IRON's terms end

It went more like

Fark: IRON didn't fully comply because some of their gov members were inactive and didn't respond to messages.

IRON: You guys didn't do a very good job of protecting us.

Fark: That was only because some of our members were inactive and didn't respond to messages!

I was talking about the military decomming and outside aid, not [OOC]article 10[/OOC].

-Bama

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking about the military decomming and outside aid, not [OOC]article 10[/OOC].

-Bama

From here on out, individuals wishing to criticize either Fark or IRON should preface their post by specifying whether their post is in reference to an Article 10 or some other article.

For the record, I wasn't criticizing either party, merely expressing incredulity at the anger and disappointment expressed in the Original Post. Doubtless some will point out to me that I characterized Fark's terms as "humiliating." I did, but that is not a criticism. There are times and places where humiliating terms are warranted.

Just not if you're trying to make friends.

You guys can !@#$%* and moan all you want about IRON's claims Fark didnt protect them. but my conversations with Finster, Krash and PrideAssassin do say otherwise...as im sure the rest of the folks who were Fark gov't during that time will agree on

you can ALSO keep !@#$%*ing about "zomg! ooc terms!" all you want, they fully agreed to it and not one person ever said "hey! im offended by that" and considering how popular the beer reviews were its kind of funny that all the outrage didnt come when terms were being discussed(keep in mind MHA, Gre, FCC, Rok and the Teen Titans all signed the peace terms), when they were presented to IRON, when they were first announced, when the first, second, third, etc beer reviews were posted, when Fark called them out in their latest erection announcement. it took this thread to get you people up on your soap boxes claiming Fark is horrible and evil

faux outrage is so last year (amirite Sal?)

Of our two posts, yours is the only one that contains any outrage, faux or otherwise. I haven't really expressed any outrage in this thread, and most of the discussion in general has actually be relatively calm, which is a testament to the level-headed nature of both FARK and IRON. So, calm down.

IN ORDER TO MAKE IRON FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU, YOU MUST FIRST LEARN THE POWER OF IRONS MIND. THINK LIKE IT DOES AND FEEL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2PLY TOILET PAPER VERSUS THE 3PLY TISSUE. ONCE YOU DO THIS AND HAVE SOME CANDY YOU WILL SEE THAT THE TWO ALLIANCES ARE NOT SO MUCH UNLIKE ONE ANOTHER. IF THIS SHOULD FAIL SIMPLY THROUGH ROCKS AT THEM BECAUSE ITS NOT LIKE YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO LOSE AND YOU WILL BE THE ENVY OF OTHER ALLIANCES THAT FARK ACTUALLY DO LIKE.

IN ORDER TO MAKE IRON FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU, YOU MUST FIRST LEARN THE POWER OF IRONS MIND. THINK LIKE IT DOES AND FEEL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2PLY TOILET PAPER VERSUS THE 3PLY TISSUE. ONCE YOU DO THIS AND HAVE SOME CANDY YOU WILL SEE THAT THE TWO ALLIANCES ARE NOT SO MUCH UNLIKE ONE ANOTHER. IF THIS SHOULD FAIL SIMPLY THROUGH ROCKS AT THEM BECAUSE ITS NOT LIKE YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO LOSE AND YOU WILL BE THE ENVY OF OTHER ALLIANCES THAT FARK ACTUALLY DO LIKE.

I don't think I could have said that better myself.

I do believe you meant throw there kas

KASPERNIA DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES. ALL OUTGOING PROPAGANDA IS CAREFULLY CRAFTED BY ELVES LIKE WILL FERRELL AND THE OTHER ONES THAT WERE BETTER THAN HIM.

ANYWAYS THE FARK ALLIANCE CAN BE VERY HELPFUL AND THEY ARE SMART AS LONG AS YOU TREAT THEM WITH 73% OF THE RESPECT YOU'D EXPECT FROM OTHERS. SOMETIMES THE ELVES CAN EVEN MORPH INTO A HUMAN. FEW OF YOU REALIZE THAT ELVES HAVE CONTROLLED THE NATIONS OF YOUR FAVORITE BLOC THE SUPERFRIENDS. THOSE PLAYERS WOULD INCLUDE WICKEDJ ,FIREGUY, CABLE77, SLICK JOHNSON, WOULDESTOUS AND DELTA.

EDIT: YEAH

Edited by kaspernia

There has been some discussion about the part where you should protect us

I think Heft and PrideAssassin have said everything, but as people just don't read everything, I find myself obligated to write it again.

Not only FARK didn't fully protected us, we managed to have ToS changed during this period. We were cleared to defend ourselves if the nations were under 2k NS. We were only asked to inform them about it. That was not just because. That came after several of IRON nations being repeatedly attacked while all we could do was asking for defense, hearing "we are on it" and "help is on it's way", and waiting for wars to expire naturally without seeing any help coming.

Some FARKers, like Larry, were almost tired of me buggin' on IRC. I liked FARK's military staff, they were always trying to help, at least it seem'd so. I understand that sometimes we have our hands tied and have to follow orders and so. I thank FARK's mil staff for the many times they tried to help, even though they couldn't do it all the time.

Tl;dr: Don't bite more than you can chew

But, well, again, who would care about what an ex-councillor and military staff of IRON has to say, eh?

If the option ever comes up again to protect an alliance that has *any* members outside our range, we will think long and hard about beer and the possibility of retracting such a preposterous clause.

But mostly about beer.

edit: tiperitter malfinkshin

Edited by obfuse

The fact that so many of you suggest that we stop trying to have fun and be more serous is incredibly offensive to me! I am outraged! Humiliated even!

Also,

The difference between 2 and 3 ply is inconsequential. One's true test of worth comes from the way one hangs one's roll. While many instinctually subscribe to the "over the top" method, it is the man of knowledge and wisdom who chooses to go "behind the back."

You guys can !@#$%* and moan all you want about IRON's claims Fark didnt protect them. but my conversations with Finster, Krash and PrideAssassin do say otherwise...

Wow I guess when you are slinging the mud it hits everybody. How exactly did I get in this? Are you implying that I said Fark protected us?

As far as I remember we had one conversation about compliance and I personally messaged those nations immediately. I interacted with you diplomatically to prevent aggression over military/decom violations. It's really disappointing if you are trying to imply otherwise. I really don't know you other than your anti-IRON posts. I'm not sure why you are still beating the drum over this.

So many others have put it much more eloquently than I have but let me say this:

Fark made a term that they are saying was intended to bring our alliances closer. I don't beleive that. It's either not true or you guys don't know us at all. Either way, it didn't happen.

Fark decided they were frustrated about terms enforcement and decided to rub our noses in it over the beer terms because they couldn't attack over it. Well if you take that path, you can't really be mad if the quality of the reviews go down after that eh?

And even after things changed and Fark was getting the response they wanted, Fark decided to take a final parting shot. So because Fark couldn't build a bridge of friendship with their terms, terms they somehow believed would make us closer, Fark decided to launch a PR war against us and make sure any potential bridge of friendship was burned to the ground? Good job.

The funny thing is I really didn't have any bad feelings about Fark before the terms. I personally didn't like the beer terms but I did it. I never expected Fark to try to trash us afterward. I guess that's how they wanted it and this last thread is the period at the end of the sentence. So be it.

Thank you to all of our friends who have supported us during this time. Your support will not be forgotten. And thank you my IRON brethren for staying strong. Better times are ahead.

Edited by Krash

noonnono

If you guys know anything about fark, you're missing the following two steps

step: ????

step: Profit!

I and I think most do not think Profiteering was involved any where from FARK's side. They did not take any reps from us, it was RoK and thier tiny buds whose names I dont remember invovled in Reps. They may have taken some amount for violations, but that is very minor compared to the reps and I am not sure if they did. Linking Profiteering to FARK in reference to IRON Terms is simply wrong, period. I think you're mixing up the Terms ;p.

Fark: IRON didn't fully comply because some of their members were inactive and didn't respond to messages.

IRON: You guys didn't do a very good job of protecting us.

Fark: That was only because some of our members were inactive and didn't respond to messages!

-Bama

LOL! These TOOLers keep winning this thread again and again.

I and I think most do not think Profiteering was involved any where from FARK's side. They did not take any reps from us, it was RoK and thier tiny buds whose names I dont remember invovled in Reps. They may have taken some amount for violations, but that is very minor compared to the reps and I am not sure if they did. Linking Profiteering to FARK in reference to IRON Terms is simply wrong, period. I think you're mixing up the Terms ;p.

you really don't understand Fark, do you?

Step 1 - Go to Fark.com and read the comments section

Step 2 - Join Fark.com

Step 3 - ???

Step 4 - PROFIT!!!

[ooc] something [/ooc{

/o! Haolio

As a member of the original Feb, 2007 caravan of farkers that had settled on this planet in order to battle the evil GOONS I had always hoped that relations between Fark & IRON would be better. After re-settling my nation's people on better land ( $#*&!'ing furs ) I joined IRON and was pleased that later that year that IRON played the largest role in defeating those very same GOONS that oppressed Fark for months on end and had submitted Fark to some of the most humiliating surrender terms the planet has seen. For a time after the UJW, Fark and IRON enjoyed cordial, if not friendly, relations as fellow members of the Orange sphere.

Fast forward a couple years. Fark and IRON are both different alliances then back then and have gone down different paths. IRON's alliance to the NPO obviously put us square in the path of Karma's backlash over, well, basically everything the NPO has ever done I guess. That's fine. I don't want to get into the details or my opinions over that because this isn't the thread for it and it's already been discussed to death anyway. As for Fark and IRON relations going forward? We just got out of fighting a major war against each other. So our relations aren't that great, BFD. I agree, as others have pointed out, that it's due in no small part to the differences in cultures between the two alliances. IRON I guess hasn't always 'fit in' with the 'lulz' crowd. That's fine too. I know IRON has plenty of other nations and rulers on this planet we do 'fit in' with, many of whom have supported us in this thread. I wish to thank them for that as we move forward in this exciting, post Karma War world.

Speaking of moving forward, I would also like to thank Fark, Rok and the rest of Karma for their valuable help in making IRON a stronger alliance. IRON, as many are aware, plays a large role in bringing in, training, and building small new nations on this planet into large and powerful ones. A big part of that is the vast array of economic programs IRON has available (organized by Matt Miller and his extremely talented team.) IRON had obviously gathered dozens, if not hundreds of leeches over the years that had suckled on to the alliance to grow their nations only to flee at the slightest threat. Now that those leeches are gone IRON can focus our economic programs on those that truly deserve to benefit from them. Somewhat IRONicly (haha sorry) I believe that in the long run the Karma War has put us in many ways a better position than we were in before to influence and shape this great planet we are all a part of.

regards,

Severin

Again I don't expect someone like you to ever understand or be able to comprehend. Maybe in the future you will be able to, but until this: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=54850 stops being the norm for ODN, you will never be able to understand.

I really don't think you know who you're talking to

Edited by SpiderJerusalem

Impressive?

No sorry.

IRON, after attacking ROK, was in a defensive position. Its not like we didn't know you were coming. So your patting yourselves on the back for attacking us while we were attacking two targets apiece. By that way of thinking your attack would have been more impressive if we had filled all of our attacking slots before you attacked. Also knowing you are going to out number your opponent 5 to 1 must have built allot of courage for you.

I will say if you had come at us with one large alliance less than you did, we might have had a different outcome.

No, hes saying when Fark could they did defend IRON. trust me as ive previously said i helped organize some of the defense and even authorized an IRON nation or two to hold military in the event Fark could not find anyone that small to help

Lets address this. Gremlins and FCC have very high end nations so after two rounds there was only so much they could do, even Matt Miller's NS had been cut in half, Rok was slightly occupied with NPO. so from about round 2 on you got your $@! kicked by Fark and MHA.

Hire Vlad, hes better at this

Gremlins stated in the beginning that their entry into the conflict was Iron's superior strength as compared to Fark. That without their entry Iron would have done massive damage. I believe without the Gremlins, Iron might have done what the Gremlins suspected.

I´m quite sure the alliances fought IRON never outnumbered IRON 5:1 in NS. Just out of my memory, i hope i don´t miss any alliance. NS prior to war

Iron 20m NS

vs

Fark 10m NS

Grämlins 8m NS

MHA 11m NS

FCC 2m NS

(RoK 8m NS)

I put RoK extra as RoK was heavily engaged on other fronts too. So it was 20m vs 31m with Rok 39m, hardly a 1:5, more a 1:2 even if i missed some allances it wouldn´t be more than a 1:2.5.

FARK et al. were in a very complicated position as IRON´s top tier was knocked down after 1 round out of range of about 35% of Grämlins nations and especailly out of range of Grämlins top tier nations. After 2 rounds it was impossible for a majority of Grämlins to fight IRON. If you don´t believe me, believe UE stats:

From 2009-04-18 to 2009-05-10

karmawarbiggestloseraahu.jpg

About the many violations of surrender articles namely 5 and 7, Grämlins were concerned about that a lot, the common opinion was to find a dipolmatic solution but in case those violations won´t stop or were intentionally we would have had to enforce them. I´m very thankful FARK handled that with style. I can´t believe all that mockering, the terms were light and IRON should be thankful towards FARK, there aren´t that many alliances with an integrity like FARK and frankly not so lenient. IRON should be glad that they weren´t pushed in a state of war again.

Edited by Steelrat

Good to see an end of terms that isn't a lovefest/some treaty signing.

You're right, its good to see a defeated enemy put in their place in this way. The (NPO) shoe is on the other foot now and many former Karma alliances like the fit. They went from "righteous" to banning people from governments of defeated alliances in a few short months, imagine what they will do over the next few years. <_<

Edited by Alterego