New change to tech multiplying.

I am sooo freaking pissed off about this update. I'm a tech heavy nation, my nation strength that was artificlaly inflated is now more realistic and my bills have also been reduced because I'm now closer to the 10% threshold for infras upkeep reduction. Oh holy god I'm pissed.

Personally I'll be quitting the game over this travesty.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since mr. admin is posting in the thread, the least you can do to compensate the tech heavy nations is by adding a "sell tech" option in-game. That way, we could get a small part of our money back and invest it in infra instead. :popcorn:

Well, since mr. admin is posting in the thread, the least you can do to compensate the tech heavy nations is by adding a "sell tech" option in-game. That way, we could get a small part of our money back and invest it in infra instead. :popcorn:

Small amount? NO! I believe it should be sold back at at cost. Why should I have to take a loss?

The Global Radiation makes sense but the tech ratings don't make sense at all its too drastic of a drop...maybe dropping it from 20 to 15 might have been reasonable and achieved the same thing...now you've just got a bunch of angry people leaving a game that has of late stagnated in new members...This wasn't the smartest move ever. In my alliance some guys are talking about quiting as some have dropped as much as 11k NS... Personally I'm not to happy either...this also makes tech raiding useless and that was one thing that kept the game interesting for some people...all you can do now is log on and buy infra log off...boring...Yeah I'm skeptical about this. <_<

If Admin's only rationale here is that reducing technology bonuses leads to lower bills (by the infra / NS ratio) then the correct course of action IMO is to alter the bill formula.

This has not made tech raiding useless... on the contrary it has put far more targets into our range.... Likewise this has not made tech useless, only a silly expense.

This change has taken a few things out of the game:

A) Small-member-count elite alliances no longer have an edge.

B) Low-Infra High-Tech warriors no longer work.

Admin, the reduction in bills from the infra / NS ratio is miniscule compared to the reduction in NS (and thus military protection from smaller rogues).

If you intend to keep the system as you have altered it, it's important to change the rules regarding declaration sizes.

Let's also not ignore this simple fact: Tech-heavy nations are a product of a lack of late-game consumables.

As it now stands, having 4999.99 infra and 300 tech is endgame... just buy wonders every 30 days until you run out.

Edited by Matthew PK

Where do I trade in my tanks and air force for long swords and cross bows?

No, you're missing the point.

You have tanks and airplanes, but you can never advance them anymore.

Just get 300 tech and buy infra. Your are permanently done with advancing your miltary.

Small amount? NO! I believe it should be sold back at at cost. Why should I have to take a loss?

Oh yeah... no possible abuses there...

/me rolls eyes.

Let me buy 50 tech for 1.5 million, and then sell the 50 tech in my nation for a $42 million dollar proffit... hrm... yeah that won't be abused.

...maybe dropping it from 20 to 15 might have been reasonable and achieved the same thing...

^^

That.

Although I think I understand what Admin is attempting to do, I'm of the opinion (thanks, adhambek) that the original mistake is the 300 technology limit on military capability. That's what needs to be changed. Tech should increase the effectiveness of your army with NO cap.

Technologically advanced nations should have the ability to completely roll over nations not so technologically advanced if they're within the range of attack.

So if I understand the system correctly, I have 5,860 tech and 9,250 infra for a NS of 79K and if I'm attacked by a nation at the bottom of my range with 1,040 tech and 6,200 infra, his military will perform as well as mine because we're both over 300 tech. My only advantage is in spy operations...

Edited by Enrique Barrentos