Current NPO War Status?

gorgon

Now i am totally out of the loop on this whole war involving NPO thing. I know how it got started and know the whys, etc. But i haven't really paid much attention on how it's going or how far is this war between NPO and Karma. So if it's not too much trouble, what's the current status with the war or is it all ready over?

I'm sorry if this question or post seems dumb but I'm just curious because recently i took a lot at the alliance stats and i notice how far down NPO has gone. So it kind of surprised me and i was interested on how this whole war thing is going.

Once again I apologize if this seems like a dumb post but i have been really out of the loop and i would like to know more about what's going on right now?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The war has reached basically a state of equilibrium as neither side is capable of compelling the other to surrender/end the war. NPO lacks the military resources to turn the war around, but their nations are all in peace mode or ZIed or are now very small nations, and are therefore somewhat out of reach of the Karma war machine.

Probably more interesting to ask about surrender negotiations status.

Edited by James Dahl

The war has reached basically a state of equilibrium as neither side is capable of decisively defeating the other. NPO lacks the military resources to turn the war around, but their nations are all in peace mode or ZIed or are now very small nations, and are therefore somewhat out of reach of the Karma war machine.

Pretty much. <_<

As far as I was aware, they were at the stage where Karma had put their collective foot down and told NPO to accept the terms offered or face eternal war.

The war has reached basically a state of equilibrium as neither side is capable of decisively defeating the other. NPO lacks the military resources to turn the war around, but their nations are all in peace mode or ZIed or are now very small nations, and are therefore somewhat out of reach of the Karma war machine.

So basically NPO still have their nations in the alliance and are still standing but they are now weakened and un-able to fight due to the lack of strength and military?

The NPO is in an eternal war.

Reps have been offered by both sides and both sides have refused them.

But if it's true what the other guy said, how can this war go eternal if one side is too weak and therefore not only not able to fight but to not be attacked as well?

Oh ok i see now.

I'm also curious now what reps were offered? Details of it, how much, all that fun stuff :D

I believe THIS is the monster of a thread that you are looking for. Reps are discussed in there. all... two hundred... and some odd pages of that darn thread...

They basically made a decision to dissolve away losing trillions cowering in peace mode rather than take a final punch in the nose and pay less in reparartions than the dissolution in peace mode will cost. No one knows which anti einstein among them came up with that solution. Let's call it the theory of negativity.

They basically made a decision to dissolve away losing trillions cowering in peace mode rather than take a final punch in the nose and pay less in reparartions than the dissolution in peace mode will cost. No one knows which anti einstein among them came up with that solution. Let's call it the theory of negativity.

Thank you, Captain Economics, for that pulls no puches yet still accurate appraisal of the situation.

I wish you were the Emperor, we'd be much better off.

Maybe you should go and talk about something you actually know about.

Thank you, Captain Economics, for that pulls no puches yet still accurate appraisal of the situation.

Yes you're absolutely correct. I know next to nothing about the logic behind the theory of negativity, but that doesn't mean there is any.

Why don't you send the aforementioned anti enistein in here to educate us all, I expect it would educate you too because you clearly know nothing about it either. We shall all patiently await the education, and expect it to be a fine laugh. Even funnier than the previous theory of seasons making it "logistically impossible" to get people out of peace mode inside three weeks.

Yes you're absolutely correct. I know next to nothing about the logic behind the theory of negativity, but that doesn't mean there is any.

Why don't you send the aforementioned anti enistein in here to educate us all, I expect it would educate you too because you clearly know nothing about it either. We shall all patiently await the education, and expect it to be a fine laugh. Even funnier than the previous theory of seasons making it "logistically impossible" to get people out of peace mode inside three weeks.

I don't know, seeing as you seem to know so much about it, why don't you explain why it is so much of a better idea to take the terms?

Sounds right to me. If you guys had for one second accepted that your place in the world had changed, you'd be well on your way to rebuilding by now. Get off your high horse.

I don't know, seeing as you seem to know so much about it, why don't you explain why it is so much of a better idea to take the terms?

I have to explain why the cheaper option is the best one? You have to be kidding. So I will dimiss that with the scorn it deserves. I have been told the cannon fodder such as yourself tend to behave like mindless zombies incapable of independent thought. I believe i'm finding evidence of how accurate that really is.

Weird, i quit cn for like 8 months and then came back, when i left the NPO were runnin the show, hell i was even on the red team due to their protection against tech raiding. Things have changed significantly apparently.

The problem is the NPO is getting in the way of our karma foes destroying our alliance by refusing to accept terms designed to do just that. How dare we want to survive.

As I've said before, if our enemies want our alliance exterminated they'll have to do the dirty work themselves. We aren't going to do it for them by accepting those terms and handing over what little strength we have left for them to wipe out.

I have to explain why the cheaper option is the best one? You have to be kidding. So I will dimiss that with the scorn it deserves. I have been told the cannon fodder such as yourself tend to behave like mindless zombies incapable of independent thought. I believe i'm finding evidence of how accurate that really is.

I believe he was asking you to explain why it was the cheaper option, yes.

Edited by Kiss Goodbye

The problem is the NPO is getting in the way of our karma foes destroying our alliance by refusing to accept terms designed to do just that. How dare we want to survive.

As I've said before, if our enemies want our alliance exterminated they'll have to do the dirty work themselves. We aren't going to do it for them by accepting those terms and handing over what little strength we have left for them to wipe out.

That's laughable. You ARE doing it for them. Slow dissolution. The alternative is to take a punch in the nose and pay reparations far lesser in value than the losses eternal peace mode incurs. Then recover rather than remain a laughing stock dissolving away exactly as they want you to.

The terms involved effectively having our entire membership ZI'd, thus making payment of the unprecedented levels of reparations impossible, thus making violation of the terms inevitable, thus making redeclaration of war likely, thus making acceptance of the terms unlikely. Not to mention that even were war not redeclared (because we all know Karma alliances aren't itching for that) it would leave our alliance (and its 600+ players) completely levelled for years -- not something we are particularly keen on.

There is no problem of 'arrogance' or 'failure to accept the changed world' or any of that nonsense. We are happy to accept surrender and terms once we believe the terms offered to be a better option than continued war. Those on the table are not. And while I appreciate your nuanced understanding of NPOsuxxorz-based economics, TigerBaby, I think I'll stick to our painstakingly examined internal figures.

Perhaps peace will eventually come, or perhaps it won't. But to paraphrase Comrade Letum, the only difference between dying at war and dying in peace is that dying in war is more fun.

That's laughable. You ARE doing it for them. Slow dissolution. The alternative is to take a punch in the nose and pay reparations far lesser in value than the losses eternal peace mode incurs. Then recover rather than remain a laughing stock dissolving away exactly as they want you to.

Punch in the nose? You really have no idea what you're talking about. If it was that easy, we'd be at peace right now. The war is in a stalemate at the moment. NPO actually gains some AS some days. Most of our remaining strength is locked away where our foes can't get their dirty mitts on it. There really is nothing much more karma can do to hurt us. Our alliance can survive for a long time as we are now, which is why it is a better option than taking those terms which, for your information, weren't written to do us any favours. Quite the opposite.

Beat down our disarmed banks who can't retaliate at all due to other terms, then demand huge reps from those beaten down banks under strict restrictions on who can pay them, and amount requirements per month. We wouldn't be able to make the repayments, so a resumption of war would be inevitable. Only that resumption would be against a disarmed alliance. Accepting those terms is a much worse option for our alliance than continuing to fight.

I would be happy to educate you.

Read the threads in my signature. I will then, await your reasoned and rational critique, which I expect to be long, detailed, and in particular, full of math.