OOC: CNRP writers association

Sabioviejo

This is an OOC topic pertaining those that like to write in CNRP and like to have people commenting and/or constructive criticizing their writing. This is clearly not meant to show off, but just to act as a place to discuss the writing of our writings.

Especially for people whose native tongue is not English (such as myself) its often a great help if people point out the details and small errors of their writing.

Anyway I hope this topic can stay open and that it will draw some active participants. I for one enjoy all comments on my writing!

Now if only you could finish those, N Reeki. :P

My props to you, Sitethief. This is actually a good thread idea.

:awesome:

Like I say a lot, most of my unfinished RPs are due to either RL, general forgetfullness and boredom with the RP itself. I had to force myself to write the last post of that first one. I still have the second one and I've been working on it periodically.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=37452

This is one of my best RPs, imo. It's 04 in my signature (I think) and details the creation of the former Saborian/Canadian SpecOps teams...The BNops, or Bon Nuit Operatives.

Another nice RP imo is the one I did with Sarah in the following thread:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=46257

Pons and my Chairman talking with each other. One of my few Character RPs.

A classic is, obviously, the RP where we all built the Space Elevator, even if it wasn't too detailed.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=40212

And then there's the various RPs I did in my Broadcast- and actions threads. Those were, on occasion, quite awesome. =3

Now, people, go read my RPs and tell me where I could improve. =P

Because I like writing for the sake of writing. (I'm also not a native speaker, which most people already know. A Kraut am I.)

My best RPs have been:

Three nations overlapping the same territory: Boer Staat and South Africa involvement in Transvaal

South African War between Transvaal and Natal, which was the RP result of an actual in-game war that took place.

And probably my personal favourite, because it was completely unscripted yet played out beautifully: Tahoe intervention during the Civil War

I have a bad habit of leaving RPs half finished after having giant plans for them...

After that, I'd be a bad judge of which of my RPs are good or bad, especially since I got into the bad habit of taking my old rps and rewriting them, removing spelling and continuity errors and the like.

EDIT:

I've though a bit, and I've only really finished two RPs since I joined CNRP:

I Hate the Airport A giant heist thing, that was, in retrospect, grammatical hell.

The other, I will not link, as, in retrospect, it was poorly planned and kind of disjointed, it's really the only time I've done a character RP with another person.

I also was planning a fairly in depth, 2001 meets Dead Space, homicidal robots in space RP with Uberstein for a while about six months ago, but it failed to pan out after he quit and I was thoroughly rolled. However, I may get my homicidal robot RP soon...

Very soon...

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

I often have a habit of abandoning threads after running out of ideas. After a month or so, I make a sequel thread, and I abandon it again after running out of ideas again.

Most of my recent RPs are full of ironies and epic fails, but I am starting to think my RPs are predictable...

My best RP so far: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=60256

However, I am not planning on creating a sequel for while.

EDIT: I noticed that in many of my RPs, the beginning and ending point is weak. Any suggestions on how to fix that issue?

Edited by HHAYD

The threads that I've had the most fun RPing in were created by other people, such as Botha's African Gulag (and most of his other ones), the time me and Sithis and Jed invaded Sahrani, Justinian's imperial ball in 2007, and a few others.

I've made very few threads that are actual RP stories as opposed to announcements, but one comes to mind: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=31664 my civil war last August.

Reading over it, it started out pretty strong but I see a lot of places where I could have done better, and I think partway through I got distracted and I could have fleshed it out a lot more. It was still fun to write though :D and started an actual continuity/storyline for my nation.

Well, all my RPs are in my sig, I'd like to think that John Michaelson's epic, (the one in my temporary FB) is my best, followed by the Invasion of the ISoA, the War in East Africa (still on going as of late, I fear it will be overshadowed by the DE/Khmer/Pax Pacis war), and my military posts in my FB

Botha's Natal war was good, short, and to the point, a town vanishes was pretty cool too

I'm best at starting RP's and settting the stage for a really cool RP, but honestly I'm not quite as good at it as others. I really like epic RP's with massive wars. The best, most roleplayed war ever (many, many wall o' text attacks :P) was the Diberian Zombie War, with an epic 31 pages.

I tried to do the same with the newest thread, but I havn't really "wanted" to (even though I really need to get abouts to that).

You mean...that was the last post? :(

Heh, I intend to make the group an ongoing thing, but I don't want it to get too old too fast, so I figure that post has sort of exhausted itself. I'll RP an investigation, and when I have enough fresh material they will return for a bit :P. I did feel that the way this sort of ended made them seem a bit superficial. There is more to it than meets the eye.

Edited by iamthey

Heh, I intend to make the group an ongoing thing, but I don't want it to get too old too fast, so I figure that post has sort of exhausted itself. I'll RP an investigation, and when I have enough fresh material they will return for a bit :P . I did feel that the way this sort of ended made them seem a bit superficial. There is more to it than meets the eye.

Oh, OK. Well, I wouldn't want your writing to become forced. That would spoil the whole thing.

*says quickly* But I still hate cliffhangers with a passion!

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

My two right now are my favorites thus far I think;

Nord-Sturm [North Storm]; A non-canon RP set in a parallel universe to reality, where Austria tries to take advantage of the power vacuum in Europe after the collapse of the EU.

and then The Mississippi Ain't the River Jordan; a story set in canon in my nation about a man named David and his story of Southern Grittiness.