New change to tech multiplying.

Sorry, but he Navy aspect has been beat to death and Admin canned that idea like 15 months ago.

I also find it funny that people are upset loosing 2K NS when mine was more than cut in half. I dropped from 160K+ NS down to 79K. I'm not saying that the 2K drop isn't huge to a nation of 8K total NS, but I dropped over 80K NS.

Excuse me while I go change my underwear...

Edited by Enrique Barrentos

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The spears and slingshots arguments do not really hold water here. This is supposed to be a nation simulation game. Tech is not your level of technological advancement (which for all intents and purposes is the same world wide) but rather more a measure of your technological edge and availability. A third world country in RL still has access to computers, just far fewer of them per capita. As ever increasing amounts of money are funneled into the technology business the availability of these items increases.

This is exactly how infra is displayed in the game. All nations in RL have roads, but truly developed nations have better planned and constructed roads, operating more efficiently and covering a higher percentage of the usable space.

As such the view that buying tech from a third world country should be useless to a first world country is not valid. As the most technologically advanced countries outsource their technological manufacturing.

To this end I agree that tanks, troops etc should have levels such as planes. However there should be no cap to the levels and the raw tech value should have no effect on performance, only serving as a pre-requisite to purchasing the more advanced level units. Say every 100 levels of tech is another higher level of aircraft. This allows admin to keep caps on the numbers of planes without capping the ultimate effectiveness they can reach.

If players concerns are that unlimited tech advancement affecting military would create imbalance this solves it. As the advanced nation can buy the tech cheap, but must still pay ever increasing prices for the actual units themselves.

well a navy would add a recruiting value in 1. only nations on the water with their land sphere encompassing water could have a navy. Their realm or territorial waters would also give them a strength adavantage in a naval battle. Just an idea...I wasnt here 15 months ago. Some ideas need fresh thought.

As far as soldiers...each soldier type could do certain things and have a certain value in a fight..You wouldnt send all snipers into a frontal assault ..ridiculous...you could buy medics as well to add a value to the effectiveness of your fighting force. build a full army instead of soldiers. maybe enable minefields and encorporate engineers to cross them..I think there are a lot of variables that can come into play here.

As far as personal attacks...I am not personally attacking anyone in here. I am merely trying to defend those who have been personally attacked by diskord..Calling someone stupid is a personl attack

poor diskord he thinks on a level far superior to us mere mortals...

hmmm wonders why he cant get enough aqua seats to retain a seat...maybe it is because you try to squash anyone who doesnt think like you...ohh well...keep the fight going I am starting to enjoy it...

I also would like more options for the military aspects

1. A Navy

2. Various tanks and soldiers ( in line with aircraft)

3. No CAP on tech

4. And more posts on this thread

First of all, I held the aqua seat for as long as I ran. Out of curtesouy to your alliance along with several other Aqua alliances I stopped running. Perhaps I should run again?

2nd of all, if you would bother to go over to the suggestion forum, you would see that:

1. A navy has been in discussion for 15 months and repeatedly smited down by admin for lack of decent implementation, if you can come up with one offer it up over in the suggestion forum...

2. Improved combat units that are tech dependent has also been suggested many times, most people agree that different unit types are not needed (once you are high NS you won't bother with anything but the best) but instead you need to have some sort of tech modifier beyond 300.

3. There is no CAP on tech, you can own as much of it as you want. If you are talking about the 300 tech cap on military outcomes, I agree and have argued with many that tech beyond 300 should improve your ability to a. do more damage b. increase casualty counts c. increase battle odds. Perhaps you have the perfect formula that admin will fall in love with, again, suggestion board would be a great place to put it and we everyone can review/endorse it.

4. Okay.

Here is the problem with the unlimited tech effects on Military. All that tech from the CN equivelent of Bukino Faso, Rwanda, and Mongolia really wouldn't improve your military all that much. Nations don't create tech through their own innovation as the Admin intended, they buy it from the cheapest source (the most technologically backwards). If advanced nations were required to buy tech at the default prices from themselves, I could see tech having more of an influence on military effectiveness since an advanced nation becoming more advanced should have improved performance. However since everyone buys more slingshot and spear technology, it doesn't have much relevance to advanced missiles and tanks.

If I go into Rwanda and steal there only super computer or radar installation it allows me to free up more money to getting more improvements instead of building my current tech. :jihad:

As far as a suggestion for the navy I will come up with a plan and submit it..thanks.

I think the added soldiers abilities bought based on tech levels and added value to your entire fighting force could work. I could also come up with a plan and submit that as well

I thought this change was far too drastic with the tech change, it totally screwed me over which apparently means I'm tech heavy. I don't think anyone thinks much of GRL, whoops, looks like I have uranium for life, bummer, eh?

I don't really think much of the changes, shafted a lot of people over on their NS. Most importantly, how in the world are you supposed to competitively play a game that involves any sort of strategy if the rules of the game are subject to unexpected and substantial changes?

Most changes made = :awesome:

Changes today = :blink:

I thought this change was far too drastic with the tech change, it totally screwed me over which apparently means I'm tech heavy. I don't think anyone thinks much of GRL, whoops, looks like I have uranium for life, bummer, eh?

I don't really think much of the changes, shafted a lot of people over on their NS. Most importantly, how in the world are you supposed to competitively play a game that involves any sort of strategy if the rules of the game are subject to unexpected and substantial changes?

Most changes made = :awesome:

Changes today = :blink:

Bravo... I so agree... I think

As far as people complaining about long term planning being undone. You benefited from your strategy for 100, 200, 300, etc., days. A strategy doesn't always work for all time. Things change, the game updates and revalues things. New improvements, techniques and formulas are added in. You benefited for a time from what you were doing by hording tech and the corresponding strength benefit. However, that strategy is less effective and now you must come up with a new method to achieve whatever goal you have. Instead of complaining, think of it as a challenge as we have always had to overcome when items were added or modified in the game.

If there was a magic formula that you could always do forever, wouldn't the game get rather boring? Where is the challenge in doing the same thing every day?

You know what? I've been playing this game for over 500 days. I have yet to attain nukes. Anyone who plays this game for as long as I do, you have to be pretty devoted. Obviously I have no problem with a little "challenge." But this isn't a challenge. This isn't about difficulty. This is about time. Lots, and lots, of time. People who invested their money in tech over infra, are screwed, and people who invested in infra are fine. I could care less about my strength, but my rank has dropped significantly and many people are in the same boat. The reason people are "whining" is because they spent a lot of time that has now gone to waste.

Now the smaller growing nations only have the option of donations, and tax collection to look forward to.

Same for the large since all tech trades made previously and in the future are no longer worthwhile. Collect taxes, pay bills, buy infra...I can hardly stand the anticipation!

You know what? I've been playing this game for over 500 days. I have yet to attain nukes. Anyone who plays this game for as long as I do, you have to be pretty devoted. Obviously I have no problem with a little "challenge." But this isn't a challenge. This isn't about difficulty. This is about time. Lots, and lots, of time. People who invested their money in tech over infra, are screwed, and people who invested in infra are fine. I could care less about my strength, but my rank has dropped significantly and many people are in the same boat. The reason people are "whining" is because they spent a lot of time that has now gone to waste.

I have been playing this game for 38 days and had worked my way up to 10.5K NS in that time. No it was not record breaking but it was work, time and effort. If you are here for 38 Days or 500 days this still sucks. A 20% loss from where I was to where I am is discouraging.

Bingo. Well said. Guess I didn't read the future when I bought tech.

I support this change.

Ive lost over 46K NS, and though the short term looks bleak, I think this is an excellent change. Larger nations now have something to spend their money on and It'll support the idea of actually buying infrastructure again.

Also, infrastructure= money... and this makes the game more realistic because in the real world money=power.