New change to tech multiplying.

^^

That.

Although I think I understand what Admin is attempting to do, I'm of the opinion (thanks, adhambek) that the original mistake is the 300 technology limit on military capability. That's what needs to be changed. Tech should increase the effectiveness of your army with NO cap.

Technologically advanced nations should have the ability to completely roll over nations not so technologically advanced if they're within the range of attack.

As someone with ridiculously large amounts of tech and a propensity for warfare you won't hear any argument from me... but since that isn't gonna happen this is the next best thing.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the original mistake is the 300 technology limit on military capability. That's what needs to be changed. Tech should increase the effectiveness of your army with NO cap.

Technologically advanced nations should have the ability to completely roll over nations not so technologically advanced if they're within the range of attack.

Agree 100%

^^

That.

Although I think I understand what Admin is attempting to do, I'm of the opinion (thanks, adhambek) that the original mistake is the 300 technology limit on military capability. That's what needs to be changed. Tech should increase the effectiveness of your army with NO cap.

I agree. To think that a huge tech advantage would not give a huge military advantage is absurd. So it is not trading tanks for cross bows, but it is like saying M1A3 tanks are the same as M4 Shermans. Here is a thought. If you don't want tech used this way then give options to buy different level tanks like or train higher level soldiers like is already being done for aircraft. Hmmm?

This change is one which I find rather disturbing. It will alter the way we have to play the game, for sure. It is rather irritating that is has apparently nerfed the tech-heavy alliances such as ours, but I can live with that. It's just that infra is so expensive and becomes a burden after a certain level is reached, where it will take months, if not years, for it to pay for itself.

Ohh I like that ranked tanks and troops...that adds alot of new dimensions to the game...I also like the no cap on tech it doesn't make sense at all eventually tech becomes obsolete and you get no development? If your going for realistic you bring back global radiation, make more tank troops options and take caps off of tech. Thats the only real thing that makes logical sense. If you did that you could reduce how tech boosts your NS as it would still have value. Now whats the point after 300? It just kills the game once you get to the top.

and yes it changes gameplay...as now tech raiding has lost almost all value...and it makes nukes a less reasonable option.

Edited by The Corrupt Teacher

Ohh I like that ranked tanks and troops...that adds alot of new dimensions to the game...I also like the no cap on tech it doesn't make sense at all eventually tech becomes obsolete and you get no development? If your going for realistic you bring back global radiation, make more tank troops options and take caps off of tech. Thats the only real thing that makes logical sense. If you did that you could reduce how tech boosts your NS as it would still have value. Now whats the point after 300? It just kills the game once you get to the top.

and yes it changes gameplay...as now tech raiding has lost almost all value...and it makes nukes a less reasonable option.

I am glad you like the idea... lets start a petition.

What was the point after 300 before?

You're right that something needs to be done with it. But right now tech still does what it always did: artificially inflate your NS. It still does inflate your NS y'know, just not as much as it used to.

Now should Tech have some other use? Yes. Does this change highlight that fact? Yep. Does that make the change responsible for tech's uselessness? Nope.

What was the point after 300 before?

It was used so that other nations with more tech wouldn't maul through your nation as if you were styrofoam. It serves to increase your ratios and such with the amount of soldier kills you do:

Battle outcomes are still randomly generated but the outcome of battle is now affected by your technology level. Having a higher technology level allows you to equip your soldiers with better weapons and get more kills. The effect works for both attacking and defending nations. Here's the current equation: Normal Number of Kills * (Technology Purchased * 10%This means that if you have a technology level of 5 and in a regular battle you would normally get 100 kills you would actually get 50 more kills as a result of your technology level. (100*(5*.10) = 50)

I think I agree with the many people out there that it's just a strength decrease, nothing more. As soon as every nation is looked at, the percentiles and such will be back to normal +/- 1% or so... Infra is vital and it's your fault if you don't have enough of it.

I have a 1:5 ratio of tech to infra as of now, and I'm glad that I won't be buying tech anymore... Infra is first priority right now for me and should be for everyone else out there.

Aye

>_>

It's a good idea but somewhat irrelevant to the OP.

I don't see it as irrelevant. Tech should make a large difference in war. That is realistic. If for their reasons Admin diminishes the value of tech in this aspect then it is reasonable to allow for other means to continue to upgrade and develop tanks and soldiers as is already provided for regarding the air force.

Here is the problem with the unlimited tech effects on Military. All that tech from the CN equivelent of Bukino Faso, Rwanda, and Mongolia really wouldn't improve your military all that much. Nations don't create tech through their own innovation as the Admin intended, they buy it from the cheapest source (the most technologically backwards). If advanced nations were required to buy tech at the default prices from themselves, I could see tech having more of an influence on military effectiveness since an advanced nation becoming more advanced should have improved performance. However since everyone buys more slingshot and spear technology, it doesn't have much relevance to advanced missiles and tanks.