Poaching from our ranks- NSO

Sounds like everyone has the green light to recruit NSO members, then.

I think this has been said a few times, so thank you for that contribution. Maybe you think you've caught Ivan in a net, my god, he'd never have suspected you or some of the other incredibly detail-oriented people would catch him. Your parents must be proud.

You recruit from them, they'll probably recruit from you, so it's cool that way. Pretty sure it's been said a few times. Thought furthermore I'd like to add that they've apologized for doing so, he is explaining his logic and his beliefs. He thinks it should be okay. However, he is not doing it. Do it to NSO and they'll handle it anyway they feel necessary.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Yes, I believe it should be a normal activity within the Cyberverse, as it used to be. If a nation wishes to leave because of a recruitment message then they were not truly loyal to you anyway and you should want them to seek out greener pastures, just as I would want those not loyal to myself to seek out other avenues.

and how about new nations? Loyalty isnt developed instantaneously and its certainly harder to indoctrinate new members if theyre being harassed with recruitment messages.

and how about new nations? Loyalty isnt developed instantaneously and its certainly harder to indoctrinate new members if theyre being harassed with recruitment messages.

You could try building community or something instead of trying to indoctrinate them.

just saying ;)

I think this has been said a few times, so thank you for that contribution. Maybe you think you've caught Ivan in a net, my god, he'd never have suspected you or some of the other incredibly detail-oriented people would catch him. Your parents must be proud.

You recruit from them, they'll probably recruit from you, so it's cool that way. Pretty sure it's been said a few times. Thought furthermore I'd like to add that they've apologized for doing so, he is explaining his logic and his beliefs. He thinks it should be okay. However, he is not doing it. Do it to NSO and they'll handle it anyway they feel necessary.

My bad. That's what happens when you decide to skip over several pages of what is typically drivel in order to see if anyone of importance has said anything remotely intelligent, which is also very rare.

My bad. That's what happens when you decide to skip over several pages of what is typically drivel in order to see if anyone of importance has said anything remotely intelligent, which is also very rare.

Why bother posting at all if you want to continue to add to the quality of posts of which you appear to not like?

I didn't read 80% of the thread and I heard that said at least twice. Ignorance ain't an excuse, y'all.

1. Because I do not necessarily care for the conventions of the status quo on what dictates "poor taste."
You mentioned in one of your previous posts that the recruitment messages were in "poor taste." Does this mean that you personally found them to be distasteful, or that you were observing that everybody else regards them to be in poor taste, but not you yourself?
2. Yes, I believe it should be a normal activity within the Cyberverse, as it used to be. If a nation wishes to leave because of a recruitment message then they were not truly loyal to you anyway and you should want them to seek out greener pastures, just as I would want those not loyal to myself to seek out other avenues.
I'm not so sure that the act of sending recruitment messages itself was what many people found insulting. What seems to have ruffled the most feathers was the content of the recruitment message. Calling these alliances "weak,""pathetic," and curiously enough "impotent."

Let's imagine that the PMs had been sent without any sort of recruitment message, and the message simply consisted of the insults directed towards these alliances. Would you have found that to be in poor taste?

Edited by Tomcat

Which is why the messages that were sent out by NSO didn't target nations below 4k.

i wasnt referring to the specific incident, i was referring to your statement

unless you meant it should be normal activity to recruit only seasoned nations?

Then I suppose they'd move around till they found an alliance that was worthwhile on its surface as well as its core, eh? How terrible would it be to have an alliance that is worth something? Earth-shatteringly terrible!

And HHAYD, the thing about it is that hopefully those nations already in the alliance or familiar with the game wouldn't be turned around like a moth around a flame.

So you were aiming for other alliances' mid/large members?

4K is still small and will remain so for a while. I'd say that the bottom of mid-sized starts around 10-15K NS. They were aiming for anyone who had a chance to be a part of their alliance. Getting to 4K doesn't take terribly long, but it's not instant either, certainly a good "cut-off point" for leaving out the n00blets of the alliance.

Neutrality is fun for some, being the bad guy is fun for some and being the good guy is fun for some. None of us any where have any right to tell people they are playing the game wrong because of the alliance they join.

That is quite the ignorant opinion.

Ignorant of what, exactly?

The Cyberverse has changed. You have not.

Change is fluid and prone to curious cycles.

After all, as I understand it, nukes went from seen as just another tool of warfare to being considered insanely immoral, to once again being seen as little more then a useful and acceptable tool.