Crimson Guard Edict #5: Ultimatum to Internet Superheroes

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The big picture that this "war" isn't a war, and that CG is demanding reps because they have someone trying to aid them?

Or the big picture that anything IS does = bad.

I'm calling it a raid as in Sakura probably wants land and others want tech.

The big picture is that CG is being attacked by IS for completely confusing reasons (which even after 20 pages are still not clear). Whether or not their attack is a raid, or whether or not it had a DoW, CG is under attack. Therefore, CG has very right to demand reps or to fight back. I really don't see how changing the name of the action changes this fact. An alliance is attacked, they fight back and demand reps (if they win, or if they feel they are in position to win). What does the nomenclature have to do with it?

But don't you give your government the authority to make decisions? If not, then why bother having a government? You can just handle everything.

When it comes to the future of an alliance in regards to war, that decision is always finalized by either the alliance leader or the alliance's regent, which it never was...Hence the Ultimatum ^_^

Your definition of Government (the lower Gov making all the decisions while leaving higher Gov in the blue) often leads to either a coup or an anarchy. So I'd better think twice about making the same statement again. ;)

You're calling it a tech raid, while Rey's calling it a "raid" as in military raid. I'm quite sure your side is lacking a consistent story for the world.

Ah, semantics. How I love thee. A Tech Raid, or (OMG BRACE YOURSELF) a raid, is for accumulating tech or even land. What you call it is irrelevant, the methods you may or may not use in a (tech) raid, are irrelevant. You can't impose your standards upon others just because you don't agree with how they're doing things.

I've been pretty consistent though. You also might want to note that Rey isn't a Government member of RAD. He's allowed to voice his opinions all he wants, however only I and the rest of the Government can say we are speaking for RAD as a whole.

The fact that you fit into IS's raid policies, and the fact that Sakura said it was a raid (as opposed to regular members who were told "find somebody and hit them") disproves your statement.

Raiding is war, regardless of whether or not you want to accept that. Raiders typically are subject to very defined rules and practices, but when they raid other nations they are still declaring war on them. I don't know how you can possibly argue otherwise.

What if it was Poison Clan?

They already have that policy.

I'd like to see the day when a legit PC member raids RAD and doesn't catch !@#$ from gov.

Raiding is war, regardless of whether or not you want to accept that. Raiders typically are subject to very defined rules and practices, but when they raid other nations they are still declaring war on them. I don't know how you can possibly argue otherwise.

Raiding usually lacks a state of war between alliances (usually, but there are mass tech raids), and doesn't need an actual reason for war as long as it within a set of rules.

Edited by Rey the Great

When it comes to the future of an alliance in regards to war, that decision is always finalized by either the alliance leader or the alliance's regent, which it never was...Hence the Ultimatum ^_^

Your definition of Government (the lower Gov making all the decisions while leaving higher Gov in the blue) often leads to either a coup or an anarchy. So I'd better think twice about making the same statement again. ;)

That's unfortunate you don't trust your own government to guide your alliance properly. I wouldn't be in charge of Foreign Affairs for RAD if Hakai didn't have faith in me to make decisions, project our position and goals properly. But hey, everyone does things differently. I won't get on your case because of that. Just sayin'. *hint to everyone else* ;)

Ah, semantics. How I love thee. A Tech Raid, or (OMG BRACE YOURSELF) a raid, is for accumulating tech or even land. What you call it is irrelevant, the methods you may or may not use in a (tech) raid, are irrelevant. You can't impose your standards upon others just because you don't agree with how they're doing things.

I've been pretty consistent though. You also might want to note that Rey isn't a Government member of RAD. He's allowed to voice his opinions all he wants, however only I and the rest of the Government can say we are speaking for RAD as a whole.

Then would you agree that spying is also a method of raiding? It's a tech raid for crying out loud...the amount of tech is already shown in the Nation Description! Why do you need spies unless the plans are bigger?

What exactly are you trying to prove here? CG is being attacked. Whatever freakin' name you put it they are under attack from another alliance. So because YOU call it a raid they should just okay it and roll over?

Seriously, try getting over the useless details and concentrate on the big picture here.

Even the ODN scum sees it.

There is something confusing about some of the debate going on here. When a nation is declared on and is attacked, I call it war. A tech raid is an act of war just like any other. When did public opinion start categorizing in this manner?

EDIT: grammar

Edited by Mussolandia

Ok, this isn't worth my time to read 15+ pages of this. It'd be quicker just to skip the pointless banter after the OP and just state what I think;

Crimson Guard has no treaties. Therefore, Crimson Guard is open to be raided. That's a fact that everyone knows and accepts when it comes to alliances - if you don't have a treaty where someone must or could defend you, you will be raided. Simple as that. Internet Superheroes tech raided an "alliance" under 15 members, with no treaties or protectors. Now, I can guarantee if any other alliance had done that, nobody would be making such a stink about this. However, it's Internet Superheroes who initiated these raids and we all know how much the rest of Digiterria loves IS. Which makes this whole ordeal by CG and others who oppose IS to be excessively hypocritical because you don't care about CG, you just want a chance to see IS be attacked and "put in their place". All you're doing is trying to capitalize on people's emotions for vengeance.

When it comes down to it, it is your fault you decided to neglect the wonderful art of diplomacy by not getting yourselves a protector or an M/ODP partner. Pinning the blame and misplaced rage at Internet Superheroes doesn't hide the fact that you failed to play politics in a political world. You reap what you sow by doing that, and frankly, shouldn't complain. But I won't stop you, the tears are quite delicious. As for issuing an "ultimatum" to Internet Superheroes, LOL. You have accepted peace with them already from what I can see, but now you want reparations? Why? You already agreed to peace with IS after they sent you the peace offers. Oh wait, I remember - All you're doing is trying to capitalize on people's emotions for vengeance.

So as far as I am concerned, this is over. If you decide to attack Internet Superheroes for ignoring your complaints and grievances you will get to meet some pretty RAD people shortly after. You can count on it.

/zimmer

Every Night, I Guarantee It.

Have I told you lately that I love you?

When you press the Declare War button, you declare war. IS pressed the button on CG, with their leader's consent. That's war. Some alliances just have the decency to post a DoW and not lie that it's not a war, IS doesn't have that decency. Or honor, for that matter.

When you press the Declare War button, you declare war. IS pressed the button on CG, with their leader's consent. That's war. Some alliances just have the decency to post a DoW and not lie that it's not a war, IS doesn't have that decency. Or honor, for that matter.

I'm trying so hard to figure out if you're doing this while laughing or sincere tears running down your face.

So, this is going on 26 pages. I refuse to go back and read all of it. I just wanna know. whats gonna be done about this. Are alliances gonna try to attack IS and come to CGs defense?

You'd better believe it. I read all 26 pages and still have no idea what IS's CB was for this war, so what choice does the world have but to conclude naked aggression was the reason? <_<

You'd better believe it. I read all 26 pages and still have no idea what IS's CB was for this war, so what choice does the world have but to conclude naked aggression was the reason? <_<

More like profit. That's what a raid is.

Even the ODN scum sees it.

There is something confusing about some of the debate going on here. When a nation is declared on and is attacked, I call it war. A tech raid is an act of war just like any other. When did public opinion start categorizing in this manner?

This sounds very reasonable to me. Now the question is will anybody have the guts to stand up and do something about it?

Hm, the word of the day is: Tech Raid.

T-E-C-H-R-A-I-D

Ta-Ech

Tech

Ra-Aid

Raid

Tech Raid.

You realize, most alliances have it to where their government has to Okay tech raids. Without any treaties, you had no deterrant against that. If you had a couple of things would have happened:

1. If you had been tech raided at all, it wouldn't have been on a large scale

2. You would get reparations

Well guess what, you didn't have any treaties so you did get raided on a large scale and you won't be getting reparations. Now if Internet Superheroes decides to be nice and actually consider it, that's their thing. But you can't force them to. You're not in the position for that. You should have just taken the peace and licked your wounds and we all could be onto better things.

Hold your horses, before we argue what is war and what isn't, were any attacks made besides GAs? If so, IS you just declared war whether you like it or not. If not, you just raided an established alliance, and you better pay up.

Pretty sure their raiding rules define what raiding is for them and what isn't.

Or you could try to address his point. :blink:

Okay. IS raided CG, which is a form of war with set boundaries on what the attacker can and can not do. CG's lack of treaties allowed IS to do this.

[OOC]Showing any emotion over a game other than entertainment beats the point of playing a game, no?[OOC]

[OOC] Pretty much. You should never take this game seriously, with all the things that go on.[/OOC]

Edited by Rey the Great