Beer review number 2, FinsterBaby

5. Eichbaum Ureich (http://www.eichbaum.de/Eichbaum/index2.php)

IM663012.gif

This beer is only available in Mannheim and Heidelberg, Germany (Baden-Württemberg - Hi Sam!). My time in the US Army had me stationed in Mannheim. When I got there, I was introduced to this Pilsner beer. I was like "ick" when I first tried it, but it grew on me tremendously. Light in color, and on the bitter side, but certainly not a heavy beer, It is definately one of the better local brews in Germany, and I've had several. In fact, a friend of mine went to Heidelberg recently, and asked what he could bring back for me - I told him Eichbaum. They make several varieties. This one is the "basic" however, I'd also highly recommend their Hefeweizen variety as well. Good stuff. They also make a variety call "Apostulator" which is ~13% alcohol - this one will smack you silly.

OOC:

+1 For the correct spelling of Baden-Württemberg :D

/ FYI: it's Hefeweizen

If you want I send you some however I personally think that there are brews especially in Baden-Württemberg.

Taylor ham is good but Canadian Back Bacon > Taylor Ham

MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor Ham > all other breakfast meats!!!

4fbb64ec.jpg

Hey Fin!

Come on over! I made breakfast!

Edited by Krash

Yuengling is mainly what i drink for home mass consumption, its a very good beer and you forgot the most important part, its cheap.

I'm talking less than 10 for a 12 pack. I could pay almost 10 for a 6 pack of other beers I like.

I typically down about 2-3 12 packs a weekend.

MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor Ham > all other breakfast meats!!!

4fbb64ec.jpg

Hey Fin!

Come on over! I made breakfast!

Dang Krash, I am going to have to take a flight over to your house for one of those ... Taylor Ham looks grub'n (and nice bottle of 8-Ball ya got sit'n there glisten'n)

Fin one of these days I will need to get out to the, dare I say, East coast (oh I got shivers) to get myself a Yuengling.

Edited by Grizz Goose

Yuengling is good for the price, but it's hardly one of the greatest beers. It's just a cut above domestic lights for the same price.

Pork roll is the most amazing breakfast sandwich meat in the world. Bacon has it's uses, but for breakfast, pork roll all the way. Great surrender term btw.

Yuengling is good for the price, but it's hardly one of the greatest beers. It's just a cut above domestic lights for the same price.

This sums up my opinion of Yuengling exactly... then again I've been spoiled by the Rogue and McMenamin Breweries here on the West Coast (also not to discount Deschutes and Rock bottom and Bridgeport and all the other great microbrews here).

Also: Krash, I'm loving the 40 of OE with breakfast.

:awesome: