New change to tech multiplying.

I am roughly a 3,400 Infra, and I am in the same range as a 9,000 infra.

Does nobody see a problem with that?!

Yes this si the exact problem that I noted somewhere back on page 6.

This change for better or worse should have had something else to prevent the now very narrow band of nations. Just to see if I could, I found that there are at least 5 nations in one alliance which I could take on simultaneously now, that this morning would have been below my strength range even if I had dismissed my entire military!!!!

That is insane. It also means that somewhere above me is a nation that can attack me, which I could not beat with 5 of my nations. At this rate why didn't they just remove the -50% +200% restrictions entirely.

Sure the larger nations may not quite have it in the same degree, but those of us who had not reached the 300 tech limit are seeing that we are in range of people who are quadruple our 1/4 our size.

I think this day should be forever known as the Great Techastrophy!

Let it be written, let it be so...... :popcorn:

Edited by SyndicatedINC

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasnt that been listed as an option for every GW? even the Unjust War... ?

I wonder if any war generated as much NS loss in a single update as this has?

I lost 20% so lets low ball it and say all 31000 nations lost lets say 5%. That is epic

Edited by Will Y Wonka

You have no idea how tempted i am to total f' over your nation just cause i'm pissed off, but i don't like rash decisions so your in luck.

-Veritas

Hey lets avoid personal attacks please. I've never been a single offensive war and don't get angered easily just the thought of thomas logging into his nation to see it decimated after that post was just hillarious to me. Anyways i've got to go to school be back in a few hours.

-Veritas

Just curious how you planned on f'ing over my nation. I could buy up to more citizens than you (and therefore support more troops and tanks than you), probably make more money than you, have more cash on hand than you, have more taxes days on back collection than you and have more nukes than you. Plus I am here at update so you cant even blitz me.

Your only advantage is your huge tech advantage, but we all know how helpful that would be :)

Either way I don't want to fight anyone, I just suggested it to whoever it was that mentioned people getting angry at us.

You would lose as much if not more than me (assuming a 1 vs 1 battle) so I don't consider myself the lucky one.

You know what i think is hillarious people act like the smart people are the ones who didn't buy tech. Think of tech like it's free because for big nations it's so cheap it practically is, so someone offers you 5000 free tech i said yes but the "smart" people said no because tech is pointless, lmao.

Yes 3 mil is very little (somewhere between 10 and 15 infra) but it also used up aid slots. Instead of taking that "free" tech I used the slots to aid others. I rarely have aid slots open so I wouldn't be able to tech deal anyway. So yeah the "smart" people aided others and you bought brownie points. Now your brownie points are worth less (when in fact they should be worthless)

Oh and hey Thomas20 you might want to tread carefully here as people like Veritas probably have a short fuse and a lot of power to eliminate you from the game. Just a friendly word of advice....

I disagree with both parts, that veritas has a short fuse and has the power to eliminate me from the game. Its nothing against him, it would just be very hard for any large nation to totally and completely destroy another large nation. We would both just take a lot of damage.

I am sooo freaking pissed off about this update. I'm a tech heavy nation, my nation strength that was artificlaly inflated is now more realistic and my bills have also been reduced because I'm now closer to the 10% threshold for infras upkeep reduction. Oh holy god I'm pissed.

LOL. Admin just wondering why you didn't implement this sooner? Just curious, why now?

I also find it funny that people are upset loosing 2K NS when mine was more than cut in half. I dropped from 160K+ NS down to 79K. I'm not saying that the 2K drop isn't huge to a nation of 8K total NS, but I dropped over 80K NS.

Excuse me while I go change my underwear...

I knew this would affect you a lot but not that much. You actually have something to complain about I guess...

Same for the large since all tech trades made previously and in the future are no longer worthwhile. Collect taxes, pay bills, buy infra...I can hardly stand the anticipation!

Was doing tech deals that exciting for you? I'm sure admin can wip up a TECHDEALZ game just for you. Complete with an arbitrary number that keeps going up...

I think this day should be forever known as the Great Techastrophy!

The tech bubble has popped on planet bob :)

So basically people still aren't understanding that before, a higher nation strength did not actually reflect how strong or powerful your nation is.

Your nation is the same damned nation today as it was yesterday. Nothing has change. Your nation has not been harmed by the tech change. The nation strength number is now just more realistic and accurate.

I can't believe some of you are embarrassing yourselves like this by clinging to this "OH MY GOD YOU KILLED MY NATION".

Good god.

-----

For the first time since I've been involved with the game I see a change that is EXACTLY the one that should have been made. The tech modifier was not a realistic measure of the benefit of technology; it artificially increased NS in a manner that actually hurt nations in the long run (because they looked stronger than they actually were). The change hurts nations only on paper; frankly, the infra-heavy nations were always "superior" to begin with, in real-strength terms. Anyone playing this game for any length of time should by now have figured out that Infra is the lightning to technology's thunder (the thunder makes the noise but the lightning does the work). The only people this really hurts (and that's only in the short-term) are technology dealers (I know a little something about that since tech dealing is the entire principle behind the Alliance that I founded) and tech buyers who are in the middle of a deal. Still, I'm ELATED by this change. People will still buy tech. People will still need tech. Tech will still have a great benefit for nations. It just won't have the out-of-whack value that it had before.

This was a good move.

-----

While I do not fully support this change due to the severity of it, I do think the idea of deflating tech's impact on NS was a good move. To anyone who still thinks their tech is worthless now, feel free to message me in-game about me possibly buying some of that "worthless" tech. I'll need a few days for aid slots to open up because I just bought 200 tech before these changes happened, but I will pay a fair price. Wanna know why I am so eager to buy more tech even though its worth has gone down so much in your eyes... Because it still has a lot of worth. My NS will still go up 250 for every 50 tech you sell me, my bills will continue to go down until I reach the 10% threshold, my spies will be even more effective than they already were.

I lost 14k NS because of this change. And while that cost me a couple of ranks I am still in nuke range and quite securely too. I will just switch my focus to buying infra, finding donation deals, and buying wonders. Not as big a deal as some are making it out to be.

Oh, and

I am sooo freaking pissed off about this update. I'm a tech heavy nation, my nation strength that was artificlaly inflated is now more realistic and my bills have also been reduced because I'm now closer to the 10% threshold for infras upkeep reduction. Oh holy god I'm pissed.

sigged!

For the monsterous nations that are over 5,000 infra, its obviously not as big of a deal to them. They have grown and now they have the option to attack people who are only 2,000 infra. Pretty stunning that someone who can hold 100,000 soldiers can attack someone who maxes out at 10,0000 soldiers. Also they are at the point where they will remain in the top 5 percent for a very long time. They are also collecting millions a day. Starting out as a new nation already takes forever without assistance from friends. Now its just going to be rediculous trying to start from scratch. The gap between the veterans in the noobs has grown substantially with this change. And since the change completely killed the market value of tech, that gap will remain and only continue to grow unless there is a price change to go along with it.

Actually this is all going to be less of a problem with this change...

Before somone who maxxed out at 100 soldiers could in theory be attacked by a nation that maxxes at 100 000 if the former nation had super high tech. Now with less effect from tech, nations in each others range will have closer infra levels and therefore closer soldier levels...

the tech change from 20 to 5 (which is a hugh drop i think) is very unexpected.

but now tech is even more worthless then it was before, in the real world tech is what sets the global powers apart from the rest. the rest having only one thing in mind which is gaining more tech and playing "catch up" in the hopes of getting a edge on the powerhouses of the world.

I think that tech should play a larger role then what it does, and i see this as a step backwards not forward in the schema of improving game play.

BUT it does do one thing which is shakes things up a little, which i guess is also needed.

Here the problem like i keep repeating NS is a joke in fact it's more a joke now than it was before so why don't you let us have some fun and play with our joke rather totaly screwing those of us who played for ranks over.

If its such a joke why does it matter?

At least now NS will be representative of actual strength. The ratings people have dropped is only paper-ratings. In reality, all those people now above them we're always stronger, just not as tech-inflated...

Actually this is all going to be less of a problem with this change...

Before somone who maxxed out at 100 soldiers could in theory be attacked by a nation that maxxes at 100 000 if the former nation had super high tech. Now with less effect from tech, nations in each others range will have closer infra levels and therefore closer soldier levels...

Not true, at least not in all realms. I personally dropped not that much, however the number of nations above me who are in my strength range to attack me increased by over 35%!!!! Now their actual military strength did not decrease, just this phantom NS.

To give an example:

a 1000 NS nation that has little to no tech on Oct 31 could fight between 500 NS and 2000 NS. On Nov 1 it can now be attacked by nations that were at 3000 NS the day before. Where as on Oct 31 a 1000 NS nation was roughly half a match for a 2000 NS nation, on Nov1 now a 2000 NS is worth nearly 4 times a 1000 NS nation.

Balance at the lower levels has gone out the window.