not his opinion that was out of line, it was the way he expressed it.

Let me point you to what Voodoo actually said:

They still will be, due to the treaty only making it optional to defend you (which anyone can do without a treaty, so they're still useless).

How is this aggressive? "They're still useless" referred to the practice of ODP treatying. Not MO or the Huns.

Let me point you to what Voodoo actually said:

How is this aggressive? "They're still useless" referred to the practice of ODP treatying. Not MO or the Huns.

Alas, the poster doesn't have to be aggressive for the post to be aggressive. He intentionally attacked an idea to make the OP look bad, or to diminish this particular topic. It's not wrong to state your opinion, I will not say that. But it is wrong to do it with the intention to make someone else look bad rather than yourself look good. Look: right or wrong, it's still in bad taste.

Whatever, I don't care. I don't need to flaunt my in-game knowledge in other alliance's threads to make myself look better, or to make someone I don't like look worse. Let your own actions speak for your true character.

Alas, the poster doesn't have to be aggressive for the post to be aggressive. He intentionally attacked an idea to make the OP look bad, or to diminish this particular topic. It's not wrong to state your opinion, I will not say that. But it is wrong to do it with the intention to make someone else look bad rather than yourself look good. Look: right or wrong, it's still in bad taste.

Voodoo Nova's post was not aggressive, nor was he being aggressive. No he did not intentionally attack an idea to make the OP look bad.

Please see this quote, and note the bolded part:

I'm an awkward person. :P

I think I just worded my post wrong, my bad people.:PI do wish both of them well and I hope their friendship does mature from here. I guess I should have said that in the first place.

Protip #1: Lrn2read the thread.

Whatever, I don't care. I don't need to flaunt my in-game knowledge in other alliance's threads to make myself look better, or to make someone I don't like look worse. Let your own actions speak for your true character.

Don't need to? Well then that's just fine, go flaunt your non-existent in game knowledge where other people might actually care. Protip #2: come up with a better argument next time and maybe you won't get ripped a new one by a girl. My actions speak for my true character, as an IAAer I defend a fellow Imperial and as a person I defend a friend. What does your arrogance speak of your character, hmm?

Edited by KahlanRahl

Voodoo Nova's post was not aggressive, nor was he being aggressive. No he did not intentionally attack an idea to make the OP look bad.

Please see this quote, and note the bolded part:

Protip #1: Lrn2read the thread.

Oh pray tell, how do you make a post stating your dislike for ODP's in a thread about an ODP, without being aggressive towards the ideology that is the ODP? Seriously, it's argument mechanics. If you are arguing against you are an aggressor. Argue for, you are a defender. I'm just saying, this is not the correct channel to argue if you like or dislike ODP's. If he truly meant no offense to either party, then why address it here? What is there to gain in continually saying "ODP's are worthless." Absolutely nothing. They're not going to change their ways for an outside party. So what is the point? It's just poor taste.

Don't need to? Well then that's just fine, go flaunt your non-existent in game knowledge where other people might actually care. Protip #2: come up with a better argument next time and maybe you won't get beat by a girl. My actions speak for my true character, as an IAAer I defend a fellow Imperial and as a person I defend a friend. What does your arrogance speak of your character, hmm?

Arrogance? No. I chose my battles, and I chose them wisely. I don't wish to argue with those who already have their mind. Again, I don't care, but when it works the other way, and people hound you for hounding someone else, don't cry wolf. Also, this is the 21st century, I don't believe in sexism, a girl is as worthy an adversary as anyone, so not seeing your point there. As for my "non-existent" in game knowledge. Well, you continue to show your class with a senseless slam in an otherwise healthy debate.

Back on topic: I wish both parties luck in formulating a new relationship.

and in Trace's and o ya baby's cases, took one member and turned it into an attack on the whole alliance. So, how about not jumping on someone for voicing an opinion in the manner you are doing. If you wish to be taken seriously and not act like what you are supposedly against, then you should learn to be more respectful.

I misread one of the comments so disregard my first version of this post. I admit Trace acted a bit rashly but at the same time you guys weren't really going anywhere trying to counter what he was saying. You just dug yourselves into a deeper hole.

Edited by Drai

Oh pray tell, how do you make a post stating your dislike for ODP's in a thread about an ODP, without being aggressive towards the ideology that is the ODP? Seriously, it's argument mechanics. If you are arguing against you are an aggressor. Argue for, you are a defender. I'm just saying, this is not the correct channel to argue if you like or dislike ODP's. If he truly meant no offense to either party, then why address it here? What is there to gain in continually saying "ODP's are worthless." Absolutely nothing. They're not going to change their ways for an outside party. So what is the point? It's just poor taste.

First of all, in an argument, everyone is the aggressor and the defender. You have to be aggressive to defend your viewpoint or else you'll get walked on. Seriously, it's argument mechanics. Actually to be more precise, it's debate mechanics. Now, let's switch this up a bit with some substitution...:

I don't like cauliflower (ODPs). Is that statement aggressive? Not particularly. It's a statement. Was I defending my dislike for cauliflower, with any hint of aggression? Not particularly. So what was your point again?

Arrogance? No. I chose my battles, and I chose them wisely. I don't wish to argue with those who already have their mind. Again, I don't care, but when it works the other way, and people hound you for hounding someone else, don't cry wolf. Also, this is the 21st century, I don't believe in sexism, a girl is as worthy an adversary as anyone, so not seeing your point there. As for my "non-existent" in game knowledge. Well, you continue to show your class with a senseless slam in an otherwise healthy debate.

Back on topic: I wish both parties luck in formulating a new relationship.

I'm not close minded, sir. I was once a neutral menace, a former GPAer and fairly loyal to my green brethren. I used to make fun of many of the people I stand with now in private channels because I was once told they were idiots, by a bitter old man. Yet I find myself with them and don't regret opening my mind to the rest of Bob. Close minded? I think not.

Senseless slam? I'm participating in this healthy debate by defending my alliance mate and friend's right to make a statement that ODPs are useless. Also going back to a previous post, you don't know me, how the hell can you dislike me? Hmm?

Congrats to the pair of you. Continue to do what you do, screw the naysayers and the elitists ignore them, as long as it doesn't involving blowing up anyone else's stuff there shouldn't be a problem.

thanks to all that suppport us

and screw you to the people that just cause ignoranze