Bounty

Il Terra Di Agea

OOC: Continued from here

IC:

Through the dense night, a single dash of light shone out. The light soon gave way to the loud thumping of helicopter propellers.

Sergeant Eriksen slowly read over his mission reports, trying to focus over the deafening noise of the helicopter even though he could barely hold on to his papers in the wind. He read out loud as he skimmed the papers.

"Alright, we've got... Dr. Gerhard Schroder," He muttered to himself, "He... ouch, went mad, is wanted for three counts of murder... Most recently, a delivery man shipping in some materials from the government went missing while dropping off a shipment.. Ew, except for his head and fingertips. He is considered armed, dangerous, and mentally unstable. We are to take him alive if possible, if not... don't go out of our way..."

He took a deep breath, and pushed his helmet back on his head.

"Men, we're in for a real wacko. Guy's held up in a little bunker in the middle of nowhere, and we need to get him to trial."

The man on the other side of the helicopter, Dmitri, lit a cigarette, and took a deep breath, and in a heavy Russian accent yelled out, "Hey, maybe we'll get paid this time,eh?"

The twelve men in the helicopter were laughing as it set down in the small forest clearing.

They all released themselves from their seats and slowly walked through the slowly waning darkness towards the steel doors in the ground.

"This is it?" Olav said as he scratched an old scar on his unshaven face.

"By the map, yes," Eriksen muttered, himself a bit disappointed.

"A crazy man in a hole," Dmitri scoffed, "This is definitely a new frontier for us. What are we even getting paid on this job?"

"200 k for each of us," Eriksen said, "Better than our last bounty."

"Not that I'm complaining, but our last bounty got us the astonishing income of twelve buttons, a keg, and some half decent lukefisk."

Josef, the smallest and newest member of the group struggled to hold in a chuckle, "All lukefisk is awful, half decent lukefisk just burns your tongue for a week, rather than a month."

Eriksen looked back, a scowled as he pulled open the door. "Blood here is a few days old, left from the last person to be caught off guard in here. Stay focused, or you'll be going home in a body bag."

They all shushed themselves as they began to walk down into the pit.

They were miles from another human, and only feet from death.

OOC: Trying to do something new with this RP, and making good on my promise that those robots from my news thread aren't going to be used for military. Also, after this, I may open up the RP to other people, but there is quite a bit of killing to do before that can happen :awesome:

"What's that smell?" Rodger muttered as the finally got to the bottom of the dark staircase.

"Smells like egg..." Josef muttered back.

"Dead body, two, three days old..." Eriksen said, "Four at the most."

"Hey, didn't you say Old man Schroder knocked off the delivery guy half a month ago?"

"Never doubt the power of a crazy man. Probably froze the body, or experimented on it, or something..."

A dull thud echoed through the room.

"What was that?" Olav yelled.

"Ehhhhh..." Samson let out a little bit of his terror, "Guys, there is something... moist here. Moist and lumpy."

Eriksen walked over, and shined his flashlight on his arm, "Well, that's unsettling."

Hanging from the ceiling, resting on Samson's arm, was a burlap sack, red with blood, and dangling from that was a laminated piece of paper, emblazoned with a simple message, Turn Back.

Rodger clutched the cross on his neck and began to mutter a prayer as the rest of the men walked over to see the gore.

"Looks like everything missing from the delivery boy's chest is in here..." Olav said as he begin to push away the blood soaked bag, "May also be a bit else, but it looks like vital organs, no brain, though."

"Of course not, you read the file, Schroder was working on brains when he started killing, if he killed someone down here, of course he would keep the brain out."

"Eh, you're right..."

"Of course I am, now, Josef, call home, tell'em we found a decent chunk of the Delivery boy."

Eriksen looked back, "Josef, call home."

"Josef?"

"Where is Josef?" Olav muttered.

The team looked around and all shrugged.

"Damn," Eriksen muttered as he looked down on the floor, twenty feet away, was the radio, and in fresh blood, 'I Told You.'

"What do you mean he's dead?" Nikolai said, "He can't be dead, he was right there just a second ago!"

"He's fast," Eriksen muttered, "It's just one more reason to get hm in."

"No, no one can do that. He was a few feet away, how did we miss it?"

"I... I don't know Nikolai. He was my friend too..."

"Shut up... Just shut up. I'm going to look for him, that !@#$%^& can't be far."

"Yes, yes he can. We need to re-start the generator, and get the lights running. It's too dangerous to go through here in the dark."

"Who gives a rat's $@!! We've lost a man already, who's to say we won't loose even more going to the generator?"

"We're better off in the light. At least then we'll be able to see him coming!"

"Nikolai has a good point," Dimitri said, "Josef may still be alive. We need to hurry."

"Yes, and then we can get picked off, one by one in the dark!" Olav yelled.

"SHUT UP!" Eriksen yelled, "We're turning on the lights, and that's it."

Eriksen glared at the men as they slowly began to calm down. There was already one man dead, and he was not willing to let another one die in vain.

Elsewhere in the Bunkers

"Dammit, why won't they leave?" Dr. Schroder muttered to himself, "Can't they see, they'll die just like the rest."

He stumbled over onto his desk, and tear began to form in his eyes, "They'll all die. They... are all going to die. It's not my fault, how could I have known? Ha! It's not my fault, it's no one's fault! They didn't listen, now they'll... have to go..."

He brush a pile of blood stained papers to the side as he stood and walked to the door...

OOC: He's playing that Mad Doctor role quite well. All he needs now is to make a monster, sick it on the team, and give a speech about how humanity is outdated.

OOC: I think that's actually the idea, and that the only thing he has yet to do on your list is give that speech. :P

• 2 weeks later...

The sound of footsteps echoes down the long corridor as the men walked. The halls were clear and polished, just as they were when the bunkers closed months earlier, except for the sweet, sticky stench of blood that seemed to penetrate all of the recirculated air. The grim feeling of death seeped from the walls and emanated from the floors. With every step, moral seemed to fall, and with every second it felt to them as if life was being sucked from their bones. Olav held out his arm, and shut off his flashlight, but the sound of footfalls did not stop with the men. "There's something wrong," He slowly muttered, "We aren't moving, where are those footsteps coming from?"

The distant echo of a scream and saw tore through the bunkers. Josef was finally dead. Schroder was already winning, and they were only twenty minutes in to the bunker.

OOC: Bit of a grave dig, but I don't want to loose this one, and vacation threw a wrench in the works

"Hey," Nikolai muttered, "I think we're here..."

"How do you figure?" Eriksen said.

"Most of the machinery for a pretty high power generator is here. We have a lot of fuel, a few sizable motors, an exhaust tube to the surface, and a few rotors."

"I... really don't care. Can you get it running?"

"They're pretty damaged, but I can get two or three running in a few hours..."

"We don't have a few hours. Get one generator running, that should get us at least some light. We don't need bright, we just need to see."

"Eh... Sure, I can probably do that..."

One Hour Later

With a clank, and a loud buzz, the lights of the room began to dimly shine.

"And there we go," Nikolai said with a smile as he slid out from under the generator, wiping grease from his hands, "Someone really had it out for this thing, there were pieces removed, and a lot of crap jamming up the rotor, but the pieces were all there."

"Weird," Eriksen muttered, "Still nothing compared to that guy in Murmansk who was cannibalizing his friends and family..."

"Gah!" Olav yelled, "We promised not to talk about that anymore!"

"That was one crazy weekend," Samson said.

A loud crack shot out from the walls as the room slowly began to shake.

"What the hell is that?" Eriksen yelled.

"I do don't know!" Nikolai yelled back, "I plugged in the walkie talkies to charge, and everything started to shake!"

"Dammit!" Eriksen yelled back, as chunks of the walls began to fall off, reveling spike embedded planks.

"This is a joke, right," Olav muttered, "Or a dream. Why would anyone do this?"

With a deafening roar, the first panel shot down the hall, right in between Eriksen and Nikolai. With another crash, another wall smashed across the room, trapping Olav and Rodger in the generator room. For a brief moment, the roars dulled to a hum and slowly went to silence

They were trapped, and separated.