Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

No, but our relationship with them is important, and when they're under surrender terms isn't an appropriate time to discuss it with them.

And there are other factors at work that you don't know anything about, that I'm not going to go into here.

I look forward to the unveiling of Invicta's level 9 plane badge.

Edit: Goddamnit, WC beat me to the GGA joke :(

Edited by Revanche

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because it clearly would make more sense for a nation at ZI with built-in improvements, wonders, and a stable trade circle ....to re-roll...Jesus, learn the game mechanincs.

He's in GGA. You know the rest, they're all incompetent, which is why they always get smashed every single time they fight.

Let me make this suggestion: If the *idea* of NPO is more important than the nations of NPO, NPO should disband or go guerrilla. The idea of NPO will live on and on and on: it will always be what it once was. If NPO surrenders, the idea of NPO will die. It will not be what it once was.

Nice try. Your worlds sound clean until you take a minute to think about how ridiculous the logic behind what you're saying really is.

By disbanding and giving up, the final memory that the NPO will leave behind will be their defeat; "they chose to disband rather than face hardships" we will say. The only option would be to mount a continuous guerrilla war against Karma until Karma gives up the fight.

It's okay though, don't be mad. They wouldn't have listened to you anyway.

Yes, because it clearly would make more sense for a nation at ZI with built-in improvements, wonders, and a stable trade circle ....to re-roll...Jesus, learn the game mechanincs.

The GGA is strong with him.

Not that that's an excuse or anything, but it provides at least a partial reason.

I haven't been playing this game long, and I am neutral with respect to both sides in this war. But I don't see how anyone can continue to claim the moral high ground if they insist on such harsh terms as these. Demanding more blood for peace is the height of cruelty.

Edited by Ignis

Nice try. Your worlds sound clean until you take a minute to think about how ridiculous the logic behind what you're saying really is.

By disbanding and giving up, the final memory that the NPO will leave behind will be their defeat; "they chose to disband rather than face hardships" we will say. The only option would be to mount a continuous guerrilla war against Karma until Karma gives up the fight.

It's okay though, don't be mad. They wouldn't have listened to you anyway.

I was thinking of all the \m/ threads, actually... true, \m/ went out under entirely different circumstances and it's not my intention to derail this thread...

Continuous guerrilla war is cool, though. Glad to see some support from that in the community of nations.

I haven't been playing this game long, and I am neutral with respect to both sides in this war. But I don't see anyone can continue to claim the moral high ground if they insist on such harsh terms as these. Demanding more blood for peace is the height of cruelty.

If you want peace, break your enemies' legs so they can't make war. ;)

Can you please name some tougher terms, somewhere back in the history of Planet Bob?

There have been some terms with viceroys, decommission of militairy wonders, decomission of factories, forced color change to pink, mostly done by the NPO.

If you want peace, break your enemies' legs so they can't make war. ;)

Karma's pulling a Pacifica. Eventually, they too will anger enough people to spark the anti-Karma movement.

You break enough legs, they start hitting you with their canes.

I haven't been playing this game long, and I am neutral with respect to both sides in this war. But I don't see how anyone can continue to claim the moral high ground if they insist on such harsh terms as these. Demanding more blood for peace is the height of cruelty.

You haven't seen or heard of half the stuff they've done. If you knew or have had it done to you, these terms wouldn't be enough. To me, they aren't.

Still havent finished the thread, but theres a few posts, well more than a few but Ill keep it to a minimum, that I had to lol at.

I see you missed the point of the post by going for the "OMG warchests" defence. We still have to pay out way more tech than we'll have, and quite a lot of us will have to do it from near-bill lock status.

The thing about warchests is that they get depleted at war. 1/3 of those nations already have depleted or near-depleted warchests. How big do you think that figure will be in 2 weeks?

But I can see why the "OMG warchests" defence is so popular; seeing as it is not a public figure people could check up, you can point out 5 nations that have large war chests and make everyone think that the other 175 are in a similar position. Control of information is crucial for your propaganda.

But carry on thinking we can twist the laws of the universe.

And please, next time you respond to my posts don't pick the last line and ignore all the rest. It is a good tactic propaganda-wise, but it is also boring.

Umm, how about your top 50? Thats a tad more than 5. Also, If you look at the OP, Moo admits that the terms were to be re-evaluated by Karma after the war period, and NPO's ability to pay would be taken into consideration at that point. Which means IF NPO was totally decimated in terms of warchests being depleted, that the terms may be lightened at that point. No one seems to mention that part though.

Unlike in most other alliances that 15 days is in collections, not bills.

15 days collections? LMAO. I keep 15-18 days worth of collection just for my improvement swapping, thats not including my warchest. !5 days bills or collections is a pitiful warchest and if thats all the NPO had I can see now why they were so pissed off that OV might have that info.

3-500 million is nowhere near enough to fight and WIN 3v1s for any other than the shortest of time periods. Considering the 14 day clock doesn't start until after 90% of the alliance is out of peacemode - which could be 3 days or 3 weeks - makes this a less than simple calculation. Several hundred million is not going to last 3-5 weeks of 3v1s if the nation is actually trying to win.

They are not expected to "win". They are expected to defend, thats all they have to do and doing so for 14 days will not deplete billion dollar warchests.

As much as we maybe overstayed our welcome by about a few weeks. We elevated GATO to a position where they resigned their charter, build a court, a tech corps and saved and redesigned their culture showing us that democracy could be an effectiveness system of government for an alliance. Respect is there which is something as much as you say how evil we are will not go away.

So, what you're saying is you successfully indoctrinated them. Good show.

your a coward, calling you out specifically come find me ;)

this war has been a joy KARMA has been great about keeping our WC filled and OMG i lost some pixel get over it, and stop such a bunch of silly sopz

What is your nation name? Please answer that is IF you are not a coward yourself. Although I dont expect an answer as you've already been gagged by your alliance.

har har har, lets watch a bunch of blind people build the dam dam, unfortunatly when Hawkenstein buidls its more like a blind idiots !@#$@#$ a goast building a harbor while screwing a phillips into a non-phillips while doing himself in the mirror.

edit: i have no high road I enjoy walking every day through karma !@#$ and taking all their money m uhahahahahaha

lol if your basing the NPO off of my posts then your embarass yourself, I'm embarassed enough by how much money you give me ;) seriously though you get too worked up homie find your center :)

lol, keep helping your cause buddy, just keep on posting. If you're lucky maybe you'll be made an honorary member of Karma, since your posts do nothing more then hurt NPO's chance of winning any PR that may be gained form this thread. Thanks!

We could just make the reps proportional to what Athens received in the aftermath of NoCB....oh and we paid them off without what you would classify as banks.

Londo busted his $@! to get you peace and you have publicly rebuked his efforts. I'll go nominate Xiphosis for the next round if you'd like.

Yeah or maybe we could let King Penchuk draw up the next set of terms, lol.

You do realize this is exactly what happened after WWI and WWII to Germany its quite insane to think that they will take these terms sitting down you might be looking at another war here if you make the terms a tad bit lighter. We might be looking at a war the likes the CN world has never seen and some alliances mainly the ones that came up with the terms might be displeased with the result. But what do I know I've only had to make a nation 3 times already and I did survive through a lot of the major wars as an NPO and a Legion (back when they were sanctioned and or respected) member.

The point here is History repeats itself and sometimes it takes one motivated enough person(s) to re-write it

[OOC] Thanks, way to help Karma's cause. By those lines of reasoning we should impose harsh terms. Lets make this comparison complete. GW1 = WW1 Karma war = WW2. Ok now what happened to Germany after WW2? They sure as hell didnt come back for revenge did they? Im pretty sure most of the Nazi leaders were tried and convicted of war crimes and punished quite severely. Some tried to leave their past behind and make news lives for themselves, annnnnnd they were hunted down and tried for war crimes. This would be the CN equivalent of PZI'ing all of NPO IO's.

Maybe we should try that, it seemed to work in RL. :P

So what were the original reps demanded by Karma? I'm sure everyone is dying to know. Or will they remain unknown/ethereal so you can change it at will, like the "crimes" of NPO. If Karma is essentially of one mind on punishing NPO, I would have thought they would have sat down and come up with a clear list of grievances if only for the P.R. benefits that a clear reasoned list would provide.

But that won't be answered so I guess I'm basically talking to myself with every post. Or i managed to get added to ignore status for several people.

Dude, you seem to be the one with the ignore button. You have been responded to directly, more than once, and given the list of crimes you so asked for. No one is buying your ignorance.

Karma's pulling a Pacifica. Eventually, they too will anger enough people to spark the anti-Karma movement.

You break enough legs, they start hitting you with their canes.

There's one problem with that theory. Karma wont exist to piss anyone off after the war is over. This is a one time deal, unlike NPO's 3 years of pissing people off it took before they banded together to put a stop to it.

I like the fact that a lot of CN players are temporary. The NPO can play the same tricks over and over again without being punished. The n00bishness of players is a "gift" that keeps on being given to the NPO.

The only reason these terms are so harsh is because NPO has had a long history of inflicting ridiculously harsh terms on alliances and because a considerable portion of KARMA is composed of nations that have experienced first hand said terms. It's only fitting that NPO be fed its own medicine and, moreso, that they're whining about the taste being bad.

Edited by Hydro

You haven't seen or heard of half the stuff they've done. If you knew or have had it done to you, these terms wouldn't be enough. To me, they aren't.

i have and i still think these terms are ridiculous and im in an alliance that had to pay some of the worst reps in CN history.

The only reason these terms are so harsh is because NPO has had a long history of inflicting ridiculously harsh terms on alliances and because a considerable portion of KARMA is composed of nations that have experienced first hand said terms. It's only fitting that NPO be fed its own medicine and, moreso, that they're whining about the taste being bad.

the funny part is a large portion of the karma coalition helped NPO take reps and even took some there selfs if i can recall correctly.