Athens Announcement

Claiming you are canceling a treaty because your treaty partner has been leaking information you shared with them and then having absolutely nothing to back it up other than a what appears to be a vague feeling is still considered a real bone head move. Nice to see some things have not changed on Planet Bob. Now perhaps you should have thought this through and just went with we are canceling the treaty the reasons have been passed to them. This attempt to take a cheap swipe at another alliance now has the opposite effect of making Athens leadership look lost and petty. What is really odd is if you thought this was the least bit true why did you wait this long? Maybe its just me but if though someone was log dumping on me I would confront them and let them feel my displeasure. Just ask TGE how things went when they did it to me. Get it together Londo and maybe you can salvage something from this.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claiming you are canceling a treaty because your treaty partner has been leaking information you shared with them and then having absolutely nothing to back it up other than a what appears to be a vague feeling is still considered a real bone head move. Nice to see some things have not changed on Planet Bob. Now perhaps you should have thought this through and just went with we are canceling the treaty the reasons have been passed to them. This attempt to take a cheap swipe at another alliance now has the opposite effect of making Athens leadership look lost and petty. What is really odd is if you thought this was the least bit true why did you wait this long? Maybe its just me but if though someone was log dumping on me I would confront them and let them feel my displeasure. Just ask TGE how things went when they did it to me. Get it together Londo and maybe you can salvage something from this.

This appears to have stirred the hornets nest enough to get us all out :D

Once you get past the fangs, TBB is a very sensible guy. :wub:

-Bama

Londo has been the pinnacle of honour in this world and he has my eternal worship, any changes that you noticed would be due to the hardships he faced during the karma war, trying to sort out peace while being faced with a propaganda campaign sent out against him from roller of hard sixes himself.

Even heroes needs a break.

Hey buddy we all need a break... Personally I could do with a break from people trying to outdo Ephie and jerdge in terms of personal spats.

TLDR dont care, get on with it, stop bigging up your own alliance, see it for what it is and give everyone a easier browsing experiance without the drool.

Congrats on your new lord of worship and what not :)

I'm seeing a lot of people bashing Athens for canceling a treaty. My question is this: How does this affect any of you at all?

Most of you are not allied to Athens, and I'm pretty sure you think that's a good thing, so what's the point of bad mouthing Athens? They didn't attack anybody, they didn't abuse anybody. All they did was cancel a damn treaty. How is canceling a treaty a bad thing? Athens has a point of view on an issue, and they acted on it in the best way that they could. Just because you wouldn't have canceled the treaty does not make you right, nor them wrong.

You'd think with this "Only the cool kids do their own sovereign thing" trend going around people would just shut the hell up and accept a damn treaty cancellation. But no, because it's Athens doing what they want to do they're dicks? You can't debate a treaty cancellation. It's not like Londo went to to TSI, canceled the treaty, then punched a baby in the face. There is literally nothing evil about it. Athens did what they wanted to, and it's over.

End of !@#$@#$ story.

Seriously people, find something more important to !@#$%* about.

We are bashing (if you could even call most of our posts that) Athens because they basically insulted an alliance and refused to provide proof (if proof has been provided after this post but before I hit post, I'm sorry, just got back in).

Epic stuff, looking forward to the next Athens cancellation.

edit:spelling

The next one will be very, very, special.

Excuse me, I don't know who's telling you what, but I was never informed of Athens bank nations or aid for bill locked nations, and frankly, I didn't want to know. Our treaty was suspended for the war. Our conversation was a conversation of me asking him about a rumor that I'd heard, about how Athens had ordered LSR, at the time, to attack us. Londo and I talked it over, and found that it was a false rumor. Then, suddenly, mhawk made an OWF post where he referenced a mutual friend, and Londo automatically assumed it was me. I woke up to angry queries and messages, and you can see me talking to Londo about it below. We've already cleared this up.

[13:58:44] <Londo> we were noobs then

[13:58:47] <Londo> didn't have banks

[13:58:51] <Londo> didn't have anyone with cash

[13:58:52] <Shurukian[TSI]> mhm

etc etc

etc etc

...... That's referring to your past.

........ Like, a year and a half ago.

........... How is that relevant to anything today, and how is that any sort of information that anyone would be amazed at? Doesn't almost EVERY new alliance not have banks?

Maybe I'm just missing something here as to how that's relevant?

Edited by Shurukian

...... That's referring to your past.

........ Like, a year and a half ago.

........... How is that relevant to anything today, and how is that any sort of information that anyone would be amazed at? Doesn't almost EVERY new alliance not have banks?

Just wow on that one.

[2009-06-11 13:58:44] <Londo> we were noobs then

[2009-06-11 13:58:47] <Londo> didn't have banks

[2009-06-11 13:58:51] <Londo> didn't have anyone with cash

[2009-06-11 13:58:52] <Shurukian[TSI]> mhm

EDIT: i maybe misread your post, if so then your arguing the wrong incident.

Edited by Jack Diorno

[2009-06-11 13:58:44] <Londo> we were noobs then

[2009-06-11 13:58:47] <Londo> didn't have banks

[2009-06-11 13:58:51] <Londo> didn't have anyone with cash

[2009-06-11 13:58:52] <Shurukian[TSI]> mhm

EDIT: i maybe misread your post, if so then your arguing the wrong incident.

I think

<Londo> we were noobs then

Is what she means. Londo is speaking in the past tense, when Athens was young.

etc etc

Are you trying to tell us Athens was a new alliance during the Karma war? I am pretty sure I recall them from long before. Or maybe you just think no one will read that "we were noobs then" part, even thought it is one quarter of your post. You know what? Just go ahead and fake some logs you might as well swing for the fences at this point.

I think

<Londo> we were noobs then

Is what she means. Londo is speaking in the past tense, when Athens was young.

:v:

Are you trying to tell us Athens was a new alliance during the Karma war? I am pretty sure I recall them from long before. Or maybe you just think no one will read that "we were noobs then" part, even thought it is one quarter of your post. You know what? Just go ahead and fake some logs you might as well swing for the fences at this point.

I don't really get what your trying to push here, logs are relevant to the incident that happened and shuru just claimed she never talked to londo about bank nations etc when that is what the conversation revolved around. I may note again this has nothing to do with the menotah incident, though I said so about 5 times previous, I didn't think I would have to repeat myself again.

EDIT: commas, your best friend.

Edited by Jack Diorno

etc etc

...Huh? How is the fact that Athens didn't used to have banks sensitive information at all? I guess that implies that you DO have banks now... But that's not sensitive either, because everyone has banks. I'll spill a little sensitive information of my own: TOOL has banks. We also have recruiters. And diplomats. How is that sensitive at all?

-Bama

...Huh? How is the fact that Athens didn't used to have banks sensitive information at all? I guess that implies that you DO have banks now... But that's not sensitive either, because everyone has banks. I'll spill a little sensitive information of my own: TOOL has banks. We also have recruiters. And diplomats. How is that sensitive at all?

-Bama

Do you have nukes? Or is that classified? :P

But yeah, saying that you used to not have banks is sensitive is like saying the US used to not have cars is sensitive. :v:

Do you have nukes? Or is that classified? :P

But yeah, saying that you used to not have banks is sensitive is like saying the US used to not have cars is sensitive. :v:

Why, I am offended. The Order Of Light is dedicated to the noble cause of nonproliferation. :v:

-Bama

If the evidence is circumstantial (which at best if any it is) Londo should have simply stated a treaty was being canceled and left it at that. Instead he tried to open old wounds in this PR stunt.

And by this standard I could say, "TSI decided to drop our treaty as we have reached the conclusion Athens may eat babies, we're not trying to shove this down anyone's throats or make a big deal, we just don't feel comfortable being allied to baby-eaters"

This is a serious accusation leveled against us that has repercusions for both our alliances outside this treaty cancellation. Such an accusation deserves evidence, which Athens has not provided

They can say what their judgment dictated. As long as they state that it was circumstantial, which they did, they can state their opinion and judgment on the matter. I seriously doubt anyone approaching you to sign a treaty at this point will worry much about these accusations seeing as it would hardly surprise me or much anyone else if you guys did end up leaking info given how close you are with TPF. It wouldn't change my opinion of you for better or for worse.

I suggest if you don't know what the problem with TSI was, don't comment or argue about it, and instead go back yourself and read londo's statement because I am not going to dig through this thread and find it. <_<

Londo has made 16 posts in this thread. Can you at least direct us to a general area of the thread?

-Bama

I don't really get what your trying to push here, logs are relevant to the incident that happened and shuru just claimed she never talked to londo about bank nations etc when that is what the conversation revolved around. I may note again this has nothing to do with the menotah incident, though I said so about 5 times previous, I didn't think I would have to repeat myself again.

It's also not relevant to other incident as I understand it. So....why are you trying to use it?

I suggest if you don't know what the problem with TSI was, don't comment or argue about it, and instead go back yourself and read londo's statement because I am not going to dig through this thread and find it. <_<

So as of this point we all can assume that you just sort of made up some stuff about TSI to kill the treaty when you found out they were already in the process of doing so. You could have just said that to begin with instead of wasting everyones time with false claims. I am sure you all will handle your next annoucement better. Just think about it first or ask for help. Prior planning prevents public face palms. Eh just chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Oh, and I think you should include the full log, if you want to cut and paste.

14:01… Londo: I remember when Athens was first born

14:02… Londo: it was soft

14:02… Londo: had around 120 nations

14:02… Londo: after the noCB war

14:02… Shurukian[TSI]: We could be ten nations. As long as we're all brothers and having fun, then I'm happy. I think TPF is lucky for what they're going through.

14:02… Londo: we had around 65 deletions

14:02… Shurukian[TSI]: mhm

14:03… Londo: there were some that ran

14:03… Shurukian[TSI]: Wars like that let you know who really wants to be there.

14:03… Londo: but most stayed

14:03… Londo: and just died

14:03… Shurukian[TSI]: mhm

14:03… Londo: we were noobs then

14:03… Londo: didn't have banks

14:03… Londo: didn't have anyone with cash

14:03… Shurukian[TSI]: mhm

14:03… Londo: I'm glad to be doing what I am to NPO

14:03… Londo: they deserve it

Edited by Shurukian

So as of this point we all can assume that you just sort of made up some stuff about TSI to kill the treaty when you found out they were already in the process of doing so. You could have just said that to begin with instead of wasting everyones time with false claims. I am sure you all will handle your next annoucement better. Just think about it first or ask for help. Prior planning prevents public face palms. Eh just chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Uh, no. We didn't "make anything up".

Londo did not want revenge for the NoCB war terms

14:03… Londo: I'm glad to be doing what I am to NPO

14:03… Londo: they deserve it

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Hail Londo, self claimed merciful hero of NPO o/

Edited by mhawk