An Announcement from the NPO Imperial Clerk

You ditched Athens while they were helping pay off your debts? I'm sure they appreciate that. True class.

I have already paid back Athens in full. I have no debt to any alliance at the moment.

I will go further into this if you like via private channels, but not here.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already paid back Athens in full. I have no debt to any alliance at the moment.

I will go further into this if you like via private channels, but not here.

I don't think anyone considers you worth the diplomatic effort, sorry to say.

So, what do you think of this here wonderful article of satire? It's a wonderful example, in my opinion. Don't you agree?

I don't think anyone considers you worth the diplomatic effort, sorry to say.

So, what do you think of this here wonderful article of satire? It's a wonderful example, in my opinion. Don't you agree?

Yes, I greatly enjoyed the OP. This is one of the big things I want to see from NPO. One of the reasons why I leaned anti-NPO after I left them was that their OWF threads were generally devoid of humanity, and self-serving, etc.. while TWiP was greatly entertaining.

If NPO is putting out entertaining articles to win over some hearts and minds it's working, at least from some of the replies I've seen in this thread, and from my own perception.

If NPO is putting out entertaining articles to win over some hearts and minds it's working, at least from some of the replies I've seen in this thread, and from my own perception.

Thank god for you, then. I can see that the OP's mission is complete.

It's like looking into the eyes of ChairmanHal...and instead of a bright light...

My God...It's full of feathers....And quacking.

Edited by Chron

Thank the gods for you, then. I can see that the OP's mission is complete.

It's like looking into the eyes of ChairmanHal...and instead of a bright light...

My Gods...It's full of feathers....And quacking.

Corrected your statement.

I like ChairmanHal.

Thank you for the kind words :)

Edited by Sileath

Corrected your statement.

I like ChairmanHal.

Thank you for the kind words :)

Mind if I ask why you decided to traumatize my sentence in such a disfiguring and provocative manner?

I don't really get the reference.

Edited by Chron

[OOC]I'm a Hellenic polytheist in real life[/ooc]

I'd like to see this thread and this war represent a new chapter in the history of NPO, where they come as an competitor instead of as a hegemon.

The problem with competitors is that someone eventually becomes number one, isn't it? Whats next, for those who are beaten? Jumping ship and going to the victor?

The competition is its own reward. It requires self-betterment in order to remain relevant.

For a long time, NPO was #1, not by a little, but by a lot. They had no reason to improve. Now, they're what, #9? They now must compete with the other top alliances for allies and PR. This results in superior allianceship from all parties, and I look forward to this post-war period.

The competition is its own reward. It requires self-betterment in order to remain relevant.

For a long time, NPO was #1, not by a little, but by a lot. They had no reason to improve. Now, they're what, #9? They now must compete with the other top alliances for allies and PR. This results in superior allianceship from all parties, and I look forward to this post-war period.

So I guess you could say that even now, you still hold some love for the NPO?

So I guess you could say that even now, you still hold some love for the NPO?

Of course. They were my first alliance, and taught me about the cyberverse. I greatly value the time I spent there.

I strongly oppose the destruction/disbandment of NPO as I consider them to be a great alliance. I really hope they change some of the ways they do business in order to regain the respect of the global citizenry.

Of course. They were my first alliance, and taught me about the cyberverse. I greatly value the time I spent there.

I strongly oppose the destruction/disbandment of NPO as I consider them to be a great alliance. I really hope they change some of the ways they do business in order to regain the respect of the global citizenry.

The disbandment of the NPO isn't a goal for KARMA, just the destruction to their nations. :P And also, good luck in the MHA, Sileath. :blush:

The NPO always manage to bring us back to heel. :(

We're no strangers to love

You know the rules and so do I

A full commitment's what I'm thinking of

You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling

Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and desert you

Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

We've known each other for so long

Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it

Inside we both know what's been going on

We know the game and we're gonna play it

And if you ask me how I'm feeling

Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and desert you

Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

What more needs to be said, our love is so strong. :blush:

I wish I knew why Athens, a tiny speckle of an alliance at 2.5 million strength seems to be the the centre of attention in this war. It is getting strange.

Self-fulfilling prophecy, really. You are sort of like the little kid who is king of the playground because his big brother is around.

Thank you for the tabloid, Sir Paul. I have already relayed my opinions on the Hal hypothesis to others in private. Let's just say that, had someone other than Professor Hal said it, we wouldn't have laughed so much.

Thank you for the tabloid, Sir Paul. I have already relayed my opinions on the Hal hypothesis to others in private. Let's just say that, had someone other than Professor Hal said it, we wouldn't have laughed so much.

I too know the history, posiblities, and suffer from the same affliction, but CN is the mob, and to paraphrase Jerry Holkins, the Tabloid Tribune is a wheel of misfortune, which will tomorrow land on someone else and the rest of the wheel gets to laugh for their amusement.

Sure you left us on your own terms. :rolleyes:
Haha, I remember that thread, good times.

He has gotten run out of how many alliances now? At least three; that's a pretty solid repertoire if I do say so myself.

Anyway, I greatly enjoyed the article and hope that there are plenty more to come. It's good to see that NPO can make fun of itself and the situation.

I strongly oppose the destruction/disbandment of NPO as I consider them to be a great alliance.

I also opposite the total annihilation of NPO, but for different reasons, perhaps.

I really hope they change some of the ways they do business in order to regain the respect of the global citizenry.

I totally agree with this. I think that Pacifica can really contribute to making this (OOC) game (OOC) fun, if they make some revisions to their modus operandi. Imagine how boring Planet Bob would be if everyone had the same opinions?

Jeez Sileath, why are you leaving a join alliance after alliance?

Sometimes it is difficult to find a new home after spending a long period of time in an alliance you love. You have to test them out, and then you find one that really suits you.

Even with the two ODP's Athens and MHA share, I consider the MHA to be great friends. :P Just don't make them facepalm to much k? :wub:

We are #1 on membership, so we have an abundance of faces to palm with.

But going back OT, I also believe that forcing an alliance to disband is a great disservice to the game - a lot of RL money is splashed out on building some alliances to where they are; people seem to forget that.