Athens Announcement

I find this all ironic... Some people will never be happy. So many treaty cancellations, and everyone always cries for reasons... We give reasons, you cry for proof... If we give you proof, you will STILL cry about something. So what is the point?

I am sorry to see treaty cancellations, as it marks a change in the relationship that was once there, but sometimes they are more necessary than others. I believe this is one of those times. Good luck to all in the future.

Not at all. If you had said "Hey, we don't talk" or even "There were some private issues" I would have shrugged, stopped reading, and promptly walked away. Like a lot of these posters. But when you bring up something specific and as bad as what you did, you damn well better assume I'd like to see some proof of it before I accept that it's true.

Also, Battallion you really need to shut up.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because obviously it's impossible to get in contact with an Athenian official. I mean, they don't have a massive government or anything.

And Sasori officials are clearly just as hard to find. Wouldn't want to disturb the embassy you set up that hasn't been posted in since June 2nd. ;)

Looks like you're falling prey to your own accusations. Hey, if you wanna play this game why don't you show me where Athens intentionally shared bad information with an ally.

It was quite surprising TSI didn't cancel when Londo flat out lied to them. Yeah, that breaks just about every treaty ever written.

LieToMe.jpg

^kudos to those that recognize.

I think it seems well clear that the Athens-TSI treaty has become untenable, whatever the truth behind the dispute. Best of luck to all.

LISTEN this man speaks truth

Isn't it just amazing? I feel like that's all we see nowadays. Accusations from everyone going every which way but no evidence to back it up. Most of the time it's just based off of speculation.

The more things change the more they stay the same. YEP I WENT THERE

Good luck to all parties good to see the web trimmed up a little either way.

o/ to all involved.

Not at all. If you had said "Hey, we don't talk" or even "There were some private issues" I would have shrugged, stopped reading, and promptly walked away. Like a lot of these posters. But when you bring up something specific and as bad as what you did, you damn well better assume I'd like to see some proof of it before I accept that it's true.

Also, Battallion you really need to shut up.

This pretty much summarizes everyone's opinion right now, So are we going to see some proof Athens or do we have to take your word for it as always.

It was quite surprising TSI didn't cancel when Londo flat out lied to them. Yeah, that breaks just about every treaty ever written.

You seemed to have missed his point but this leads to 2 questions of mine

1. What was this outright lie and when did it happen?

2. If Londo ever did intentionally lie to TSI about something how did you find out about it anyway?

Edited by anenu

:psyduck:

The man you just quoted was saying that you should provide evidence for your claim. Can you do that or not?

And yes, I know Athens hasn't provided any solid evidence either.

LieToMe.jpg

^kudos to those that recognize.

So to reiterate, I'm guessing you don't have proof to back up your claim.

:psyduck:

The man you just quoted was saying that you should provide evidence for your claim. Can you do that or not?

And yes, I know Athens hasn't provided any solid evidence either.

Its not my evidence to dump. I know what was said/done and it will find its way in due time.

Also, TSI has been a protectorate/ally of TPF. This means we tend to speak/share info and such. Kinda part of the whole treaty business and all.

1. I think the treaty cancellations were a real jack#!& move. But on the bright side, atleast they didn't do it in a war. Which leads me to think that these cancellations are the preparations for a war.

2. ODP's are f'ing useless. Get MDP's or get NAP's, pl0x.

3. No, I don't think Batallion should shut up :)

Edited by Teddyyo

Really, I don't like TPF or their OPP mini-bullies, but if Athens was going to do the full disclosure thing then you should go ahead and list the stuff you told TSI that then ended up "in the hands of [your] enemies."

I believe they are meaning this although I may be wrong there.

EDIT: Link fail.

Edited by Alicia

Because wild speculation will immediately ensue if we fail to provide an explanation, we will also communicate the reasons for those cancellations to the Cyberverse.

Don't even try to spin this other than anything else. You wanted to humiliate TSI. Now frankly, you could just have canceled these treaties and advised your gov and members to not post here (I'm never for gag orders) and it would drift down to the bottom of the page because (no offense) KoC isn't relevant enough to warrant a thread going on forever about and if you had not stated why you canceled on TSI, no one could have a NO U argument like what this thread has become.

TSI and Athens obviously do not like each other, so congratulations to both alliances on dropping a treaty you no longer care about.

I believe they are meaning this although I may be wrong there.

EDIT: Link fail.

Oh please I knew about that before mhawk posted it and I was in semi-retirement and no longer government in any alliance. And guess what. I didn't hear about it from TPF, TSI, Athens, or any of the alliances that have been brought up in this thread.

Put forth an investigation towards spying, this could be the moment to shut Athens up permanently.

I'd love to see you try to shut us up permanently.

This pretty much summarizes everyone's opinion right now, So are we going to see some proof Athens or do we have to take your word for it as always.

I have [OOC]logs I could dump[/OOC]. They prove that I told Shuru something that had spread like wildfire throughout the backwoods of Planet Bob one day later, so much that a fellow allied alliance leader came to me and told me what was going down. I went back through all my logs pretty frantically, trying to see where I had said what I was accused of saying. I found them (mostly complete, if slightly distorted, you know how rumors are), in a query log with Shuru. Mhawk and Shuru later claimed that Shuru had not told Mhawk, but rather Mary the Fantabulous, and Mary had told him. Problem is, nothing I said in Mary's presence jives with the rumors that were going around. I looked carefully over every log I could find, didn't jive at all.

We let it go. We weren't completely sure what had happened. It looked bad, but Shuru protested her innocence and we figured maybe something had been said somewhere that I hadn't found. We let it go. Then the same darn thing happened a month later with the Menotah incident, again with me telling Shuru something and Mhawk immediately taking it to the OWF. Proof? No. It's not proof. It's circumstantial evidence. It could be wrong, but we're pretty sure it's about right. It was then that our gov decided to cancel with TSI; we have only now just gotten around to it. Anyone who has served in our government at any level knows how slowly we move when it comes to canceling treaties.

Edited by Londo Mollari

Oh please I knew about that before mhawk posted it and I was in semi-retirement and no longer government in any alliance. And guess what. I didn't hear about it from TPF, TSI, Athens, or any of the alliances that have been brought up in this thread.

Then I must have been wrong then.

EDIT: Partially right it seems.

Anyone who has served in our government at any level knows how slowly we move when it comes to canceling treaties.

He is not kidding.

Edited by Alicia

Its not my evidence to dump. I know what was said/done and it will find its way in due time.

Also, TSI has been a protectorate/ally of TPF. This means we tend to speak/share info and such. Kinda part of the whole treaty business and all.

Thank you for proving our point.

Oh that situation... I heard about that from Athens govt a few days before (I wasn't allied to Athens) and was asked to see if USN was protecting Menotah. Oh wait, I'm not supposed to reveal this.

Oh that situation... I heard about that from Athens govt a few days before (I wasn't allied to Athens) and was asked to see if USN was protecting Menotah. Oh wait, I'm not supposed to reveal this.

Why did you leak this to TPF, you horrible horrible person.

not even these awesome sigs can save our PR now. :v:
<@Jack|Diorno[Athens]> GUISE

<@Jack|Diorno[Athens]> I JUST MADE

<@Jack|Diorno[Athens]> THE FUNNIEST POST

<@Jack|Diorno[Athens]> EVER

<@Jack|Diorno[Athens]> COME LOOK AT HOW FUNNY IT WAS

<@Jack|Diorno[Athens]> :DDDD

<@Jack|Diorno[Athens]> http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...p;#entry1814502

Not even close.

You have already proven once you are incompetent with what you think is evidence and your public explanations of it when you dump it. Perhaps it is best you decide to not dump this evidence, I bet it makes more sense if people just imagine what is there rather then if you actually showed what that evidence was.

Then the same darn thing happened a month later with the Menotah incident, again with me telling Shuru something and Mhawk immediately taking it to the OWF.

Oh wow. EVERYONE knew what you were doing. I mean hell one of your gov members at the time was telling me about it [ooc]on msn[/occ] when I was in IRAN. You have leaks in your alliance thats not TSIs fault.