Crimson Guard forums hacked

baseballer790

Often times, the victim 'knows' the attacker -- this is true for many RL crimes, and for online ones.

One idea is to draw up a list of who might want to do that -- and you'll likely have the 'who could'.

And I'd start with those closest to 'home' -- in other words, anyone with Admin rights, masking rights, moderation rights, the general users, and finally, those outside the alliance.

Also, I'd recommend running a full malware sweep on your system(s), and then changing all your passwords, making sure that you don't reuse any -- anywhere.

Also, OOC point: Its not hacking if you set your admin password to something silly such as "qwerty" or "asdfg".

Nor is it hacking if you use the same password on 59 sites, including your forums.

Edited by Sakura

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Often times, the victim 'knows' the attacker -- this is true for many RL crimes, and for online ones.

One idea is to draw up a list of who might want to do that -- and you'll likely have the 'who could'.

And I'd start with those closest to 'home' -- in other words, anyone with Admin rights, masking rights, moderation rights, the general users, and finally, those outside the alliance.

Also, I'd recommend running a full malware sweep on your system(s), and then changing all your passwords, making sure that you don't reuse any -- anywhere.

Also, OOC point: Its not hacking if you set your admin password to something silly such as "qwerty" or "asdfg".

Nor is it hacking if you use the same password on 59 sites, including your forums.

I have a 8 letter password with numbers and letters that only I know.

Edited by baseballer790

i guess i should change my passwords then? :v:

anyways, hope you find the punk and get him pretty good

Mmm... baseless accusations of RL crimes, that's a brilliant idea.

I once again agree with Sal Paradise. :(

CG, whatever happened, good luck fixing it. Destruction of RL property over CN is very low.

-Bama

Who wants to put some tech out that either we never find a perpetrator, and/or Baseballer/Sileath were the ones actually committing the attacks to garner sympathy/attention?

I laughed because this is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Getting hacked sucks, I know. However, you two probably brought it on yourselves if you didn't do it.

I don't like hackers, but they at least picked the right forums to hit for once.

I laughed because this is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Getting hacked sucks, I know. However, you two probably brought it on yourselves if you didn't do it.

I don't like hackers, but they at least picked the right forums to hit for once.

Advocating OOC attacks for IC reasons.. I knew there was a reason it's called lolpink.

Advocating OOC attacks for IC reasons.. I knew there was a reason it's called lolpink.

He's not 'advocating' anything. And you 'loling' anybody is laughable. lolsileath.

Edit:

Nation Strength: 3,921.804 [Nation is within your strength range but is in Peace Mode.] (My nation strength is: 4,376.691)

Come out and playy, Sileath!

Edited by Penkala

Because I really said "GOOD JOB HACKERS, GO HIT THEM AGAIN WHEN THEY SWITCH HOSTS!"

No. Getting hacked sucks. What I said was... I'm happy that someone hardworking and honest didn't get hacked.

Because I really said "GOOD JOB HACKERS, GO HIT THEM AGAIN WHEN THEY SWITCH HOSTS!"

No. Getting hacked sucks. What I said was... I'm happy that someone hardworking and honest didn't get hacked.

What he means is, if someone's gotta be hacked (assuming this wasn't done on purpose to gain sympathy), then it may as well be Sileath rather than anyone else because, well, lolsileath...

CG took a lot of work, a lot of hours to create. Calling us liars/lazy people is very low even of you.

By the way, the person who hacked the database used this person's email to create an account on our forums http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...Nation_ID=17205 . The email was retrieved from his OWF profile.

Anybody know why his email was used by the hacker?

Most likely someone that was picked at random. I highly doubt Subtle hacked your forums.

Also, this is why you have email verification.

CG took a lot of work, a lot of hours to create. Calling us liars/lazy people is very low even of you.

And you inserting a snarky comment while trying to criticize someone's lack of class is just so deliciously ironic. Based on past actions of several of your members it is not out of the question that you did this for publicity.

And you inserting a snarky comment while trying to criticize someone's lack of class is just so deliciously ironic. Based on past actions of several of your members it is not out of the question that you did this for publicity.

Sileath is no longer a member. I myself do not view any kind of publicity as a positive thing. Alliance matters should be kept within the alliance, useless drama is detrimental. We did not create this alliance to be attention whores, we created it to have fun and build a decent alliance.