New change to tech multiplying.

Looks like all CN will be now is the mundane, collect taxes and buy infra. At least before you could buy tech.

yeah totally, because pressing an extra button every day practically tripled the excitement

edit: ahahah, i dont see what is stopping you from buying tech now aswell

Edited by Jebbie

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. It's been proven before that GRL does not deter people from dropping nukes. It usually winds up at its cap most the time, anyways.

2. My opinion on the tech change is that, although there is logical argument for lowering it, I think cutting into a quarter of what it did was a tad overkill.

3. i like the update to CMs and nukes. It makes CMs more worth buying than they were before.

This^.

I agree with the principles of lowering tech value, the old system gave it far too much value, but dropping it by 75% is insane. 50% is ok, though even that seems a bit steep even.

And I know my position based on ranking will not change that much(though I'm out 500+ spots from where I was, it will keep changing yet I'm sure). But when I started the game I set two goals for myself:

Reach 30k NS - done.

Reach 60k NS - not done, now will probably never be done.

RANT TIME:

I'm now below what my previously reached goal was, and it pisses me off. Due to nuclear rogues, sanctions, crappy trades and a few major wars it took me almost 400 days to reach 30k NS. Now with my infra costs being what they are it will probably take another 400 days just to re-reach my previous goal for the second time.

I'm 50/50 on whether to quit completely, or just delete my piece of crap nation and start over from the begginning, neither option really pleases me but I can't keep growing the way my nation is. My infra costs are over a million per 10 levels, but I only make 720k per day(930k with the trade that I just lost yesterday). It's taken me over 3 months just to gain 135 infra(and I had 6 mil in aid help with that), which is what, like a few hundred NS points? It's not worth the time to continue with this nation anymore.

If I do restart I'm being selfish this time, I gave out over 500 mil in cash and over 300 tech in my time in CN, and it screwed me. I could have passed 60k before this happened and retired from CN satisified that I reached my goals. Now that won't happen. I've been playing CN for soo long that it is a big deal to me to reach the goals I set out for myself when I started. I certainly haven't stuck around this long for the excitement, seeing as it's been a good 250+ days or so since the last time anything in CN 'excited' me. [/Rant]

As for the GRL, I 100% support it, as I did way back when it was first introduced. I dissapproved of it being removed, though I understand why it was. So I'm glad it's back now.

But the tech thing is too much.

What the hell is the point of the GRL? I wasn't here last time they had it, but it seems so pointless. As for the tech update, I like it. Oh sure, TOOL is back below 2 mil NS, but we're infra-rich, so we'll be mostly fine. And everyone else gets affected too. Hopefully this will make everyone realize that infra is the real NS.

-Bama

Make lead a bit less !@#$%*?

Also, why should tech be made cheaper? You pay for the same, except that tech-based NS has been downgraded to reflect the fact that it's infra that wins wars.

There are going to be tech heavy nations (I'm one of them) who followed the rules of the game but are now up sh*t creek without a paddle because of this update. I really think it's unfair these nations who have not broke the rules can be threw back so badly in strength... if I knew tech level strength was going to drop I wouldn't have bought tech, but I did. Now because of it I have to suffer a 1/3 nation reduction and I did nothing wrong... doesn't sound fair to me.

Edited by circlewood

yeah totally, because pressing an extra button every day practically tripled the excitement

edit: ahahah, i dont see what is stopping you from buying tech now aswell

Before there was different ways to get higher in strength. You could buy tech, or infra. You had differnt kinds of powerful nations. It made the game more interesting. It's like nations had different strengths and attributes because they had invested their money differently. Now only one of those attributes is important and worth buying.

Edited by Nymraud

There are going to be tech heavy nations (I'm one of them) who followed the rules of the game but are now up sh*t creek without a paddle because of this update. I really think it's unfair these nations who have not broke the rules can be threw back so badly in strength... if I knew tech level strength was going to drop I wouldn't have bought tech, but I did. Now because of it I have to suffer a 1/3 nation reduction and I did nothing wrong... doesn't sound fair to me.

Exactly. We used a game function to grow our nations, now we're screwed by that perfectly legal game function.

Now I've got to say this is going to end up being one of the most hated changes in the history of the game.

most of the people i'm talking to think it;s a great change. myself included.

NS is just a number. your nations still performs the same

Before there was different ways to get higher in strength. You could buy tech, or infra. You had differnt kinds of powerful nations. It made the game more interesting. It's like nations had different strengths and attributes because they had invested their money differently. Now only one of those attributes is important and worth buying.

tech is still important and worth buying. it;s just not AS important. it's more equal now

Edited by idriveavw

THIS SUCKS MAJORLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: If the value of tech is going to be reduced to 25% of its former value, then the cost should go down by 75% as well!!!

Also, whoever suggested this ought to be permanatly ZI'd by everyone in CN!!!

Edited by Tyrone The Tyrant

There is no way for me to build my nation now cause infra still costs too much and I can barley cover bills now...

I say admin just lost a lot of players and money by doing this. You can say the whiners will leave, but real game players as myself feel stabbed in the back.

Am I the only one who likes the new update? Alliance nation strength is now accurately depicted.

No... I for one love it... and I lost 41K NS.

A lot of people see their NS drop and jump up and down and scream without thinking.

The people that lose RANKINGS are the people that are getting screwed... but those people are 1 out of 100... not the 1 out of 2 this thread shows.

Lots of people bawwwing, but not a lot of people thinking.

And Tru: Nothing in the surrender terms prevents me from going to war, just owning tanks/sat's/md's/nukes... but I can still wage war if I want.

Edit to add: and for every one that lost rankings, there was another who gained... so in the end it all evens out.

By next week most people will have forgotten about it... just have to listen to the bawwing for a few more days.

Edited by diskord

There is no way for me to build my nation now cause infra still costs too much and I can barley cover bills now...

I say admin just lost a lot of players and money by doing this. You can say the whiners will leave, but real game players as myself feel stabbed in the back.

You need better resources and another factory. Also less land. Furs? Gold? Coal? Seriously, if you're going to complain about not being able to grow your nation maybe you ought to put the correct effort and thought into it before doing so? You could cut infra costs by 18% just by getting a factory and marble.

Edited by Doitzel

most of the people i'm talking to think it;s a great change. myself included.

NS is just a number. your nations still performs the same

tech is still important and worth buying. it;s just not AS important. it's more equal now

Just imagine though if you had spent your 451 days in this game planning a strategy to reach a certain nation strength. That strategy was perfectly legal and following all the rules and guidelines of the game set forth. Then all of a sudden, boom. Calculations change. A long time of planning has at the very least been thwarted. I definitely feel for those nations, and wonder what other changes might affect long term planning to that degree.

This^. Again.

I won't be donating anymore, that's for sure. I love CN and in the past most of my donations haven't been for the benefits they've been because I felt Admin deserved it for his work, but I feel this as being stabbed in the back. Why would I give money to someone who screwed me?[No dirty jokes here please]

Just imagine though if you had spent your 451 days in this game planning a strategy to reach a certain nation strength. That strategy was perfectly legal and following all the rules and guidelines of the game set forth. Then all of a sudden, boom. Calculations change. A long time of planning has at the very least been thwarted. I definitely feel for those nations, and wonder what other changes might affect long term planning to that degree

Sums up my feelings pretty well.

Edited by Masta

Just imagine though if you had spent your 451 days in this game planning a strategy to reach a certain nation strength. That strategy was perfectly legal and following all the rules and guidelines of the game set forth. Then all of a sudden, boom. Calculations change. A long time of planning has at the very least been thwarted. I definitely feel for those nations, and wonder what other changes might affect long term planning to that degree.

Perhaps you shouldn't join a game that is still in Beta, then?

Personally I think it's a good update simply because of all the moaning and whining. It gives me quite a lot of satisfaction to see people getting so angry over this.

hehe, this is actually fun for me too to see people saying they will quit because their NS went down. :awesome:

/evil laugh

But what is the goal in reaching a NS... it's an arbitrary number and if you goal is just to reach a NS it shows the failure of how you are playing the game, and I would just suggest quitting now.

Your goal should be thought of in terms of RANK not NS... and this didn't change anyone's rank much at all.

THIS SUCKS MAJORLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: If the value of tech is going to be reduced to 25% of its former value, then the cost should go down by 75% as well!!!

Also, whoever suggested this ought to be permanatly ZI'd by everyone in CN!!!

Ah hem:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=6191

Just saying who suggested it.

Edited by JewC Jew

Its a big advantage to people who already own nukes and also the larger nations of the game. I went from top 8 percent to 14th. Now it will take forever to get back near the top 5 percent. Tech has always been a crucial part of the game, regardless of how much it may inflate your nation- it gives a more reasonable chance at growing rapidly. Tech has now significantly dropped in value, where you might be able to sell 50 tech for 1.5 mi, would now only be worth $375,000 on the market. So now the whole chance of growing your nation through tech sale might as well be obsolete. We are now limited to donation sales as one of the only means of making money outside of collecting taxes. This takes away from a huge portion of the game and slows down nation growth in infrastructure and nation strenth. When you slow down a game, it does nothing but restrict nations from using their good economic/sales skills and takes away from the fun of growing at a faster rate then the norm. Dropping the value of tech 3/4 is hideous. Dropping it to a 10 multiplier would still suck, but would be more reasonable to those trying to grow their nation to the top 5 percent. Also my environment took a hit, and thats another factor will affect my chance to grow quickly.

ahhh the man who proposed this idea likes it....how fitting.

Maybe because my trade circle is based off of pop bouns and happiness and now it doesnt matter cause any big nation can muke at will and all of us pay the price...real classy