New change to tech multiplying.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the point of tech if it doesn't help your NS? Why buy it? I realize it has still miltary value, but now tech is very insignificant. I dropped from some 30,000 strength to 22,238.548. And I'm even farther away from getting nukes. This sucks. Admin, you suck.

You answered your own question, genius.

Also, anyone bawwing, new rule:

I lost 41K NS and think this is a good change.

Unless you lost more than that, your right to complain is null and void.

We will call it the "Diskord no bawwwing rule"... and since NS changes have been made, there is a good chance you are in my NS range now... don't think I won't use military force to enfore this new rule.

>:)

But Diskord, I thought your strength was inflated by ludicrous amounts of land, not tech!

Guys, TECH STILL INCREASE STRENGTH. Instead of 20 though, it only increases 5. The values given have been reduced but it still matters to some extent. Tech trading will still exist although the market has taken a dive and perhaps players won't be as eager to engage in the trade. 50 tech still gives 250 strength which is useful.

Every nation has been affected by this change. No one was singled out. I don't see why everyone is complaining. If you don't like tech now, sell it, and invest that money in infrastructure. There will still be buyers for tech.

Edited by Daedalus27

What the hell is the point of the GRL? I wasn't here last time they had it, but it seems so pointless. As for the tech update, I like it. Oh sure, TOOL is back below 2 mil NS, but we're infra-rich, so we'll be mostly fine. And everyone else gets affected too. Hopefully this will make everyone realize that infra is the real NS.

-Bama

Tech is still incredibly expensive, now it's not even worth buying. Sure, infra was the real NS, but tech made up for it by being incredibly expensive. Now there's no balance between tech and infra.

Making something like nukes more unattainable is not attractive to newcomers and to people who've been playing the game for quite some time. It's the only thing that's kept me playing the game, and that's probably the same for other people. I've always looked forward to being able to buy nukes, now my strategy for getting them is ruined because admin changed a big part of the game so quickly. All the money I invested in tech for so long was a waste because admin decided to change the rules. There's no compensation either, can't sell tech.

Edited by Nymraud

Global radiation level makes nuclear warfare less attractive.

Unless you're an asshat or a rogue (same thing, really), in which case knowning that you can damage EVERYONE with your pointless vandalism makes pointless vandalism more attractive to the sociopaths who go rogue.

Unless you're an asshat or a rogue (same thing, really), in which case knowning that you can damage EVERYONE with your pointless vandalism makes pointless vandalism more attractive to the sociopaths who go rogue.

Good point. But I hate people that are just here to ruin the game for everyone else.

This new change is changing CN, maybe forever, who knows. It might be the beginning of a start of a momentum of new changes and improvements to the game.

To conclude,

Hail Admin o/

Or even higher. New nations starting out will have no chance of getting a top spot at this rate.

Idk about that. If anything there will be even more flux in the top nations because of war. Many people have been ZI-ed but far fewer have ever had all their tech taken away from them. Since infra is now more important massive wars where alliances lose thousands of infra will have a far greater impact on the balance of power than they used to. New nations can easily get a top spot if they just sit out the carnage of the next great war and watch those 5K infra nations drop down to 2.5K.

Yeah but don't you wana see High NS's???

I'd rather have an accurate NS than a high one. Give a 6k NS nation 1k tech with the old system and they'd be murdered in a war. The same situation, while still bad for the bloated nation, is much, much less of one.

My only big gripe here, and not necessarily for my own nation, but some people have been developing their nation based under a certain set of guidelines. When given those guidelines and statistics they formulated a plan to grow their nation in the way they see fit. For the last X amount of days they have been building following that plan, under those rules. Today a large portion of those guidelines and statistics have been pulled out from under them, and their planning. Like I said , while I don't care that much, it does make me wonder what else could up and be changed, that has such a large affect on long term planning that has been underway for some time.

My only big gripe here, and not necessarily for my own nation, but some people have been developing their nation based under a certain set of guidelines. When given those guidelines and statistics they formulated a plan to grow their nation in the way they see fit. For the last X amount of days they have been building following that plan, under those rules. Today a large portion of those guidelines and statistics have been pulled out from under them, and their planning. Like I said , while I don't care that much, it does make me wonder what else could up and be changed, that has such a large affect on long term planning that has been underway for some time.

That's exactly what I've been doing.

Looks like all CN will be now is the mundane, collect taxes and buy infra. At least before you could buy tech.

Edited by Nymraud