An Announcement from the NPO Imperial Clerk

:ph34r:

They lied to you.....those are actually buffalo patties.....which I love. However, I don't believe I can eat that much cholesteror and saturated fats in one sitting. So, care to split it with me?

Sure, but we'll have to go to the sekrit cupcakery compound to share with the other cupcakers. I know Delta absolutely loves these burgers, though strange they're buffalo patties. Next time I'll drop beef patties for you, Hoo must have changed my order )):

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like this?

xga6g0.jpg

Or this?

11sdx10.jpg

Way better than TWiP.

Awesome work, Paul. :awesome:

I get sarcasm and satire, but those images are actually just insulting. The article in the OP seemed pretty forced, which didn't make it funny to me. But it was a nice effort I guess.

Someday, it is my hope that, perhaps even some training, people will learn to separate a thread about the hypothetical aftermath of the war from a thread reporting facts. Informed speculation is just that, informed speculation.

Indeed, had anyone of those snickering at my expense had bothered to do more than just glance at my words, they would have realized that while I put the possibility of NPO joining Frostbite (or least being allied with them) in a longer speculative piece regarding NPO's future, I also placed a number of qualifications on it (such as...NPO would even exist). I also indicated that it would be a bad idea.

But instead we get this group that seems to naturally fall into the usual routine of pointing and laughing at someone when they say something that falls outside the rules of the "social club".

Let it drop. You're boring the hell out of me.

You came up with a stupid idea, and people told you it was stupid. It had nothing to do with any kind of social clubs... All the qualifications and excuses in the world wont take a stupid idea and make it reasonable. Plus it displayed your total ignorance of what Frostbite is which doesn't help your "argument" much at all.

So sack up, take the hit to your ego, and move on.

:ph34r:

Again, since some people just don't get the concept of a tabloid, even with Sponge's excellent explanation.

Tabloid = sarcasm = not meant to be taken seriously.

Honestly, if some of you could just get over your serious political selves for a moment, you might actually laugh. And if not, you would recognize a tabloid for what it is. Unless, of course, you can only laugh along party lines.

And if creating satire means that Pacifica has not learned her lesson, then I guess she has not. Sir Paul is back and this is only the beginning of another great chapter in the history of the Tabloid Tribune.

Someday, it is my hope that, perhaps even some training, people will learn to separate a thread about the hypothetical aftermath of the war from a thread reporting facts. Informed speculation is just that, informed speculation.

Indeed, had anyone of those snickering at my expense had bothered to do more than just glance at my words, they would have realized that while I put the possibility of NPO joining Frostbite (or least being allied with them) in a longer speculative piece regarding NPO's future, I also placed a number of qualifications on it (such as...NPO would even exist). I also indicated that it would be a bad idea.

But instead we get this group that seems to naturally fall into the usual routine of pointing and laughing at someone when they say something that falls outside the rules of the "social club".

Let it drop. You're boring the hell out of me.

Man. Even I can't take myself this seriously.

While it may seem inconceivable for the Order to join a treaty with these four alliances, the move actually makes perfect sense: they've all worked together before, they all have a common ancestry, and they all are mistrustful of the Dutch.

Now that disappoints me. :(

Heh, good read, would read again.

We will not impose draconian terms.

Now THAT's some real news. It is almost like reading a story where a politician did NOT cheat on his wife lol... :lol1:

And, this was a great read... tabloids are the bomb it is here where the REAL world events take place. Trust newspapers if you like as for me, in my nuclear bunker with my AM radio, tabloids are the only read. :nuke:

Edited by Leviathon

That's quite alright, but don't push your luck. I'll be watching.

dutchdestroyers.jpg

A classic to be sure. That really takes me back.

We Sith are also very distrusting of the Dutch. What with their wooden shoes and windmills, and...............well you get the idea.