New change to tech multiplying.

I support this change.

Ive lost over 46K NS, and though the short term looks bleak, I think this is an excellent change. Larger nations now have something to spend their money on and It'll support the idea of actually buying infrastructure again.

Also, infrastructure= money... and this makes the game more realistic because in the real world money=power.

Power = Power

Power uses money to make more Power

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support this change.

Ive lost over 46K NS, and though the short term looks bleak, I think this is an excellent change. Larger nations now have something to spend their money on and It'll support the idea of actually buying infrastructure again.

Also, infrastructure= money... and this makes the game more realistic because in the real world money=power.

You didn't lose massively in the rankings, you're number 25. I dropped about 800 nations in the rankings. It's easy to be indifferent when you didn't get dropped like many people did. The people at your level are pretty equally tech heavy.

Edited by Solunsford

It was really fun waiting 125 days to get nukes. A few days after i could finally buy them the admins curb stomp my nation. Now it will take me another 125 days to get them back. Wow if i knew tech was going to be worthless in a few months i would not have spent all my money on it trying to get nukes.

I think in real life this is call a recession.

If my opinion is unclear i think this was a bad move on the admins part.

Just for the record, after looking at your nation you realize that if you purchased 12 airplanes... you would be back in nuke range right?

12 level 9 planes that is.

Edited by diskord

For the monsterous nations that are over 5,000 infra, its obviously not as big of a deal to them. They have grown and now they have the option to attack people who are only 2,000 infra. Pretty stunning that someone who can hold 100,000 soldiers can attack someone who maxes out at 10,0000 soldiers. Also they are at the point where they will remain in the top 5 percent for a very long time. They are also collecting millions a day. Starting out as a new nation already takes forever without assistance from friends. Now its just going to be rediculous trying to start from scratch. The gap between the veterans in the noobs has grown substantially with this change. And since the change completely killed the market value of tech, that gap will remain and only continue to grow unless there is a price change to go along with it.

Edited by thewho

For the monsterous nations that are over 5,000 infra, its obviously not as big of a deal to them. They have grown and now they have the option to attack people who are only 2,000 infra. Pretty stunning that someone who can hold 100,000 soldiers can attack someone who maxes out at 10,0000 soldiers. Also they are at the point where they will remain in the top 5 percent for a very long time. They are also collecting millions a day. Starting out as a new nation already takes forever without assistance from friends. Now its just going to be rediculous trying to start from scratch. The gap between the veterans in the noobs has grown substantially with this change. And since the change completely killed the value of tech, that gap will remain and only continue to grow.

Two words...............curb stomp.

Really, then why did my rank dropped a full percentage point?

OMG! not a whole percentage point!

mine dropped more than 2% points. then ten minutes later i was back up a full percent. you need to wait until everyone has updated.

also, gaining in the rankings shouldn't be as difficult now, as you don't have people buying loads of tech overnight to artificially inflate their NS just to become nuke capable

This is why the change is f'ed up yesterday i was 40k ns higher than this kid now i'm lower than him. Check out our nations which one do you think should be ranked higher http://cybernations.net/nation_drill_displ...Nation_ID=53783

or

http://cybernations.net/nation_drill_displ...Nation_ID=10697

Also, anyone bawwing, new rule:

I lost 41K NS and think this is a good change.

Unless you lost more than that, your right to complain is null and void.

We will call it the "Diskord no bawwwing rule"... and since NS changes have been made, there is a good chance you are in my NS range now... don't think I won't use military force to enfore this new rule.

>:)

Hey, I lost about 50K NS and I am not complaining either. Mind you I am in the GPA, so I won't use military force in relation to this. But if Diskord wants to raise his bar, I will be neutral on that :popcorn:

Seriously tech was overstated in its effect on NS. Which meant mis-matches in eligible targets in war.

The 5% level (for nukes) is now about 27K NS - this is much easier to reach in many ways than the old (high tech) target, even though tech component is less valuable.

There are some interesting political aspects to these changes. Including whether the FTLOGTOTC anti-nuke treaty will make a resurgence.

The problem with this update is by lowering the value of tech it raises the effect of military i can raise my ns by 10k any instant i feel like it when i have 140k ns that wasn't that big a deal but now that i only have 60k that's a large percentage. Look up and see the 2 nations i posted i have 1.2k more inf and 2k more tech yet his ns is higher but ns is supposed to be more accurate now!?!?!?

Bingo! that's my point exactly.

Just for fun i calculated how many tanks i could buy right now if there was no limit it's 1,234,700 but he has more tanks than me so he should be ranked higher xD.

Edited by Veritas

This is why the change is f'ed up yesterday i was 40k ns higher than this kid now i'm lower than him. Check out our nations which one do you think should be ranked higher http://cybernations.net/nation_drill_displ...Nation_ID=53783

or

http://cybernations.net/nation_drill_displ...Nation_ID=10697

Any time you want to bother to pass him in NS, you could. His NS is pumped up by a military which is costing him lots of cash. Match the military and you would be far ahead. Alternatively keep growing your nation and slowly go past him anyway.

The problem with this update is by lowering the value of tech it raises the effect of military i can raise my ns by 10k any instant i feel like it when i have 140k ns that wasn't that big a deal but now that i only have 60k that's a large percentage. Look up and see the 2 nations i posted i have 1.2k more inf and 2k more tech yet his ns is higher but ns is supposed to be more accurate now!?!?!?

The tanks and soldiers you have should be worth what they are, they certainly influence wars more than tech does.

No they don't because i like i said i could buy 1.2million tanks this minute if there was no limit. The amount of military you have on hand means nothing as long as you can't get anarchied before you log in.

-Veritas

P.S. Anyway gtg be on in a few hours.