This new Hegemony thing

Hyperion321

I don't mean to sound ignorant or anything, but who exactly do you people (the ones asserting that there is a new Hegemony) think are in this "New Regime"?

One day it's TOP, the next it's Athens, the next it's SF, and every other day besides that it's Sparta. It seems like everyone's choice of "whose the most evil" is jumping to a different pole of the MDP web with every new thread. I don't really have to point out the ideological differences between all of the proposed new overlords, but it's safe to say that all of us getting in cahoots to ruin the game is a very far off possibility. So what...are we all just running around oppressing each other? Am I missing something?

tl;dr: Can everyone just pick a new hegemony and stick with it...geez.

edit: crap...wrong forum. If someone can move this to the OWF I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Edited by Hyperion321

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one have never said there is a new hegemony. Quite frankly none of you have the balls nor the brains in order to become such a thing. All we have at the moment is a bunch of wannabe superpowers who continuously make fools of themselves with their most recent failed power plays. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. You're all just simply bad at this. If you do, however, ever get the urge to have a competent, ballsy, and handsome leader, do know that I am always open.

I for one have never said there is a new hegemony. Quite frankly none of you have the balls nor the brains in order to become such a thing. All we have at the moment is a bunch of wannabe superpowers who continuously make fools of themselves with their most recent failed power plays.

Do you think that's such a bad thing? :mellow:

I for one have never said there is a new hegemony. Quite frankly none of you have the balls nor the brains in order to become such a thing. All we have at the moment is a bunch of wannabe superpowers who continuously make fools of themselves with their most recent failed power plays. I'm sorry, but that's the truth. You're all just simply bad at this. If you do, however, ever get the urge to have a competent, ballsy, and handsome leader, do know that I am always open.

By that standard, we can assume that Moo and the rest of NPO were competent, ballsy, and handsome people in your opinion? I never expected such a comment from you to be honest.

There will be another hegemony, but at the moment it is a multi-polar world. Wait a few Global Wars and someone will emerge victorious.

By that standard, we can assume that Moo and the rest of NPO were competent, ballsy, and handsome people in your opinion? I never expected such a comment from you to be honest.

Well, I wouldn't say handsome. Personal tastes, my friend. But you know, as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Now, as for competent and ballsy, by no means were they my equals in those fields, but they held onto the world for years. You can do that without a few certain traits. And no, you wouldn't expect me to say such a thing, but believe it or not I do know how to give credit when credit is due. I like to thing of it as what sets me apart from lesser individuals.

I don't mean to sound ignorant or anything, but who exactly do you people (the ones asserting that there is a new Hegemony) think are in this "New Regime"?

One day it's TOP, the next it's Athens, the next it's SF, and every other day besides that it's Sparta. It seems like everyone's choice of "whose the most evil" is jumping to a different pole of the MDP web with every new thread. I don't really have to point out the ideological differences between all of the proposed new overlords, but it's safe to say that all of us getting in cahoots to ruin the game is a very far off possibility. So what...are we all just running around oppressing each other? Am I missing something?

tl;dr: Can everyone just pick a new hegemony and stick with it...geez.

edit: crap...wrong forum. If someone can move this to the OWF I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Whoever they are, Hyperion, I can promise you that they are barbaric..............

BARBARIC!

Calling someone "The new hegemony" is a convenient way to denounce someone whose actions you dislike, I guess.

Edit:

As someone who doesn't really care much about PR, I could be being a bit too cavalier about it, of course. /shrug

Edited by Aurion

Point made. Karma was only unified for the war, and only then it didn't come together until late in the game (thus NPO's willingness to strong arm OV). It had been rumbling about for a while (tC alliances dropping slowly over time, the aborted formation of the Bastion bloc), but it was never - not during the slow formation of the loose alliance of interests, not at the eve of war - fully unified. Even full MDP or MDoAP blocs have cracks, and Karma was a loose association of alliances, some of whom don't particularly care for one another.

I think a more interesting discussion would be where the current centers of power are in this multipolar world, and how those centers of power are interconnecting and potentially in conflict. Citadel, SF, Chestnut, LEO, Frostbite, CnG. There are some big names - former hegemony names, floating about looking for a new polarity . . .

I think a more interesting discussion would be where the current centers of power are in this multipolar world, and how those centers of power are interconnecting and potentially in conflict. Citadel, SF, Chestnut, LEO, Frostbite, CnG. There are some big names - former hegemony names, floating about looking for a new polarity . . .

I don't know if any of the current blocs are cut out for future success. Perhaps we will see fundamental shifts all over the board in the coming months as necessity changes. Some of the most important alliances aren't even in the more important blocs.

I wanted a multipolar world for a while and that's what we have now.

Right now, the Hegemony label is being thrown on the Karma alliances fighting NPO, mostly for that "brutal" 2 weeks of fighting term. It's not really describing them as a Hegemony in any real sense, but saying they are acting in the same way.

No hegemony exists and none will for the foreseeable future, at least. Very few people have seriously said such a thing, and if you think they have you're probably missing what they are actually trying to say. What is true is that there are a number of alliances that either have a good deal of newfound power that they have not had before or who no longer are bridled/restrained by stronger allies. People are curious and also skeptical about how these people will handle this power, and are quick to criticize if they feel that their behavior is moving towards that which made the hegemony so reviled. The hegemony is dead and will not soon be revived, but the tactics it used largely predated it and the mentality which devised and rationalized those tactics is still alive.

I wanted a multipolar world for a while and that's what we have now.

I think that the world is inclined towards multipolarity and then unipolarity in turns. Things will return to a hegemony type state of affairs, at which point another resistance movement will form. To believe that we'll remain in a multipolar world is naive.

Quite frankly, this is the truth.

No one on Bob has the cojones to take whatever power they may have and use it wisely. There may be a few alliances out there that may have the basic features, but we will not see anyone fill that particular role until they learn it, and it'll take a while for them to learn how to use this new power they have.

That said, I'm looking forward to being a part of this new stage in Bob history. Once again we do not have a clear superpower, and the world will be chaotic until one emerges from the endless bickering and fighting that will happen during the wars to become that superpower.

I think that the world is inclined towards multipolarity and then unipolarity in turns. Things will return to a hegemony type state of affairs, at which point another resistance movement will form. To believe that we'll remain in a multipolar world is naive.

I said that's that we have now. I can see unipolarity returning, but I'm happy to have a period of multipolarity. I don't think it will last forever.