New change to tech multiplying.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also suggesting for all those bawwwing, actually read the thread and understand WHY this change was put in place.

Read. Educate. Better yourself.

ahhh the man who proposed this idea likes it....how fitting.

Maybe because my trade circle is based off of pop bouns and happiness and now it doesnt matter cause any big nation can muke at will and all of us pay the price...real classy

There are consequences for irresponsibility? Ridiculous!

Well first off I must say that of all the results I am enjoying the :popcorn: most of all :rolleyes:

Rather than restate stuff that has already been said I want to just tack on a 'me too' to the opinions of which I share.

#1) GRL is an interesting game dynamic that may help curb the rather rampant nuking of late. However it would probably also benefit from some form of color sphere or even alliance link as well.

#2) GRL does in fact make environment something that one must think about more now (hehe suck it to my friends who laughed at me for keeping lead around in fear that this day was coming) :awesome:

#3) Devalued NS of tech is probably good

#4) Devalued NS of tech to 1/4 of where it was, probably bad.

#5) Devalued NS of tech without altering the NS of infra or military units, definitely bad.

#6) If tech is devalued then it's cost and benefits should be altered equally.

#7) Weapons destroy tech is good, might make raiders actually raid, and those who want to avoid raiders be able to deter simply by holding enough weapons that they could destroy more tech than you can steal.

The most concerning I feel is #5 and #6 as who can fight whom was somewhat balanced and even before. At least it was compared to this. I checked my nation strength range page and found some nations of whom I was too high to engage previously that now I can. Nations that I could probably take 4 or 5 of without concern. If tech is going to lower NS then it should lower practical benefits as well.

But what is the goal in reaching a NS... it's an arbitrary number and if you goal is just to reach a NS it shows the failure of how you are playing the game, and I would just suggest quitting now.

Your goal should be thought of in terms of RANK not NS... and this didn't change anyone's rank much at all.

Many of us started way back, when there were already 20k+ nations and there was really no chance of becoming a top ranked nation. While some additions to the game have changed that to some extent, we established our goals for the game knowing we wouldn't be able to reach a top rank, so we set NS goals for ourselves. I don't see how that makes us any less of a 'game player' than anyone else?

I can understand why it was done, I am not at all happy about it because now a nation I know of that was 4 times my size can attack me. he won't, but he could. I wouldn't mind this if they had say halved it instead but this is way too drastic a change. I lost 700 places just on what I've seen so far. Hopefully this will go to my advantage as nations update.

Tech raids are worthless now too.

A little unsolicited advice here.......Before anybody says to stop whining be very careful because the tech levels still mean an advantage in war and I am sure you may make somebody mad enough about this to stomp you very hard, just my two cents worth.... ( It won't be me but it can happen fast and hard as it happens all the time in this game. )

Edited by Regent of Omerta

But what is the goal in reaching a NS... it's an arbitrary number and if you goal is just to reach a NS it shows the failure of how you are playing the game, and I would just suggest quitting now.

Your goal should be thought of in terms of RANK not NS... and this didn't change anyone's rank much at all.

there you go.

Perhaps you shouldn't join a game that is still in Beta, then?

Touche.

Life isn't fair, and CN isn't either :)

I can still feel for people who got their long-term planning pulled out from under them on a whim though. I can also continue to wonder what other sort of other changes could be set in place that have such a effect on long-term building. If you were one of those "planners" you may be able to see the other side as well.

My favorite part. We all get to listen to the GRL whiners who don't understand how it actually works.

If everyone gets hurt then effectively NO ONE gets hurt... we are all still playing on a level playing field.

Oh how I love GRL, it is the single most effective issue at showing who has an IQ over 80 and who is still swinging from the trees.

Touche.

Life isn't fair, and CN isn't either :)

I can still feel for people who got their long-term planning pulled out from under them on a whim though. I can also continue to wonder what other sort of other changes could be set in place that have such a effect on long-term building. If you were one of those "planners" you may be able to see the other side as well.

Might I suggest reading the gameplay, suggestion, and bug forums as well.

Anyone who had been reading those forums knew this change was a long time coming.

well all i means is that I am going to have to change the way I play the game. Instead of normal way we have been taught to play i will have to adjust as will alot of others.

I do like that it brought everyone closer together NS wise...but it was a very drastic change all of a sudden which caught everyone by surprise. well at least most of us..

Some seem to relish in the idea...because it was his

I can't even begin to argue that point. For it is the absolute truth. It's been known to be "fake" for quite some time now.

The point I'm getting at is the sudden changes that affect long-term game planning (whether that game planning is poor or not). It makes me wonder what else could change.

Many of us started way back, when there were already 20k+ nations and there was really no chance of becoming a top ranked nation. While some additions to the game have changed that to some extent, we established our goals for the game knowing we wouldn't be able to reach a top rank, so we set NS goals for ourselves. I don't see how that makes us any less of a 'game player' than anyone else?

If you were actually "game players" you wouldn't be threatening to leave because you've suffered a bloody setback.

This is why I love my alliance so. Adapt and survive. People piss and moan when admin doesn't make a change, then when he does they say it's the end of the game and we're all screwed and admin ruins everything. Then none of the doomsday prophecies come true and 2 months later you're all stomping your feet begging for this change and that.

It's stupid, it's annoying. Your strategy is ruined? Tough. Think of a new one and move on, the game hasn't changed at all, there's simply another challenge for you to overcome. A challenge that everyone else has to overcome, too.

two new things have been added. Return of Global Radiation :( and change of tech.

11-1-2007

- Global Radiation has been brought back into the game. The cap on global radiation is set at 4.0. There is no threshold for a happiness bonus for a low global radiation level.

- The nation strength of technology has been reduced from a multiplyer of 20 to a multiplyer of 5. Nation strength will update when you view your nation (or anyone else's nation)

Linky to update log

How do you guys feel about this? The top person is now at 85k NS.

I feel this is great. Nation strength has been getting bloated for tech for a long time. Finally infrastructure is not vastly weaker than tech when it comes to NS. Then with global radiation, when a nuclear war occurs everybody's growth slows, and not just those involved in the war.

Basically anything DAC (whatever the Gramlin's guy's name is) says will be the reasons why this is a good thing. The game has needed this for some time now, and I'm glad to finally see it done.

My favorite part. We all get to listen to the GRL whiners who don't understand how it actually works.

If everyone gets hurt then effectively NO ONE gets hurt... we are all still playing on a level playing field.

Oh how I love GRL, it is the single most effective issue at showing who has an IQ over 80 and who is still swinging from the trees.

i am just now realizing your level of awesome.

I went from 62K to 39K in NS and my rank will probably go up a bit. I was always a bit tech poor...not much, just a bit.

I have no problem with this change.

And i have water, so my enviroment is good. I would like to see GR affect the alliance or colour of nukers a slight bit more then others...although in a major war we wil all glow green again

Good changes... tech is still worth a bit, but less than before. There are enough reasons to keep buying tech, however for the NS-addicted fraction here, it might be a blow. Also, radiation is good as it helps the nations with bad ressources, especially lead.

I'm off shopping some boarder walls.

Edited by General Guisan

Dropped mine by 130 :( went from #134 to #264

/me goes back to climbing the ladder