Beer review number 2, FinsterBaby

1. Yuengling Tradtional Lager (http://www.yuengling.com)

history_lager.jpg

Only available on the East Coast of the US. Yuengling Lager is simply among the best beers available in the US, hands down. It's a medium colored beer, but not cloudy. Has a nice taste and isn't as bitter as your other beers (Buttwiper comes to mind). They use a roasted caramel malt, and you can taste it when you drink the beer. It's pretty standard alcohol wise (4.4%), but it doesn't smack you till you've had about a dozen or so. Hands down, the best tasting beer I've had in the US. It's a shame they can't/won't distribute nationally. You'd love this beer, trust me.

2. Brooklyn Lager (http://www.brooklynbrewery.com)

Ok, you've gotten the impression I like lager style beers. Yep, I sure do. I drank this beer almost as much as I drank Yuengling when I lived in New Jersey. This is another medium colored beer, maybe a little lighter in color than Yuengling. It's also a touch more potent (5.2%). If you can't get Yuengling, and this one is available, then have one (or 5)

3. Carolina Pale Ale (http://ww.carolinabrew.com)

cpa.gif

Here's a change of pace, an Ale. And quite the good one, I might add. I was only recently introduced to this fine beverage, and I'm glad I was. It's not nearly as heavy as Yuengling or Brooklyn Lager, but its certainly no whimp either. Puts Buttwiper to shame. More on the bitter side, but not horrible. I had it with a steak last night and I wasn't disappointed. If you're in North Carolina, and are offered, have one. :)

4. Boddingtons Pub Ale (no website that I could find)

A change of pace. Another ale tho. I was introduced to this beer at an Irish Pub in Durham, NC (Yeah I know, there's irish in NC???) It was opening week during St. Patty's day, and I had gotten sick of poorly poured Guinness, so I asked for this on a whim. I was pleasantly surpised. Pours similar to a Guinness, but is not the "Meal in a glass" that Guinness is. It's light, slightly bitter, and it goes down easy. I bought the can, which is similar to Guinness in a can (has that charge that carbonizes the beer when you open it) and I am semi-convinced it's better that way than on tap, at least in the US. 4.7% alcohol = typical. From what I've read (looking for links and pics) this beer, which is listed as Boddingtons Bitter in the UK, is different here than it is there. Don't know if that's good or not, but makes sense to me.

5. Eichbaum Ureich (http://www.eichbaum.de/Eichbaum/index2.php)

IM663012.gif

This beer is only available in Mannheim and Heidelberg, Germany (Baden-Württemberg - Hi Sam!). My time in the US Army had me stationed in Mannheim. When I got there, I was introduced to this Pilsner beer. I was like "ick" when I first tried it, but it grew on me tremendously. Light in color, and on the bitter side, but certainly not a heavy beer, It is definately one of the better local brews in Germany, and I've had several. In fact, a friend of mine went to Heidelberg recently, and asked what he could bring back for me - I told him Eichbaum. They make several varieties. This one is the "basic" however, I'd also highly recommend their Hefeweissen variety as well. Good stuff. They also make a variety call "Apostulator" which is ~13% alcohol - this one will smack you silly.

BONUS:

You FARKers tout Bacon. Pfft.

You've never had Taylor Ham (also known as pork roll). Puts bacon to shame. Don't get me wrong, there are days when all I want are bacon and eggs, heavy on the bacon please, however, this hunk of science project, only available, it seems, in New Jersey, is just as good. Slice it as thin/thick as you want. Fries up in no time, and isn't as messy as bacon. Goes good on a bagel or hard roll with egg and cheese(affectionately known in NJ as a heart attack on a bun), and it can stand alone with any type of eggs, pancakes (syrup makes it even more tasty), french toast, what have you.

CAN YOU QUOTE THAT SECTION OF THE ARTICLE BECAUSE I STILL DON'T SEE THE REASON :awesome:

i must ask, are you HERE TO HAVE FUN?

Also, mmmm BACON!

Oh, and because you asked so nicely

Article 10.

As additional reparations for their larger involvement in the war, the following leaders of IRON; FinsterBaby, Shan Revan, Peron, Griffon, MCRABT, Matt Miller, Grizz Goose, Krash, and bay102174 are required to conduct a thorough evaluation of at least five beers. Any member of the IRON leadership with a weak liver, insufficient age, or other impediment to a proper evaluation of said suds may instead conduct a similar study of at least three variations of bacon. Their final report must be submitted to Pope Rodger, Squirrel of Farkistan to be published in the CyberNations Forums within 30 days of the signing of this agreement. Any evaluation of a malted beverage that contains the word "light", "lite", or "ultra" will be considered a crime against humanity and said evaluator shall submit to public ridicule until this matter is forgotten.

BONUS:

You've never had Taylor Ham (also known as pork roll). Puts bacon to shame. Don't get me wrong, there are days when all I want are bacon and eggs, heavy on the bacon please, however, this hunk of science project, only available, it seems, in New Jersey, is just as good. Slice it as thin/thick as you want. Fries up in no time, and isn't as messy as bacon. Goes good on a bagel or hard roll with egg and cheese(affectionately known in NJ as a heart attack on a bun), and it can stand alone with any type of eggs, pancakes (syrup makes it even more tasty), french toast, what have you.

This is so true....

I've never found a place outside NJ that makes pork roll + egg and cheese on a bagel like they do down here in Central Jersey. XD

Dude, Bodingtons is excellent!!! "The Cream of Manchester! If your not a Manc, your a Wank!" :P

The first thing you'd notice about the beer is that you'll need to crack open the can before opening it all the way. Its under such a pressure to maintain its creaminess that it tends to spray out a bit. Pour it into a glass. It pours excellently, producing an upside down waterfall to give it its rich, creamy head. Enjoy it cold, as it says on the can! I'd recommend that all of you try Bodingtons. It is a bit bitter, but the creaminess completely makes up for it. Drink a few and you'll be feeling nice and cheeky.

1. Yuengling Tradtional Lager (http://www.yuengling.com)

history_lager.jpg

Only available on the East Coast of the US. Yuengling Lager is simply among the best beers available in the US, hands down. It's a medium colored beer, but not cloudy. Has a nice taste and isn't as bitter as your other beers (Buttwiper comes to mind). They use a roasted caramel malt, and you can taste it when you drink the beer. It's pretty standard alcohol wise (4.4%), but it doesn't smack you till you've had about a dozen or so. Hands down, the best tasting beer I've had in the US. It's a shame they can't/won't distribute nationally. You'd love this beer, trust me.

2. Brooklyn Lager (http://www.brooklynbrewery.com)

Ok, you've gotten the impression I like lager style beers. Yep, I sure do. I drank this beer almost as much as I drank Yuengling when I lived in New Jersey. This is another medium colored beer, maybe a little lighter in color than Yuengling. It's also a touch more potent (5.2%). If you can't get Yuengling, and this one is available, then have one (or 5)

cpa.gif

Here's a change of pace, an Ale. And quite the good one, I might add. I was only recently introduced to this fine beverage, and I'm glad I was. It's not nearly as heavy as Yuengling or Brooklyn Lager, but its certainly no whimp either. Puts Buttwiper to shame. More on the bitter side, but not horrible. I had it with a steak last night and I wasn't disappointed. If you're in North Carolina, and are offered, have one. :)

4. Boddingtons Pub Ale (no website that I could find)

A change of pace. Another ale tho. I was introduced to this beer at an Irish Pub in Durham, NC (Yeah I know, there's irish in NC???) It was opening week during St. Patty's day, and I had gotten sick of poorly poured Guinness, so I asked for this on a whim. I was pleasantly surpised. Pours similar to a Guinness, but is not the "Meal in a glass" that Guinness is. It's light, slightly bitter, and it goes down easy. I bought the can, which is similar to Guinness in a can (has that charge that carbonizes the beer when you open it) and I am semi-convinced it's better that way than on tap, at least in the US. 4.7% alcohol = typical. From what I've read (looking for links and pics) this beer, which is listed as Boddingtons Bitter in the UK, is different here than it is there. Don't know if that's good or not, but makes sense to me.

5. Eichbaum Ureich (http://www.eichbaum.de/Eichbaum/index2.php)

IM663012.gif

This beer is only available in Mannheim and Heidelberg, Germany (Baden-Württemberg - Hi Sam!). My time in the US Army had me stationed in Mannheim. When I got there, I was introduced to this Pilsner beer. I was like "ick" when I first tried it, but it grew on me tremendously. Light in color, and on the bitter side, but certainly not a heavy beer, It is definately one of the better local brews in Germany, and I've had several. In fact, a friend of mine went to Heidelberg recently, and asked what he could bring back for me - I told him Eichbaum. They make several varieties. This one is the "basic" however, I'd also highly recommend their Hefeweissen variety as well. Good stuff. They also make a variety call "Apostulator" which is ~13% alcohol - this one will smack you silly.

BONUS:

Boddington's is owned by InBev, the same ones that own A-B. Also I can agree I thoroughly enjoyed it when I first tried it.

cpa.gif

Did not expect this. I go to this brewery for their tour nearly once a month. Except it really isn't a tour for me anymore, more like a challenge to see how many pints I can slam. +1