New change to tech multiplying.

Yes it was still imaginary then, you just didn't realize. If admin added the a new feature to buy "donuts" and donuts added 1 mil NS to every nation but didn't add anything else then buying that would be investing in an imaginary number. I am sorry that those of you who have spent all your money on "donuts" have seen the usefulness of your useless "donuts" go down but thats what happens when you invest in "donuts" I guess.

If someone needs to "get a grip" because their NS went down, they may have bigger problems than their NS going down.

I guess I count as the pompous 10. Sorry for throwing my higher intellect around, I will try to tone it down a little for you. I realize I have turned some anger towards me but I really don't care if it educates some people and keeps admin from changing things back.

BTW if anyone is truly angry at me, here is my nation: My Nation

Just a little warning, while I am not in a big alliance I do have about 330 million stockpiled so I will surely make your NS even lower.

I am only 12 yr old not 18. Must suck to in your words have a "lower intellect" than a 12 yr old, huh?

OOC: I wish I could be 18 again, one of the best times in my life and several attractive females would once again be legal to me :/

If being abrasive keeps these changes then that is what I will do.

Agreed.

OOC: Sorry for falling behind in the thread but I must be gone, the HEAT game is starting.

You have no idea how tempted i am to total f' over your nation just cause i'm pissed off, but i don't like rash decisions so your in luck.

-Veritas

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people need to think of it this way. If you choose to invest heavily in technology, your army will be equiped with high powered rifles and your nation will have nukes stashed away. If you invest heavily into infrastructure and forget technology (if its worthless to you now), then you can have a several thousand man advantage over the technology guy, but your people are armed with bows and arrows. If that made any sense... if not: :D

Nope. At 300 tech, you're at the pinnacle of achievement technologically.

So I have a huge army of all-out technological badasses.

You have a smaller army of all-out badasses with cooler wristwatches.

I win.

Edited by deja

Well maybe your eyes are getting tired but I never said 100's of millions.

Why would you want to buy all my tech unless you felt I was right? Are you going to buy every other nations tech like me who feels the same? I'm only trying to point out the downside of this new update and point out it isn't fair to a lot of nations who have played this game and bought more tech than infra.

Diskord, myself and maybe some others are offering to allow you to correct your mistake if you feel tech is near worthless. We are offering to buy 50 for 1 million (which is the rate that tech was being sold before this change). We are allowing you to not suffer from the damage you think this update causes. We are making it fair by removing the cost associated with the change and giving you your money back for the tech in question. This isn't because we feel your interpretation is right and ours is wrong but rather that we feel strongly that this change hasn't done anything to CN. We believe in this change and are willing to put our cash on the line. If you want to set up the deal then PM us and we can set something up. If not, then I think that goes to show the point of individuals in this thread who are suggesting that the change to tech amounts to little if any real effect.

You know what i think is hillarious people act like the smart people are the ones who didn't buy tech. Think of tech like it's free because for big nations it's so cheap it practically is, so someone offers you 5000 free tech i said yes but the "smart" people said no because tech is pointless, lmao.

Diskord, myself and maybe some others are offering to allow you to correct your mistake if you feel tech is near worthless. We are offering to buy 50 for 1 million (which is the rate that tech was being sold before this change). We are allowing you to not suffer from the damage you think this update causes. We are making it fair by removing the cost associated with the change and giving you your money back for the tech in question. This isn't because we feel your interpretation is right and ours is wrong but rather that we feel strongly that this change hasn't done anything to CN. We believe in this change and are willing to put our cash on the line. If you want to set up the deal then PM us and we can set something up. If not, then I think that goes to show the point of individuals in this thread who are suggesting that the change to tech amounts to little if any real effect.

and yesterday I could have got 1.5M?

Think of tech like it's free because for big nations it's so cheap it practically is, so someone offers you 5000 free tech i said yes but the "smart" people said no because tech is pointless, lmao.

It ties up two aid slots. That's worth quite a bit.

I'd take tech if it were absolutely free, obviously. But I wouldn't tie up an aid slot and drop 1.5 million on it when it doesn't gain me anything whatsoever other than an increase in the number that determines who can declare war on my ass.

and yesterday I could have got 1.5M?

Who was paying 1.5 million for tech?!?!

Thats insanity (or dumb buyers). 3 million for 150 tech has been the rate I have paid for the last... 9 months+. If you paid more that is not my fault that you were paying high prices.

You know what i think is hillarious people act like the smart people are the ones who didn't buy tech. Think of tech like it's free because for big nations it's so cheap it practically is, so someone offers you 5000 free tech i said yes but the "smart" people said no because tech is pointless, lmao.

They're not insulting you for buying technology, they're defending the changes as they have not changed much in the way of game play. You'll note that the ones most intensely defending the update are the ones who are actually offering to buy the technology off of those who feel they were screwed. Technology still has the same benefits as before, increased happiness, increased nation strength and stronger military.

uh.. what?

The only benefit for anyone in this is for the smaller nations who have very low tech. All it did was hurt the higher end nations with a lot of tech. Seems pretty self explanatory to me....

Oh and hey Thomas20 you might want to tread carefully here as people like Veritas probably have a short fuse and a lot of power to eliminate you from the game. Just a friendly word of advice....

Edited by Regent of Omerta

The only benefit for anyone in this is for the smaller nations who have very low tech. All it did was hurt the higher end nations with a lot of tech. Seems pretty self explanatory to me....

i was actually referring to the whole "technology has to do with intelligence" argument. it made no sense

They're not insulting you for buying technology, they're defending the changes as they have not changed much in the way of game play. You'll note that the ones most intensely defending the update are the ones who are actually offering to buy the technology off of those who feel they were screwed. Technology still has the same benefits as before, increased happiness, increased nation strength and stronger military.

Of course they're offering to buy the tech, tech is still the best way to grow your ns the problem is tech is by far the most time consuming way to grow your ns and I think that since both ways we're are dealing with a meaningless number those who invested more time in their nation should get a higher rank in meaningless numbers.

-Veritas

Edited by Veritas

I am sooo freaking pissed off about this update. I'm a tech heavy nation, my nation strength that was artificlaly inflated is now more realistic and my bills have also been reduced because I'm now closer to the 10% threshold for infras upkeep reduction. Oh holy god I'm pissed.

I have to compete w/ this now!!

Thanks admin!

Lol, I don't know why you are quoting my post from the Gameplay Sales thread but let me explain what I did with the $12m I received today: I made a $20 donation for another nation, and that guy send $12m in return to 4 different nations, and guess what? These 4 nations will provide me with 200 tech in return. (yeah I know I pay too much for 50 tech but who cares)

Today I made $100 donation for 5 other nations including my own nation. Now, I also lost 50k NS.

Since tech is not worth anything anymore too me you can be sure that I will stop donating more than $20 a month since the rest of my donations are now useless. I am sure I was not the only one who made more than 1 donation a month and used the in-game money too buy tech. So this also means the admin will lose RL money because the tech whores like me will stop making donations for other nations.

I am sooo freaking pissed off about this update. I'm a tech heavy nation, my nation strength that was artificlaly inflated is now more realistic and my bills have also been reduced because I'm now closer to the 10% threshold for infras upkeep reduction. Oh holy god I'm pissed.

I'm screenshotting that.

Just so you know.

Edited by deja

Oh and hey Thomas20 you might want to tread carefully here as people like Veritas probably have a short fuse and a lot of power to eliminate you from the game. Just a friendly word of advice....

Hey lets avoid personal attacks please. I've never been a single offensive war and don't get angered easily just the thought of thomas logging into his nation to see it decimated after that post was just hillarious to me. Anyways i've got to go to school be back in a few hours.

-Veritas

I would also like to offer to make charitable donations of $3m to take 150 tech off people's hands. After all, it's useless now, right?

The fact is, tech is (almost) useless once you have 300. It makes a very small difference to infra upkeep, and that's it. The fact it gives any NS at all at that level is an anomaly really. A switch to a logarithmic formula would be the best but this is much better than the old system.

Not all Grämlins like this change though as it does make our 'elite' position less strong (more nations are in range, nice land raiding targets). And [DAC]Syzygy isn't our head, although he is a founder and a well respected Archon.

i love you