New change to tech multiplying.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is properly suited for the Gameplay Discussions

iMove

Whats the point... I have a feeling either way the OWF is going to be swamped for a few days with "OMG I LOST X NS! WHAT HAPPENED" type threads... better to have it all clumped in one place than a bazillion... but then again I am not a forum admin so what do I care :P

Losing a handful of whiners isn't much of a loss to the community and they will be replaced within a few days.

I've been playing this game for 511 days, without ever making a single complaint about anything related to game mechanics. I have supported pretty much every single change ever made since I started playing, even ones that negatively affected my nation. But I was just set back to where I was 200 days ago in terms of NS, I think I have the right to 'whine' a bit.

<_<

It's is a good addition, this way NS better reflects the military strength of a nation. And new nations don't see those 150k NS nations anymore, which will discourage them building their nations because they will never reach that level. I just dropped out the nuke border while I was buying nukes and I am now on 8%. I don't bother because the idea behind this is good.

I only hope admin will make warfare more attractive. Global radiation level makes nuclear warfare less attractive. And because tech is almost worthless now we see less wars and tech raiding. Not much people will risk a hell lot of infra , military and even technology only to loot 5 tech and 1 miljon cash for each ground attack. In general wars need to be more profitable and less destructive.

Please admin, keep this game a cool warfare game, and don't let it turn into a silly Sim City game,

Edited by Timmehhh

I've been playing this game for 511 days, without ever making a single complaint about anything related to game mechanics. I have supported pretty much every single change ever made since I started playing, even ones that negatively affected my nation. But I was just set back to where I was 200 days ago in terms of NS, I think I have the right to 'whine' a bit.

<_<

But Masta... look at your current ranking vs where you were ranked prior to this change.

I would bet $100 you are ranked within 100 spots of where you were before, unless you were either highly bloated on tech (like me) and dropped some or were severely short on tech and jumped a bunch... this effectively didn't do anything.

Sure it dropped some numbers, but it didn't change your position in the game.

And gameplay wise it was the best possible thing that could happen.

<_<

Maybe you should re-evaluate what strength really is, then?

The OWF needs a thread on this imo, everyone will look there.

I think it's a great change, see my posts in the Suggestion Box for why. It hit the Grämlins' NS pretty hard though, we've lost a quarter of our strength.

GRL I'm not sure about, but I think it is a waste of time if it affects everyone. Making Radiation Cleanup worthwhile again is a good idea though.

The 'missiles destroying tech' thing is a less good idea imo.

I dropped 12k, but went from 3.8% tot 1.8%. It scared the !@#$ out of me when I saw I dropped 12k in strength, but overall this is good. There are people who's only goal in this game is to do as many tech deals as they can so they can rise up in NS quickly. NS now represents the true strenght of a nation much better.

I love how everyone is all maddy-waddy because their statistics dropped a little bit. Personally I hope this prunes a few of you who only stick around to tech whore to get as much NS as you possibly can through incessant tech deals rather than proper growth or via tech raiding.

using tech isn't proper? excuse me Doitzel, is it not a facet of the game?

how can it be improper then, at least a 2-3 months warning period would ahve been nice, this is a major change...

The OWF needs a thread on this imo, everyone will look there.

I think it's a great change, see my posts in the Suggestion Box for why. It hit the Grämlins' NS pretty hard though, we've lost a quarter of our strength.

GRL I'm not sure about, but I think it is a waste of time if it affects everyone. Making Radiation Cleanup worthwhile again is a good idea though.

The 'missiles destroying tech' thing is a less good idea imo.

Oh come on.

ZI was so last year... ZNS is the wave of the future! :D

1. It's been proven before that GRL does not deter people from dropping nukes. It usually winds up at its cap most the time, anyways.

2. My opinion on the tech change is that, although there is logical argument for lowering it, I think cutting into a quarter of what it did was a tad overkill.

3. i like the update to CMs and nukes. It makes CMs more worth buying than they were before.

The best part of this change was watching Warriorconcept drop from 92,000 to 40,000 NS.

LOL!

Oh and stop whining, everyone lost NS. That's what you get for bloating your nation with useless tech.

tech increasing NS makes sense, in the real world it's called productivity and is what spurred on the boom of the 90's...

But Masta... look at your current ranking vs where you were ranked prior to this change.

I would bet $100 you are ranked within 100 spots of where you were before, unless you were either highly bloated on tech (like me) and dropped some or were severely short on tech and jumped a bunch... this effectively didn't do anything.

Sure it dropped some numbers, but it didn't change your position in the game.

And gameplay wise it was the best possible thing that could happen.

I'm so happy to be in the latter group. I'm up over 500 ranks, no mean feat for someone who was around 3% pre-update. My rank was cut in half. :awesome:

Grrr, both changes are negative, at least in my opinion.

GR just hurts us all, no matter whether we have actually had any effect, while this tech change just screws up NS.

NO MOAR (semi)UNFAIR ADVANTAGES!. :'(