NPO - A Suggestion

Stetson76

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it's not the case then since the war goes on ;)

Barely. ;) All the fervor is gone by now, and only a slow, festering hatred remains, simmering. Heh, I still remember the outpour of Karma PR at the war's start quite vividly, and what's going on now hardly matches it. War's over, pretty much, no one's putting their heart into it.

Wow, you're beating NPO up in spite of the 1000 to 1 odds in your favor. I'm truly impressed. Few mobs are so bold as to charge blindly towards a single entity against those odds.

But yes, my apologies. It is just whenever you, as in Karma, says something, I seem to find it increasingly more difficult to take you people seriously. I mean, are you really bragging about your military superiority when you outnumber your enemy by at the very least several thousand nations?

last person who declared on me was the Legion..i havent seen a defensive war since.

lol a NPO'er said that to me a few weeks after this war started, i said it was more likely that we would meet when he came down to my level.

Unfortunately he dropped rather fast and we missed each other, either way its a pity all the more willing nations to fight are not in my range :(

Still im always happy to take the initiative and meet new people, just save my nation and say Hi whenever you can.

lol a NPO'er said that to me a few weeks after this war started, i said it was more likely that we would meet when he came down to my level.

Unfortunately he dropped rather fast and we missed each other, either way its a pity all the more willing nations to fight are not in my range :(

Still im always happy to take the initiative and meet new people, just save my nation and say Hi whenever you can.

It is a date then, if someone bombs me back down to your level I will declare for ya.

Barely. ;) All the fervor is gone by now, and only a slow, festering hatred remains, simmering. Heh, I still remember the outpour of Karma PR at the war's start quite vividly, and what's going on now hardly matches it. War's over, pretty much, no one's putting their heart into it.

You guys have been saying this for weeks.

And you'll keep saying it as NPO keeps having around 2k wars each day. of course there's not as much PR needed anymore the war is over. The rest is mop-up till they accept terms.

And you'll keep saying it as NPO keeps having around 2k wars each day. of course there's not as much PR needed anymore the war is over. The rest is mop-up till they accept terms.

i think everyone in Karma stopped caring about spin so much and just kept their focus on wars. As far as not having our heart in it its more to do with running out of targets, already im starting to have to look harder for nations in range and not in PM, not to mention that the fight has been taken out of them already in alot of cases.

So what if NPO puts a few of your nations in anarchy for a few days? You have hundreds more, if not thousands, who are just sitting there doing nothing. Is cycling your forces so difficult? Especially when you have an overabundance of them? I really hate to have to agree with the NPO guy, but he is right. Karma's showing in this war truly has been subpar, and is a textbook example of how not to coordinate a war. Karma may have won, but it was tactically out performed by the Hegemony. And they will rebuild, and Karma will crumble since you guys can't get along. Really, you guys have no idea what you're doing. I find it to be most laughable.

This is not your best work as far as rooting for the underdog goes, but humorous none the less in typical RV fashion. :rv:

Do you even know what you're talking about?

Clearly not. Though I might add that you are another fine example alongside Ephriam Grey of the brilliance that is Invicta. If only you two had gotten along...

You believe? Didn't you even bother to read the post you just quoted? He was an MCXA applicant at the time. Sent out one aid package under that AA (probably a mistake), then switched to the NPO AA, sent out 5 more aid packages, then declared upon a Ragnarok nation. Who gave him the names of the six NPO nations - all at war - which he aided? Who gave him the name of the Ragnarok nation that he declared on? And why would the NPO provide any of this info to someone who's supposedly an MCXA applicant?

No, try again. He's not a ghost. He's not a rogue. He's a freaking bank. How much more obvious do you need to have it spelled out for you? He's a bank who was hiding under another AA, and there's no way in hell he's the only one.

He's *not* a member of the NPO. He can put anything he wants in his nation screen, just like you can, but that doesn't make him a member, any more than you changing your AA to New Pacific Order would make you a member.

Here's another nation flying the NPO flag who isn't in the NPO.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=168127

He's been ghosting our AA, and sitting in peace mode, for almost a year. So far as I know he's never been an actual NPO member. No, it doesn't make any sense, but it doesn't change anything.

You keep claiming that this guy was "a bank hiding under another AA", but you haven't explained why a bank who was trying to hide would make *sure* that he got noticed by attacking a Ragnarock nation?

As I said before, I think he is an ex NPO member who decided to leave, who aided some friends, and who declared war on his own.

But you keep up with your "He's a bank in HIDING! HIDING I SAY! HIDING BY ATTACKING!" nonsense.

So how did a nation go from being an MCXA applicant straight to being a member of the NPO - and during wartime no less? Don't you have an application process anymore?

Are you really that stupid? You think that changing your AA in game makes you an NPO member, gives you access to the forums, etc? Really? Jeeze.

At least try to make your lies more believable.

And you missed...my entire point. I'm saying that NPO doesn't want terms. At the very least, not terms that have anything to do with more rounds of war. Actually, I had a discussion with Tromp about the terms a week or two ago in which he said the original intention of the terms was to avoid extended wars, but that it was somewhat poorly worded, as far as I can tell there was no "switching," just one big misunderstanding. If there was "switching," please point me to it. But again, that's irrelevant to my point, NPO won't accept terms that involve war.

IF the terms that were originally offered have not been changed, then those are the only ones offered, and all of the talk about "Maybe we could put some limits, like a max of 2 weeks per nation..." stuff is irrelevant.

If the terms have been changed, then they *were* switched.

Myself, I don't know whether different terms were offered or not.

And if he were telling the truth about how Karma's "intention" was "to avoid extended wars" then they would have made an offer by now that didn't include "several more weeks of war so we can nuke the rest of your alliance to pulp". And they probably would have made it *clear* what the new offer is. For now, all of the "But that isn't what they meant" stuff is just speculation that hasn't, so far as I know, been agreed to by Karma.

I've definitely found it interesting that Karma is repeating all the mistakes and less successful things NPO did and skipping anything the NPO did right. It's sort of tragic. Keeping FAN at war for so long was definitely a mistake. It rehabilitated FAN's image to a certain degree without them doing anything, hurt NPO's image, and acted as a rallying point for anyone with anti-NPO views. Now Karma is doing the same thing and there's really no way they're going to stop at this point.

In addition to offering alliance-wide surrender terms, Karma has also offered individual surrender terms. Any NPO nation can surrender at any time. The only thing stopping them is the fear of retaliation from their own alliance.

In addition to offering alliance-wide surrender terms, Karma has also offered individual surrender terms. Any NPO nation can surrender at any time. The only thing stopping them is the fear of retaliation from their own alliance.

I stay because Pacifica is my home.None of us that remain believe Pacifica is in any shape to retaliate against anyone.

Based on NPOs past behavior and the logs of the diplomats from the discussion, I find it far more likely the entire alliance would have gotten at least one round of war and Sethb would have gotten at least ZI.

Actually, the final offer from the NPO, which was delivered to OV and rejected, was precisely that: Sethb getting one week of war. Intent is not the issue.

They seemed to have learned a lot from their failed war on FAN. One can always learn from their mistakes :)

Yes, that's what I keep on saying.

Your powers of telepathy are only matched by your impressive knowledge of the inner workings of Pacifica.

Yes, now you've said that, I've finally manged broken through the brain control devices. I would leave now, but I'm scared, scared that my nation will be overrun by irradiated cows and nuclear zombies. Scared that I will be placed on the eternal vengance list, a secret list of all the nations that have ever left the NPO and will be hunted down and destroyed in the future.

I also have logs to prove it:

<Cow> So have you got the EV list ready?

<GenericEvilIO> Yes Sir, the list with all the nations that have ever left the NPO

<Cow> Good, if we're going to hunt them down, we're going to need that list

<Cow> Keep it secret though, if anyone finds out, it will be a PR nightmare, and our legions of adoring fans will leave us

;)

Yes, now you've said that, I've finally manged broken through the brain control devices. I would leave now, but I'm scared, scared that my nation will be overrun by irradiated cows and nuclear zombies. Scared that I will be placed on the eternal vengance list, a secret list of all the nations that have ever left the NPO and will be hunted down and destroyed in the future.

I also have logs to prove it:

<Cow> So have you got the EV list ready?

<GenericEvilIO> Yes Sir, the list with all the nations that have ever left the NPO

<Cow> Good, if we're going to hunt them down, we're going to need that list

<Cow> Keep it secret though, if anyone finds out, it will be a PR nightmare, and our legions of adoring fans will leave us

;)

DUDE!!!!! OPSEC!!!

Who's "you guys?"

When have I said that the war isn't over? That's what I've been trying to say all along. War's over, just not done. And again, don't expect them to be taking the terms for a long, long time.

In my opinion, individual surrenders are just bull. They're the same to me as dropping a treaty in war-time; you made a commitment to fight when you signed that piece of paper or when you joined that alliance, and you should be expected to honor that to the end, end of story. Dropping in the middle is just... )): If you have grievances with the people you're defending, you should have either done so well beforehand or wait until after.

Also, lol at vengeful moo logs.

DUDE!!!!! OPSEC!!!

[shouting]I don't care! For some reason now I hate you all, the people who have aided me and been nice to me, I now see it was a trick beacuse the NPO is evil, evil I tells ye![/shouting]

Now I will join a karma alliance and try to destroy my ex-friends, but it's ok, all the other deserters are doing it, because the NPO lost the game, you see, because they won, right? Ziggy-what-ever-his-name is said so.

Who's "you guys?"

When have I said that the war isn't over? That's what I've been trying to say all along. War's over, just not done. And again, don't expect them to be taking the terms for a long, long time.

You guys is everyone who's been blaring that same line over and over again, thinking that the alliances on the front of NPO will break down without getting their objective achieved. If they won't take the terms that's fine too, they're just delaying the inevitable.

I do fear leaving, but not because the NPO will come after me but because its my home and has been for

almost two years. And I fear that I won't find any place like the NPO.

Edited by kevin32891

i think all that this thread proves is that Moo really should have been quicker to jump on the original Karma offer instead of Pinging out.

maybe they still would have kept their sanction.

oh well 20/20 hindsight i guess

Everyone in their right mind knows those negotiations were a farce. They just wanted to do the same thing they accused us to have done to OV.