This Week in iFOK

It was said in yesterday's irc conversation that when one purchases a home in a neighborhood, one doesn't set out to know the neighbors before one moves in. Which in some ways is the truth. A person however, if they are responsible, does research on potential neighborhoods, gets to know the environment and what the neighborhood has to offer. One poster in this thread said they liked MASH a little, disliked Valhalla a little and didn't know anything about anyone else.

In actuality your situation is not really equivalent to buying a house in a neighborhood. You're bringing in a pre-established community. If you're building a factory or starting a daycare or even a church that will be impacting a neighborhood in any way in real life, you DO go to the residents. You introduce yourselves. You tell them what your plans are. And you try to get them on board so they don't try to block your venture.

The bickering is silly. Come to purple. Work with us. Or not. Trade with us. Or not. Purple's not going to try to block your move. Purple is a welcoming community. We are proud of the community that has been built--community that includes purple alliances and nations who are not part of Peace, Poseidon or Pegasus, too. We'd like you to be part of that community as well. But if you choose instead to be your own gated community unto yourselves, that's not going to weaken or diminish the community we work for here.

If you'd like to hear more about the community you're considering, stop by #cnolympus. Any of the Titans would be glad to tell you about our experiences since making the move.

I very much agree with everything that qh has stated. I am sure that there is a legitimate solution to all of this that will still honor your sovereignty, tie you closer to the inhabitants of purple and still give you what you want..a stable sphere with decent trades. In the conversations I have read, the senate seat isn't an issue to those whom are looking to move. While the actions of coming to a stable sphere and disrupting the agreements in place by the inhabitants there is not the best way to ensure a cohesive relationship, I am sure purple unity will pull together and ensure the agreed senate rotation is the best way. Olympus as a whole, to my knowledge hasn't even been approached to speak with us on how we feel about Purple Unity. I know of conversations with BAPS, Valhalla, Legion and Invicta. Why not approach the likes of Hydra, PoF, Vires Noctu, and Olympus...we are more your size and can tell you hands down, we don't feel slighted, we have been welcomed and helped by EVERY purple alliance since our move to purple.

If thats not what you want and want to come in forging your own path...I am really sorry to hear that. I wish you luck with that, because it will be a drama filled, organizational mess, with few friends on your color sphere. Olympus will respect that sovereign decision providing you respect ours.. Looking at your numbers currently on your spheres of operation though...I wish you luck with trying to obtain a senate seat. If you do achieve such, it will be an accomplishment, I only ask that whomever you do get in respects the other purple alliances and doesn't abuse the authority...and please if any of our elected senators does it to you let me know.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best not talk like that or slayer might come back hearing there is a WS around :P

:lol1: at the alliance and position of the person who said that.

Stickmen has a total of 218 members. That is 436 votes per month, I am pretty sure with that we can take a seat.

Or are you talking about political and military support? Because again, we still have more than you. Not that we would use it first.

Okay, this is the equivalent of saying, "We're coming in here and you're going to like it or our friends will roll you. And don't give us trouble or our friends will roll you. Remember, our friends can roll you."

When Zenith moved to White, we made sure to introduce ourselves to all of the major alliances and signed SNOW. Our goal was to integrate into the existing sphere, not tear it up, and it worked pretty well. We are close with several White alliances and on good terms with most of the others.

I would hope that Stickmen would take the time to get to know the new neighbors before moving over to avoid any needless drama. If you're going to be on the same sphere, it makes sense to be on speaking terms.

Edited by Duncan King

It's been an interesting read but still, I'd like to ask something now;

As any further comments is just feeding the moron, if we let it die everything is going to be happy. So, I'd hope if you just stopped commenting on stuff here and took it to private channels. This abomination doesn't need to live.

Also, I'd like to thank all the purple leaders I talked with yesterday on IRC. I truly hope we were able to clarify our intentions well and that there's no reasons to start any feuds over mere misunderstandings. Verily, I look forward to working for better purple with you guys if we ever are to move.

Luv,

Iosif Moldov

[/thread]

Okay, this is the equivalent of saying, "We're coming in here and you're going to like it or our friends will roll you. And don't give us trouble or our friends will roll you. Remember, our friends can roll you."

When Zenith moved to White, we made sure to introduce ourselves to all of the major alliances and signed SNOW. Our goal was to integrate into the existing sphere, not tear it up, and it worked pretty well. We are close with several White alliances and on good terms with most of the others.

I would hope that Stickmen would take the time to get to know the new neighbors before moving over to avoid any needless drama. If you're going to be on the same sphere, it makes sense to be on speaking terms.

Your comprehension skills are lacking. I do not see where I stated that if Poseidon or PEACE didn't like us joining we would "roll" them. What I said was if they didn't like us joining and got all agressive and attacked us we could beat them. I was not threatening or saying they must like us.

Edited by Shovel

Your comprehension skills are lacking. I do not see where I stated that if Poseidon or PEACE didn't like us joining we would "roll" them. What I said was if they didn't like us joining and got all agressive and attacked us we could beat them. I was not threatening or saying they must like us.

There wouldn't be much of Purple left to make a home in which would defeat the purpose of moving there.

I invite you to come over to the Legion forums and see for yourself before you judge our activity level :)

Ditto for Invicta.

Like many have said. We don't want trouble. We wanna sell our tech, do our trades, etc, etc.

Weather or not Stickmen/iFok want a part of that, well, it's their own prerogative...

It seems that nobody wants trouble, so why keep this topic active? TS made a fool of herself by the way she presented a few posts which can be found at any alliance's forum really. Why give her satisfaction? I say everyone quits and we'll wait and see what the Stickmen are going to do. Any move they make will probably be discussed with alliances affected by said move.

Personally, I would like the stickmen bloc to Purple. Adding more nations to the sphere would be great because I've had one too many trades cancel on me this year. I'm fairly sure they'll like most of the alliances on Purple once they get to know us. We're a pretty friendly group of people :P

Ah, if only you were here for the old days, back when wars were fought in this sphere over senate. Somehow I think you'd have a different opinion.

When there was actually a "race" for senate, the average low number of votes for the 3rd senator was around 450-550

Yesterday is alot different than today.

In some ways, not all.

Actually, less than you'd think. There are a lot of oldtimers in Purple. Like me :)

But we'll see.

And me =)

Does anyone really care about this type of stuff nowdays?

PS. Come to black - all other spheres suck.

This man speaks the truth. The black sphere is fertile soil. I want more trades!

Edited by Drostan

All I have to say is yall in iFOK are either extremely stupid or extremely ignorant. Please join purple and "turn the sphere upside down." Have fun with the best sphere there is though, I can guarantee they won't think much of your entrance other then to give them more tech sellers and trade possabilities

All I have to say is yall in iFOK are either extremely stupid or extremely ignorant. Please join purple and "turn the sphere upside down." Have fun with the best sphere there is though, I can guarantee they won't think much of your entrance other then to give them more tech sellers and trade possabilities

The negotiations I was participating yesterday seemed to hint otherwise but I guess it's just silly old me. Disregard you apparently don't know a damn thing about us, what we want to do, what we represent or what's going on between the Stickmen and PEACE I guess I should just trust in your judgement. Right?

Please, do try to twist my words well over the point of absurdity. But still, the discussion was confidental and seriously, we don't need people we don't have anything to do with to analyze our own worries about our own security. It's our own damn business and because of the way it was leaked, it's a business between us and the purple leadership. And I'm sorry, but that doesn't include most of folks posting in this thread. For private channels are of victorious nature indeed.

Luv,

Iosif

roarr typoes

Edited by Iosif Moldov

The negotiations I was participating yesterday seemed to hint otherwise but I guess it's just silly old me. Disregard you apparently don't know a damn thing about us, what we want to do, what we represent or what's going on between the Stickmen and PEACE I guess I should just trust in your judgement. Right?

Please, do try to twist my words well over the point of absurdity. But still, the discussion was confidental and seriously, we don't need people we don't have anything to do with to analyze our own worries about our own security. It's our own damn business and because of the way it was leaked, it's a business between us and the purple leadership. And I'm sorry, but that doesn't include most of folks posting in this thread. For private channels are of victorious nature indeed.

Luv,

Iosif

roarr typoes

Delicious counterpoints all delivered in a very confident nature. Specifically the screenshots of you from the OP speak nothing about your feelings towards purple. Also no, I don't have anything to do with purple at the moment, I do know I have done more with purple then you ever have though and that you should learn a little more. Like I said great go to purple, don't participate in the color unity and feel how split and politicky they are because its really not anything like that. In the 2+ years I have spent on that sphere I have no experience in these matters. Also because someone posted it on here, now it is everybody's business and yours to defend yourself.

By the way, please don't hurt me for not knowing about anything on purple!!![/sarcasm] Learn me before you try to talk down to me. You talking to purple leadership, many of whom I consider my friends and would go to ZI for, is great, but maybe if you didn't talk like that in private there wouldn't be an issue in the first place. Your posts on your own boards and on here just speak to you being two-faced.

Even if we disregard the Glamorous Twist, my posts in no way represent the viewpoints of the Stickmen or iFOK government as a whole considering I, as stated multiple times before, am a mere middle government member. If you really want to see what the Stickmen think and plan, you don't prove how malevolent their random middle gov members are, you go to the very core of our leadership. But o, as it seems no such screens were found so the only option left for our little weasel Fran here was to try anyways, which went well.

But my point still remains. It's a matter of purple policy making between PEACE and the Stickmen and I assume that both parties prefer not to drag it into this kind of publicity before any kind of solution has been reached. And, just to make sure, we're already working on some kind of solution. Just if you happened to miss it or something. So, I still don't see the need to defend my sayings to those whom it doesn't concern in any imaginable way and don't really plan doing so in the future. You're not getting your daily bad drama and entertainment out of me, unfortunately.

For the second and the last time, Iosif out.

(Feel free to PM me still though, even if I don't want to turn our foreign policies to poor OWF soap opera, it doesn't mean I'm not available via private channels. I'll be answering any such queries with pleasure.)

Edited by Iosif Moldov

Even if we disregard the Glamorous Twist, my posts in no way represent the viewpoints of the Stickmen or iFOK government as a whole considering I, as stated multiple times before, am a mere middle government member. If you really want to see what the Stickmen think and plan, you don't prove how malevolent their random middle gov members are, you go to the very core of our leadership. But o, as it seems no such screens were found so the only option left for our little weasel Fran here was to try anyways, which went well.

But my point still remains. It's a matter of purple policy making between PEACE and the Stickmen and I assume that both parties prefer not to drag it into this kind of publicity before any kind of solution has been reached. And, just to make sure, we're already working on some kind of solution. Just if you happened to miss it or something. So, I still don't see the need to defend my sayings to those whom it doesn't concern in any imaginable way and don't really plan doing so in the future. You're not getting your daily bad drama and entertainment out of me, unfortunately.

For the second and the last time, Iosif out.

(Feel free to PM me still though, even if I don't want to turn our foreign policies to poor OWF soap opera, it doesn't mean I'm not available via private channels. I'll be answering any such queries with pleasure.)

Yes because I quoted you and used your own words as an example that is a twist. My point still remains that you should not have said those things in the first place and therefore my post wouldn't have even come up. Also my first post still stands as well because all you have done is deflect from my arguments. Please when you have the time to actually make up an argument instead of "my opinion doesn't matter as I am not gov and you aren't important/aren't involved" then come talk to me. I know purple a lot better then you do so please don't think I am stupid for a second.

Yes because I quoted you and used your own words as an example that is a twist. My point still remains that you should not have said those things in the first place and therefore my post wouldn't have even come up. Also my first post still stands as well because all you have done is deflect from my arguments. Please when you have the time to actually make up an argument instead of "my opinion doesn't matter as I am not gov and you aren't important/aren't involved" then come talk to me. I know purple a lot better then you do so please don't think I am stupid for a second.

Why won't you go away already? Yes, everyone got it: you have done just that much for purple and stuff. But as the matter of fact: most of us don't care. Feel free to PM Moldov instead of flogging him with your ever-so-cunning arguments in public.

Edit: Also what erikz said.

Edited by Drool

Why are you trying to be relevant?