Hotspots are bad for RP, m'kay?

Botha

Hotspots are bad, m'kay?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Proposal by admins to make the in-game map meaningful could have dire consequences to those of us RP'ing if implimented.

Basically, the ramifications we could see happening is that alliances dictating in-game map locations. Since our RP land claims have traditionally been based on in-game locations, this could throw our whole land claims RP out the window by bring outside forces into play.

Anyways, have a read through the thread link above and see what you think. Thought I would bring this to your attention.

Personally - and RP issues aside - I don't like this idea unless there is an option to completely opt out. But that is discussion for another thread.

Edited by Botha

What is the effect of this on CNRP? Outside of Bothamode? I don't really get the CNRP problem of it, in game it may be a bad development, but most of us only partially copy CN into their CNRP nation. We could just ignore it. Its up to the community really.

What is the effect of this on CNRP? Outside of Bothamode? I don't really get the CNRP problem of it, in game it may be a bad development, but most of us only partially copy CN into their CNRP nation. We could just ignore it. Its up to the community really.

There are those of us that have a reason for being on the location we are on the map. Creating hotspots for earth affect RP'ers that choose to be in a location than in the hotspot for those reasons, and harm their nation development. Like Botha said, that is another argument for another thread.

You mean things like SoI? I think we need a clarification of the rules regarding SoI, see also the Pitcairn incident. But I understand what the point is.

I like having my capital ingame where my capital is IC.

The hotspots would force me to move my capital, especially if not being on hotspots means penalties.

I have my claims within my SOI and it's in the middle of the ocean. Honestly, the best thing to do if people have to start moving their nations is to, when you move your capital, move it to the center of your claims (but don't press move!). Take a screenshot and upload it to photobucket/imageshack/imagehost, put it up to prove your SoI, and then actually move your capital to where you need it to be. It takes about two minutes to d oand saves a lot of hassle.

This idea is just a proposal, but it's pretty well established in my opinion now that if we are to add a hotspots idea that it would be either improvement or wonder based. There have been too many issues based on the feedback in the hotspots topic with moving a nation so you mustn't worry about the feature messing up your role play. We'll take it in another direction if it is to be implemented so that you are not forced to move your nation on the map.

This idea is just a proposal, but it's pretty well established in my opinion now that if we are to add a hotspots idea that it would be either improvement or wonder based. There have been too many issues based on the feedback in the hotspots topic with moving a nation so you mustn't worry about the feature messing up your role play. We'll take it in another direction if it is to be implemented so that you are not forced to move your nation on the map.

admin posted in our forum! We have been showered with holy awesomeness! o/

EDIT: I don't see how this could affect non-Bothamode CNRPers.

Edited by Biohazard

I have my claims within my SOI and it's in the middle of the ocean. Honestly, the best thing to do if people have to start moving their nations is to, when you move your capital, move it to the center of your claims (but don't press move!). Take a screenshot and upload it to photobucket/imageshack/imagehost, put it up to prove your SoI, and then actually move your capital to where you need it to be. It takes about two minutes to d oand saves a lot of hassle.

Well, we could always use

http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm

:v:

Lolhai, admin. :awesome:

I don't see how this could affect non-Bothamode CNRPers.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the assumption that any/everyone (not just Bothamoders) who made a land claim had to have their capitals located within their claim. Also SOI reasons.

This is great news. Thanks for the update Admin!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the assumption that any/everyone (not just Bothamoders) who made a land claim had to have their capitals located within their claim. Also SOI reasons.

Yes, to my knowledge one's initial claim must be within their SOI (although it doesn't have to be exactly 100% provided they do have the landmass required [ex. some SOI is covering useless water]).

Where I RP'd before, I'll RP now. If they force our nations to move around a bit for the sake of RP and improving our nations we must all just admit that this is silly and shouldn't have to be RP'd. When the world map had no consequences for being located at a certain point the request that I move my capital was fine. But now that there are hotspots (and perhaps even alliances laying "claim" to certain hotspots as I think will happen) this becomes impossible as a request on players.

Player would hence be where they claim to be as shown by their factbook and supported by the area they have under their sphere of influnce. Requiring their SoI to cover the region is unrealistic with this change and not really bad, it just elliminates what I thought was an unnecessary rule before.

Just use the radius around a point if they impliment it, and if they do as admin says they might then we need not worry.

Problem solved.

It seems to me like this is quite reasonable and would make the most sense.

I don't really see why there's any fuss over this to be honest :mellow:

IIRC, there's a website out there that can draw areas with an input radius (like the IG map), so in case hotspots become a reality (I'm personally against them, though), we can just use that tool in order to clarify claims.

I linked to that website in one of my earlier posts.