VE-GDI war

lordliam

Experience is maximized by errors, errors are minimized by experience. We're all here to help each other make mistakes, I mean learn and gain experience.

Experience is not maximized through errors. Experience is maximized by learning from errors. Nor does one need to commit errors in order to learn from them. One can learn from the errors of others so that one does not have to make them themselves. But it is the act of learning from the mistakes that is important, not the fact that mistakes were committed. Making, witnessing, or reading about mistakes and errors without learning from them, is simply creating a situation where history will inevitably repeat itself.

A leader does not have to force their will on others. A leader creates a shared common purpose of being through Vision, Dedication, and Example. A leader fails when they have to resort to threats or even looking behind them to see if anyone is following. A real leader knows that it does not matter if people follow or not. They know that those that do follow, will follow them because they believe in them. Whether it be none, one, or one thousand, a leader is a leader not because of how many they lead but because of the vision they have that compels others to follow.

People should not follow a leader out of blind loyalty, trust, faith, or friendship. They should follow because they know that their leader will not fail them, so they follow because to do less would go against their own personal belief and code. A good leader leads because he or she has a vision that others respect and understand. A good leader has those that follow because they also understand that leadership and position are not power in and of itself, but a responsibility to those that they lead. A good leader should know humility as well as passion because both are called for in their respective times. A good leader can neither back down to adversity, nor be unwilling to bend in the face of adversity either. A good leader knows when each is called for. Because experience and wisdom has taught him or her when to do each.

It is, relatively speaking, easy to die for someone or a cause or get others to do so. It is far harder to live on, perhaps in disgrace, so that others may have a better future. A good leader will know when it is time for the first. But only a few of the best know when it is time for the second. And even fewer are able to follow through with it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funNy how most of the time the People who are wrong in CN win, fortunately this is not One of those situations.

Also, you have just convinced me to fight even harder, as soon as update comes...

As much as I have a distaste for the NPO (which Karma war kinda made better) I would never say NPO is anywhere near GDI. I would say that NPO leadership was an evil mastermind. GDI leadership is a chicken with its head cut off.

I tried to read through this thread... but all I got was:

lordliam announces he is in PM and surrenders his AA to "VE POW"

lordliam un-surrenders, going into war mode

lordliam posts an internal communication from his leader Ryan, then announces he is switching his AA back to "GDI" In his response to the internal communication, he blasts Ryan's attitude/actions.

lordliam defends Ryan as a good decent leader, and states that "we all make mistakes"

lordliam vows to not take any surrender terms VE has to offer!

NPOer's post makes lordliam realize that he needs to fight EVEN HARDER!!! at UPDATE!!!

lordliam surrenders, a second time, and switches his AA to "VE POW" again...

did I miss anything here? Is this really what happened? or is this a joke thread?

(if it's a joke thread, it had me going)

edited for clarification

That more or less sums it up.

Almost being knocked into anarchy made me realize the futility of the situation. I still respect RyanGDI as a leader, but I believe it is time to resign and change my AA to VE POW for now. A real leader must know when he is beat and must surrender when that time comes.

Almost being in anarchy? You didn't realize the futility of the situation when a much larger alliance attacked you due to the incompetence of your leader? Congratulations on surrendering, hopefully you can move on. Just avoid Ryan at all costs and your CN career, for the most part, should improve dramatically.

As much as I have a distaste for the NPO (which Karma war kinda made better) I would never say NPO is anywhere near GDI. I would say that NPO leadership was an evil mastermind. GDI leadership is a chicken with its head cut off.

That more or less sums it up.

*pets his blindingly white cat with his black leather gloves while throwing scraps of human flesh to a flock of Blackbirds*

Edited by Cortath

You were under the GDI AA when he attacked. Not to mention the fact that he's from WF and isn't at all involved in this conflict.

WF is our protectorate, and we are thrilled they want to help out where they can. Saying they are uninvolved is both a lie and simply ignorant.

Edited by TypoNinja

WF is our protectorate, and we are thrilled they want to help out where they can. Saying they are uninvolved is both a lie and simply ignorant.

This is an example of the exact reason why alliances shouldn't get involved in alliance wars without a posted DoW.

This is an example of the exact reason why alliances shouldn't get involved in alliance wars without a posted DoW.

For their extremely limited level of involvement, no formal thread was necessary. As per our treaty, they are more then in the right to conduct some exercises and fill some slots on GDI.

Also, Typo, tone it down homie...the condescending attitude was unwarranted.

For their extremely limited level of involvement, no formal thread was necessary. As per our treaty, they are more then in the right to conduct some exercises and fill some slots on GDI.

That's what people always say.

It's still courteous when supporting an ally to post that fact SOMEWHERE. Even if you're only sending a couple nations, you can always drop one post off in your ally's thread, so that people who are interested in the war know what's actually happening.

That's what people always say.

It's still courteous when supporting an ally to post that fact SOMEWHERE. Even if you're only sending a couple nations, you can always drop one post off in your ally's thread, so that people who are interested in the war know what's actually happening.

That was the plan, but it got closed ;)

However, I see and for the most part agree with your point...but this situation was so limited I dont think it really matters.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Oh, I get it now, you're letting WF members attack POWs, even though they gave up. Okay, that's fine, I can dig it.

You just don't know when to give up, do you?

You were in the GDI AA when you were attacked. Whining about it here won't get you much sympathy anyway.

That was the plan, but it got closed ;)

However, I see and for the most part agree with your point...but this situation was so limited I dont think it really matters.

Well, that's a reasonable excuse. :)

But yeah. Our Jarheads DoW was in NPO's thread. As we sent like two nations I think (nobody in range, heh) it didn't seem to merit a thread on its own. I'd actually like to see a lot more of that sort of thing; DoS threads always struck me as weird. If you're going to declare support for your ally, most of the time those announcements could be made in your ally's thread.