NPO - A Suggestion

Stetson76

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would the two week term be omitted? Karma could DoW and stagger those nations as I'm sure they have assigned the targeting for PM nations. If they come out of PM Karma could subject them to war for however long they wished until NPO crumbled down to accepting surrender.

However, I do think NPO could do serious damage if their PM nations came out in a coordinated strike all at once to the point that the tides might turn on some fronts especially considering warchest amounts of some of their nations.

1) Karma sucks at staggering. Anyone who can't see this needs to look at the war records of NPO members, or hell, just the number of PM nations.

2) NPO doesn't have much incentive to have their nations come out, if even possible. Don't forget, many nations in peace mode are disobeying orders to cycle out of peace, using it to get out of anarchy and rebuild for another attack. Instead, they just sit there. Some for undoubtably legitmate reasons (though he isn't right now, I could understand if Moo went to PM, seeing as how he's out with swine flu). Some just because they are unwilling to fight a losing war. Nevertheless, in peace mode they are and likely will stay.

1) Karma sucks at staggering. Anyone who can't see this needs to look at the war records of NPO members, or hell, just the number of PM nations.

2) NPO doesn't have much incentive to have their nations come out, if even possible. Don't forget, many nations in peace mode are disobeying orders to cycle out of peace, using it to get out of anarchy and rebuild for another attack. Instead, they just sit there. Some for undoubtably legitmate reasons (though he isn't right now, I could understand if Moo went to PM, seeing as how he's out with swine flu). Some just because they are unwilling to fight a losing war. Nevertheless, in peace mode they are and likely will stay.

And you both missed the post where the two weeks was switched to nation by nation instead of all at once to prevent extended wars. The new terms make it over in a maximum of 20 days since after 20 days anyone not coming out would either be deleted, or disobeying orders.

Edited by TypoNinja

They seemed to have learned a lot from their failed war on FAN. One can always learn from their mistakes :)

I've definitely found it interesting that Karma is repeating all the mistakes and less successful things NPO did and skipping anything the NPO did right. It's sort of tragic. Keeping FAN at war for so long was definitely a mistake. It rehabilitated FAN's image to a certain degree without them doing anything, hurt NPO's image, and acted as a rallying point for anyone with anti-NPO views. Now Karma is doing the same thing and there's really no way they're going to stop at this point.

And you both missed the post where the two weeks was switched to nation by nation instead of all at once to prevent extended wars. The new terms make it over in a maximum of 20 days since after 20 days anyone not coming out would either be deleted, or disobeying orders.

You implied (though you refused to clearly state one way or the other) that these were NOT official Karma terms and was instead the opinion of a Sparta gov official. Are these now official Karma terms? What are the complete current official Karma terms?

And you missed...my entire point. I'm saying that NPO doesn't want terms. At the very least, not terms that have anything to do with more rounds of war. Actually, I had a discussion with Tromp about the terms a week or two ago in which he said the original intention of the terms was to avoid extended wars, but that it was somewhat poorly worded, as far as I can tell there was no "switching," just one big misunderstanding. If there was "switching," please point me to it. But again, that's irrelevant to my point, NPO won't accept terms that involve war.

And you missed...my entire point. I'm saying that NPO doesn't want terms. At the very least, not terms that have anything to do with more rounds of war. Actually, I had a discussion with Tromp about the terms a week or two ago in which he said the original intention of the terms was to avoid extended wars, but that it was somewhat poorly worded, as far as I can tell there was no "switching," just one big misunderstanding. If there was "switching," please point me to it. But again, that's irrelevant to my point, NPO won't accept terms that involve war.

Well switched might be the wrong word, clarified would be more accurate.

Edited by TypoNinja

Pot meet kettle, have you noticed your rebuttal to his one liner was another one liner? Whoops! Besides, being a one liner does not make the point invalid, just breif. After a 200+ page threadnought, I think we can all appreciate breif.

Lots of flowery words there, let us know when you get to the point.

Much as anyone else I would imagine, to be left in peace, to not have those larger than themselves bully them because they can, seeing people treat them as equals instead of potential targets, I've seen the logs you snipped further down, the start of those 'negotiations' was a non too subtle threat made with no real information backing it, and a vicious irony that you had to have an informer to learn someone was informing on you.

I have no doubt you didn't care, Pacifica does not even care for their allies. What ever your motivations for going after OV might have been, (I can make guesses but that's all they'd be) you have proven time and again, that you don't care who the next target is as long as their is one, and as long as it gets you a curb stomp. You just stuck your foot in a meat grinder this time round.

Throwing stones in glass houses much? Remember the log dump from the athens/GGA !@#$%^&* and mhawks follow up? Yea the log dump that shows NPO gov in GGA gov channels. We didn't pull anybody into war, in case you forgot how to read that DoW you linked was NPO starting the fight on yet another trumped up charge, we stood by and defended our allies from yet another instance of the NPO meddling with another alliances government, and you dare criticize others about their sovereignty?

You know what I see in those logs? I see another case of the NPO tampering with other peoples government, and another case of someone willing to sacrifice them selves because they don't want to see the rest of their friends rolled by the NPO. I see the last punctuation mark, the last full stop, in the NPO reign of terror on planet bob. I see all of planet pop rising up against you and your kind to defend people against your aggression and hypocrisy. I see the world deciding, enough is enough and that nobody should be running in fear from a double standard that the NPO set and ignores at its leisure. I see OV's allies standing up to defend them and their government from your interference.

I see Impero telling you we've drawn a line in the sand and won't put up with your !@#$%^&* any longer. If all you can see is someone trying to pick a fight, I think you are projecting.

You are repeating your self, in the same post even. You are slipping.

Tell you what since you asked twice, you must really be curious, since I've already guessed once, lets leave this one for seth. Right from the horses mouth as it were.

You are mixing metaphors, OV would actually be the Anvil in this case.

Ah, I see we're agreed. Now that sethb has his talking points from VE, he can speak for himself.

Staggering isn't as easy in a nuclear war where everyone is in anarchy. Sure, there were some mistakes but I laugh at Invicta pointing out pretty much anyone 'sucking' other than themselves. You guys really are Ephriam Grey's true home.

Ah, I see we're agreed. Now that sethb has his talking points from VE, he can speak for himself.

Aww whats the matter, I took the time to go point by point, and you can even address any of them?

You answer posts put to your alliance, your allies answer counter arguments, me demolishing your post is the same thing, its the OWF, whoever gets there first gets the counter point. We don't suggest you get all your talking points from TPF or that you've lost sovereignty to IRON just because they post in your favour. If a misdirect is the best you can do for a counter argument you are slipping.

And you missed...my entire point.

No I didn't I just didn't think it needed belabouring at this point, so I made a different one.

Staggering isn't as easy in a nuclear war where everyone is in anarchy. Sure, there were some mistakes but I laugh at Invicta pointing out pretty much anyone 'sucking' other than themselves. You guys really are Ephriam Grey's true home.

But Karma does suck at staggering.

Hell I went in PM twice to get more nukes, but that's part of Karma's plan right for me to get my nukes.

Edited by kevin32891

Hell I went in PM twice to get more nukes, but that's part of Karma's plan right for me to get my nukes.

We do, it is a symptom of the loose organizational nature of the alliances opposing the NPO, Karma is a handy name to use is discussion but we are not a formal bloc.

yes its is part of the plan,I need 9 more nukes to get the next ribbon and i have 3 defensive slots open.

anyone care to step up and show how weak Karma is compared to the Big Bad NPO?

yes its is part of the plan,I need 9 more nukes to get the next ribbon and i have 3 defensive slots open.

I would love too, Grow a bit. Anything to help out a friend.

Sorry I would but you're not in my range.

Plus I have 4 people on me that aren't doing that well.

I expected more from FOK.

Wow, you're beating NPO up in spite of the 1000 to 1 odds in your favor. I'm truly impressed. Few mobs are so bold as to charge blindly towards a single entity against those odds.

But yes, my apologies. It is just whenever you, as in Karma, says something, I seem to find it increasingly more difficult to take you people seriously. I mean, are you really bragging about your military superiority when you outnumber your enemy by at the very least several thousand nations?

I declared on a guy with nukes (I have none) to try and snag a ribbon but he refuses to nuke me! How inconsiderate is that?

I need more fruit salad dammit.

So what if NPO puts a few of your nations in anarchy for a few days? You have hundreds more, if not thousands, who are just sitting there doing nothing. Is cycling your forces so difficult? Especially when you have an overabundance of them? I really hate to have to agree with the NPO guy, but he is right. Karma's showing in this war truly has been subpar, and is a textbook example of how not to coordinate a war. Karma may have won, but it was tactically out performed by the Hegemony. And they will rebuild, and Karma will crumble since you guys can't get along. Really, you guys have no idea what you're doing. I find it to be most laughable.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Do you even know what you're talking about?

So what if NPO puts a few of your nations in anarchy for a few days? You have hundreds more, if not thousands, who are just sitting there doing nothing. Is cycling your forces so difficult? Especially when you have an overabundance of them? I really hate to have to agree with the NPO guy, but he is right. Karma's showing in this war truly has been subpar, and is a textbook example of how not to coordinate a war. Karma may have won, but it was tactically out performed by the Hegemony. And they will rebuild, and Karma will crumble since you guys can't get along. Really, you guys have no idea what you're doing. I find it to be most laughable.

I agree almost word for word.

Just do the right thing NPO; Accept the terms so we may all go home partially intact.

Seems like you guys are more interested in ending this than the NPO. If that's the case, why don't you just pack up and call it quits. I'm sure the NPO understands that you don't want to fight anymore.