Poaching from our ranks- NSO

Oh, right, some other person that forgot he was allied to the NPO for 3 or so years.

What are you trying to show here? What is your business in this thread?

This isn't about NPO. This is about NPO-lite. Which you are. You know, like a lite beer. For the ladies.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be a distinct difference between testing the waters and outright stupidity. This particular attempt seems to blur that line.

That is pure opinion, rather then fact.

We've been "testing the waters" long before the Karma War.

This may be true but I am saying that now is a unique case as there is no hegemony to look out for. I am not saying that your modus operandi has changed but rather that it is not a surprise (since it hasn't changed) that you are the first to test the resolve of the new world. Even I am curious to see where the boundaries lie now.

Most alliances consider mass message recruitment approved by high government as an act of war, by the way.

The next time my mailman puts a letter in my mailbox, I'm going to run out of my house screaming, "Youre violating my sovereignty! Stop attacking me!!!"

What are you trying to show? Your motives for poaching their members, acting like pricks, and being npo-lite? I think we all get that part.

Being a prick is a CB for war? I don't know about you, but it sounds a bit extreme. I personally think that there are better ways to solve a dispute. Instead of trying to cause all this drama they could have approached us and tried to resolve this diplomatically. The Grey Council did, but not the TDO to my knowledge.

The next time my mailman puts a letter in my mailbox, I'm going to run out of my house screaming, "Youre violating my sovereignty! Stop attacking me!!!"

If your mailman wrote a letter telling you to leave your house because it's "weak" and "pathetic", I'd agree with the necessity to run after him.

I think that award was once granted to the New Polar Order. If we are also to be named as such, I believe we can expect a bright future ahead of us.

Unlike you, I do not bear the shame of trying to cover up my past. I bear no shame in being associated to the NPO, unfair as this comparison is. All evidence points to the fact, that we do not hold close diplomatic relationships with them nor have we engaged other alliances with the style of diplomacy they favor. This is not Pacifica's modus operandi.

Your alliance eagerly supported a war against neutral alliances, however. I wonder who was dancing to the NPO's tune back then. I fought in that war and I have fond memories of it. Do you?

EDIT: @ Doge William

Edited by Mussolandia

If your mailman wrote a letter telling you to leave your house because it's "weak" and "pathetic", I'd agree with the necessity to run after him.

This is the key here. If NSO sent TDO, GPA, et al a mass message offering to do tech deals, it's one thing. This is a completely different situation, and probably warrants an aggressive response. Whether or not we'll see one, well...neutrals have never really defended their sovereignty very well.

This may be true but I am saying that now is a unique case as there is no hegemony to look out for. I am not saying that your modus operandi has changed but rather that it is not a surprise (since it hasn't changed) that you are the first to test the resolve of the new world. Even I am curious to see where the boundaries lie now.

Just because there is no Hegemony to look out for doesn't mean that GPA, TDO, GC, and GOP can't, you know, fight for themselves? Hell, Hegemony didn't fight for the neutrals even when they were in power.

Don't you mean the guy who wrote the letter to give to the mailman to deliver to your door?

CN's messaging system is innocent in this :P

This was a really pathetic move by NSO. Not only recruiting, but insulting and ridiculing the alliance in the same PM, hundreds of them...

I assure you we can be just as happy with a loss as with a win.

I believe you are correct TDO NSO really is going to have to fight to survive this PR situation....

A little fix here.

As for those who say recruiting isn't war worthy, to be honest i wouldn't want to stay in my alliance if we get 200 PMs for recruiting us AND insulting our alliance...and do nothing about it.

Being a prick is a CB for war? I don't know about you, but it sounds a bit extreme. I personally think that there are better ways to solve a dispute. Instead of trying to cause all this drama they could have approached us and tried to resolve this diplomatically. The Grey Council did, but not the TDO to my knowledge.

from the OP:

"It has been confirmed by NSO that it was approved by their 2nd in command, Doppleganger, and that this was a premeditated and government approved act of war against our alliances. We have attempted to take a diplomatic approach through back channels and have been met with hostility and disrespect."

SWEET. I've always wanted Doppel in my alliance, I think I'm going to recruit him now!

(Actually, I have no intention for him to join my alliance, but since all the cool kids are recruiting from alliances these days...)

Also, our Beloved Emperor Chimaera is the king of recruiting from alliances. No one else comes close to his glory. That is all.

Not even worth arguing. This isn't worth fighting a war over, and no war is going to happen. Our guerrilla fighting abilities are handy but our diplomatic acumen is more handy. Not every disagreement needs to end with shots fired. Let's not forget the greater lessons of Vox Populi. ;)

Now this is probably the sensible answer.

Also, stop quoting me. :P

To those in favor of "allowing" recruiting from alliances, when does the line get crossed?

Does talking to your members on IRC in an attempt to get them to leave their alliance cross it? Or does no such line ever exist?

Also, our Beloved Emperor Chimaera is the king of recruiting from alliances. No one else comes close to his glory. That is all.

Waits for the cries of outrage from "concerned citizens"

*crickets*

Figures... <_<

I would expect no different from the Sith, you can never trust them.

I haven't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has already been addressed but neutrality does not mean that an alliance can not fight a war after a direct offense against it it means that they will not get involved in the politics of others.

OOC: you gotta give NSO credit for sticking to their theme.

Edited by KingSrqt

To those in favor of "allowing" recruiting from alliances, when does the line get crossed?

Does talking to your members on IRC in an attempt to get them to leave their alliance cross it? Or does no such line ever exist?

If you use IRC you know that's already happen, it's full of "Hey join my alliance!" and joke or not this already exist and as I said I think this is disrespectful but hardly a CB because in the end it's up to you accept or not the invitation, just say "no, thanks." and walk away.

I'm wondering why everyone who thinks this is a-ok is ignoring the fact that the Sith have already apologised for the same message sent to another alliance. If the Sith have such conviction that they have done nothing wrong, why did they respond to one demand for a public apology so drastically different to another by, you know, apologising publicly? Something doesn't click, here.

from the OP:

"It has been confirmed by NSO that it was approved by their 2nd in command, Doppleganger, and that this was a premeditated and government approved act of war against our alliances. We have attempted to take a diplomatic approach through back channels and have been met with hostility and disrespect."

I am curious what back channels they are referring to, as well as examples of this hostility and disrespect. I am wondering if the hostility and disrespect actually occurred in the back channels, or if it occurred elsewhere where parties that wouldn't necessarily have been involved were involved? Also, I highly doubt that Doppelganger confirmed that this was an act of war. Knowing the leadership of NSO, if it were to be an act of war they'd actually be shooting. That statement smacks of hyperbole and an overwrought appeal to emotion, to be honest.

I've reviewed what I assume are the actual back channel discussions, and I'm having a hard time finding anything other than people sticking to their guns firmly in some instances, and frank discussion throughout. Perhaps I am missing something.

Edited by Electron Sponge

If you use IRC you know that's already happen, it's full of "Hey join my alliance!" and joke or not this already exist and as I said I think this is disrespectful but hardly a CB because in the end it's up to you accept or not the invitation, just say "no, thanks." and walk away.

It is not full of people seriously trying to recruit people already in alliances however, which is what I was asking (clearly jokes happen, especially on IRC, but just as clearly these messages were not intended as a joke considering the language used).