New change to tech multiplying.

relatively stronger?! have you read any of the posts in the last few pages made by me, diskord, doitzel or any one of the other 10 people trying to make this simple enough for you lot to comprehend?

your strength has not changed AT ALL. just the number that represents your strength WHICH WAS COMPLETELY ARBITRARY TO BEGIN WITH!

Well I am sorry you are having a hard time getting things simple enough for me to comprehend. While you are working on becoming simple for my sake would you also please try to work on becoming less condescending?

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't care what anyone says in this. Nations who spent most their money on tech are right now being royally screwed. IF WE KNEW TECH VALUE WAS GOING TO GO DOWNHILL WE WOULD HAVE BOUGHT INFRA INSTEAD! I might be 2,000,000 places higher if I did but no because of this update I'm screwed back 10,000,000.

Well I am sorry you are having a hard time getting things simple enough for me to comprehend. While you are working on becoming simple for my sake would you also please try to work on becoming less condescending?

my level of condescension directly correlates to the amount of times the same point has to be repeated

And yet if you read the thread... the Gramlins along with most other "high NS nations that understand why this was done" are actually all in FAVOR of this.

Hell, Admin even said that when everyone started complaining he was going to direct them to complain to (DAC)Synyzyg.... and I believe he is the head of Gramlins who pushed for this change :P

:wub: (DAC)Synyzyg :wub:

And these are excellent changes.

I really don't care what anyone says in this. Nations who spent most their money on tech are right now being royally screwed. IF WE KNEW TECH VALUE WAS GOING TO GO DOWNHILL WE WOULD HAVE BOUGHT INFRA INSTEAD! I might be 2,000,000 places higher if I did but no because of this update I'm screwed back 10,000,000.

Well if you don't care what anyone says, your point has been heard and promptly ignored. You can cease whining now.

Of course Gramlins are in favor of it. I consider them one of the smartest alliances in the game.

So even though several gramlin nations lost a lot of NS (they had two of the top three and three of the top 10 in NS I believe) they are not complaining.

Hmmm I wonder why...?

Maybe they can see past an arbitrary NS formula?

Tech was not destroyed. You still possess all the tech you puchased. If you don't like its effects under the new system, then sell it. There is a market mechanism that people have been using to move tech around so become a seller instead of a buyer. Tech still does all the things it did before, the only change is to the nation strength.

For the tech heavy woe is me crowd, I will give you a firm example from my own nation that has 4800 infra and has been in the mid to upper 2k nation rank catagory. Tech still gives far more bang for the buck. 100 infrastructure costs me roughly 7.5 million. That same amount of cash could buy me 250-350 tech depending on the rate I give (usually favorable to my alliance members to help their growth). This means that while 7.5 million in tech gives me at minimum 1250 strength, 7.5 million in infrastructure only gives me 300 strength . The only thing that has changed is the margin of benefit tech has over infrastructure. Tech is STILL (by quite a large margin) the best method to inflate your nation strength should that be your goal in CN.

Edited by Daedalus27

Shouldn't have invested in imaginary numbers.

Stop your whining.

Of course Gramlins are in favor of it. I consider them one of the smartest alliances in the game.

So even though several gramlin nations lost a lot of NS (they had two of the top three and three of the top 10 in NS I believe) they are not complaining.

Hmmm I wonder why...?

Maybe they can see past an arbitrary NS formula?

Tell me about it... I have zero desire to switch out of MK... but the intelligence of some of these Gramlin folks has me duly impressed. They never understood the value of tech raiding (contrary to many arguments made by yours truly) but on all other issues I have to say these guys are top notch.

Stop your whining.

It wasn't imaginary when we were investing in it. It was a feature of the game. If Infra would have been cut by 75% the other half of CN would be upset about it. Its all about where you put your money.

Vlad

Tech was not destroyed. You still possess all the tech you puchased. If you don't like its effects under the new system, then sell it. There is a market mechanism that people have been using to move tech around so become a seller instead of a buyer. Tech still does all the things it did before, the only change is to the nation strength.

For the tech heavy woe is me crowd, I will give you a firm example from my own nation that has 4800 infra and has been in the mid to upper 2k nation rank catagory. Tech still gives far more bang for the buck. 100 infrastructure costs me roughly 7.5 million. That same amount of cash could buy me 250-350 tech depending on the rate I give (usually favorable to my alliance members to help their growth). This means that while 7.5 million in tech gives me at minimum 1250 strength, 7.5 million in infrastructure only gives me 300 strength . The only thing that has changed is the margin of benefit tech has over infrastructure. Tech is STILL (by quite a large margin) the best method to inflate your nation strength should that be your goal in CN.

I am quoting this, because I said this exact same thing 5 pages back but apparently a ton of the "woe is me" crowd missed it, so maybe if we repeat it 1000 times it might start to sink in.

what you so dismissively call whining, is in fact some people trying to come to grips with this action and understand it.

While you pompous 10 throw your higher intellect, which btw you are 18 yrs old and understand nothing in fact, have done nothing but turn the anger towards yourself.

If you are tired of making your point, then stop, your incessant holier than though attitude is just as abrasive as the ones whining without realizing that things have changed and in the end we will deal.

Edited by Hakim

It wasn't imaginary when we were investing in it. It was a feature of the game. If Infra would have been cut by 75% the other half of CN would be upset about it. Its all about where you put your money.

Vlad

Ah you see, it was imaginary. It was entirely imaginary. It didn't actually do anything. It made your arbitrary result of a formula come out a little higher to no further end. Now you're just pissed because it's recognized officially for being what it always was.

what you so dismissively call whining, is in fact some people trying to come to grips with this action and understand it.

While you pompous 10 throw your higher intellect, which btw you are 18 yrs old and understand nothing in fact, have done nothing but turn the anger towards yourself.

If you are tired of making your point, then stop, your incessant holier than though attitude is just as abrasive as the ones whining without realizing that things have changed and in the end we will deal.

I'm almost tempted to ask how old you are, but don't care because those pompous 18 year olds are schooling everyone in the argument.

Edited by deja

You can cease whining now

Who is whining? I'm trying to point out a legite reason for nations who have played this game for a long time and geared their nation to buy tech and now the goal posts have been moved putting back to them in a place they shouldn't be in. The last time I checked I think I have a fair crack at my opinion like anyone else on this forum.

I know this is your baby and you think it's a great idea but a lot of us think it's actually poor... that ok with you?

Vlad

No... NS is still an imaginary number... it means nothing.

Unless you fell out of nuke capable range (a VERY small few)... this change had ZERO affect on your nation... but some of you people are acting like admin just killed your mom or something.

And those defending it so vehemently are doing so for 2 reasons:

1) Educating the masses

2) Trying to prevent admin from rolling back a positive update because the dumb masses didn't initially like it.

Who is whining? I'm trying to point out a legite reason for nations who have played this game for a long time and geared their nation to buy tech and now the goal posts have been moved putting back to them in a place they shouldn't be in. The last time I checked I think I have a fair crack at my opinion like anyone else on this forum.

I know this is your baby and you think it's a great idea but a lot of us think it's actually poor... that ok with you?

No. Mainly because we are right, and you are wrong.

Facts are not relative. And these are the facts.

one of our nations lost upwards of 80k NS. guess what? it doesn't mean a thing!

Exactly.

Stop your whining.

Exactly.

Admin should have just made that the official announcement lol.

I especially love the people who make it seem like set up tech deals is this huge arduous ordeal and that the "work" and "strategy" entitles them to a larger NS, higher rank and longer e-peen.

If your "strategy" was buy a lot of useless stuff to over inflate an arbitrary stat and your "work" was setting up tech deals, I don't feel sorry to see you nerfed (a long time after it should have been done) at all.

actually, i'm 26, have a BA and a master's degree and i teach high school. want to try that again?