A Joint GDI-FAIL Announcement

Here, a completely dull treaty announcement. To also add to the spirit, we've put the flags on the bottom instead of top. ;)

An Appropriately Dry, Dull, and FAIL treaty involving the GDI. Ironically.

Preamble:

In light of a mutual desire to establish a friendship between our two alliances, the Global Defence Initiative and the Federated Allied Independence League have signed this dull and straight-forward treaty, designed that way in reference to FAIL (insert pun here).

Article I: Sovereignty

Both alliances agree to see one another as separate entities, and will remain as such for the duration of this treaty. Should either alliance merge and/or disband, the treaty will immediately be defunct.

Article I: Optional Defense

Both signatories agree to Optionally defend the other by this treaty. If one signatory is attacked by another alliance, the other signatory may look into this attack and decide upon whether or not to defend the attacked signatory. Defense is not mandatory and so each signatory may choose not to defend the other although it is highly considered to defend each other as a sign of their friendship.

Article II: Aggression

Both signatories agree to optionally be an offensive team by this treaty. If one signatory attacks another alliance, the other signatory may look into this attack and decide whether or not to attack with the other signatory. Aggression is not mandatory and so each signatory may decline the option to attack with the other signatory although it is highly considered to help each other in the time of an offensive war as a sign of strong friendship.

Article III: Termination

If one signatory decides to terminate this treaty, they must give the other signatory a 48 hour notice before it is dissolved and the two signatories are no longer bound by this treaty. If one signatory does not give the other signatory it's 48 hour notice before it is officially dissolved, the treaty remains in place until the other signatory is given it's 48 hour notice. Exception to this is listed in Article I.

Signed for Global Defence Initiative*,

RyanGDI - Surpreme Commander

70srock - Brigadier General

Arkeanon - Commanding General

Signed for Federated Allied Independence League,

Emperor Rebel Virginia of FAIL/RLMMO

* - excluded signatures over-ridden via Supreme Commanding authority. ElNoor's signature (MoFA) has been passed off because of his very recent appointment to the position, and McSlaveson's signature (Head of Immigrations / Trade Director) is temporarily over-ridden due to him being on a continued vacation for a period of two weeks. Upon their capability to apply signatures, if they are unappeased with the treaty and argue against it, it will be re-evaluated by government. Should it be decided that we are not in favour of the treaty, appropriate actions will be taken to end it at the earliest time possible, as per our government operating procedures.

GDIFlag.jpg

failmark4.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, this isn't a joke thread. RV just isn't on at the moment, I've linked him to here in-game and via forums.

Instead of signing treaties, why aren't you joining Crimson Guard?

Instead of shutting up, why are you pissing people off? <_<

Edited by RyanGDI

I'm not 100% sure which of the signatories I should be sorry for. :awesome:

Whoever wrote the treaty, I feel sorry for the opposite group.

Whoever wrote it obviously cannot count and lives in a world where you count "1, 1, 2, 3".

Whoever wrote the treaty, I feel sorry for the opposite group.

Whoever wrote it obviously cannot count and lives in a world where you count "1, 1, 2, 3".

It was an intentional mistake. Glad you caught it. :awesome:

Why does RV need to be told that he is allowed to attack with/defend GDI? He would just do it anyway if he felt like it.

RV signing optional treaties is as much a waste of time as ODN signing mutual ones.

I LOL'd But you're absolutely right.