Ultimatum to Sparta

Hey guys this is really stupid. How about everyone declares peace and the sanctions get lifted and if you both want maybe you can exchange hollow apologies to make you feel better about it all. RV shouldn't have attacked back (or ghosted Pacific but if he didn't do these stupid things he wouldn't be RV) and Sparta shouldn't have sanctioned. Okay thanks go find something worthwhile to do like nuking the **** out of NPO or something.

This should be repeated over and over and over again.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me this post says it all, you changed your AA to an alliance who is at war with SEVEN other alliances, because you wanted your nation to be safe, now complain about been attacked.

So? What does it matter if you believe your attack upon me was justified or not? It does not change the fact that a Sparta member attacked me, so I therefore reserve the right to self-defense.

Ordering a sanction is viewed as an act of war.

I do believe the MHA prohibits its members from declaring war without authorization.

So sparta request the sanction MagicalBricks delivers and now its viewed as an act of MHA going to war. LOL thats getting worse than the crap NPO deliver

and quotes dont work in fast reply go figure

Edited by scutterbug

For me this post says it all, you changed your AA to an alliance who is at war with SEVEN other alliances, because you wanted your nation to be safe, now complain about been attacked.

And Sparta attacked.

And then somehow Sparta got it into their head that the nation they were attacking was a rogue who attacked them, and had him sanctioned by a senator who apparently doesn't answer to anyone.

So sparta request the sanction MagicalBricks delivers and now its viewed as an act of MHA going to war. LOL thats getting worse than the crap NPO deliver.

An MHA member committed an act of war against RV. Yea. That's how it works.

Also, this thread is absolutely hilarious. It's terrible for RV's trade partners (I don't think RV himself is too hurt by the damage) and a terrible move by Sparta, but I'm sure this won't be the last time we see newly unbridled alliances fumbling.

So sparta request the sanction MagicalBricks delivers and now its viewed as an act of MHA going to war. LOL thats getting worse than the crap NPO deliver

Sanctions are not a thing taken lightly under any circumstances, and this discussion clearly illustrates. If you allow your members to go about issuing sanctions without any approval or consultation with the MHA government prior, well, then I am afraid MHA may wish to review the way in which it operates, because such leniency and giving general members such authority will only cause you problems in the future.

So sparta request the sanction MagicalBricks delivers and now its viewed as an act of MHA going to war. LOL thats getting worse than the crap NPO deliver.

I don't think that is what was meant. I believe that the implication was that since Magicalbricks sanctioned RV while wearing the MHA tag, it was appropriate to wonder/ask/request information on whether MHA was involved in the sanction at all. It appears that MHA is not responsible for the sanction in that they did not request it. However, most alliances view sanctioning an act of war. Which to some, would make magicalbricks a rogue. This is sort of a gray area. Maybe some private dialogue will get this cleared up.

Edited by empirica

I'm very pro-MHA so I'm not trying to be critical here..

There's oodles of precedent that nuclear rogues get sanctioned. For a non-nuke non-rogue to get sanctioned.. its kind of odd.

And like someone pointed out, for a Black alliance to get a member of an Aqua alliance to sanction someone on the Blue team with no real precedent.. plus that screwed over RV's 5 trade partners.

Can you see why some people are having a hard time with that?

Er, no...sanctions are an act of war. They pretty much always have been since they were introduced into the game. If your member nation commits an act of war while flying your affiliation, you'd better be ready to deal with the consequences.

EDIT: Forgot half my post, here.

Edited by Ebony Wings

See here's the thing about being in an alliance - the things you do tend to reflect back upon the alliance. If Ski11585 started sanctioning people left and right, it would be viewed as an act of war by Polaris, because that's his alliance. Same with Raunchero and MCXA. And yes, same with Magicalbricks and MHA. It's certainly not a friendly act toward the nations on blue this affected. How about those people? Doesn't MHA have any concern over the number of blue team trades their member destroyed today? This didn't only affect Rebel Virginia. I don't think you realize the gravity of the situation or you wouldn't be joking around and deflecting very valid criticisms of Magicalbricks.

Thanks for that, sheds a bit more light on the situation. Still, I will await a statement from a Spartan Official themselves(that is if they make one). I'm not saying this is completely unbelieveable, but I prefer (and I'm sure others do also) to hear things directly from the horses mouth, so to speak.

But thank you for posting that info.

Well Spartans have been defending the action through out the entire thread, including some Spartan government. Does that count?

I'm very pro-MHA so I'm not trying to be critical here..

There's oodles of precedent that nuclear rogues get sanctioned. For a non-nuke non-rogue to get sanctioned.. its kind of odd.

And like someone pointed out, for a Black alliance to get a member of an Aqua alliance to sanction someone on the Blue team with no real precedent.. plus that screwed over RV's 5 trade partners.

Can you see why some people are having a hard time with that?

I can what i cant see is why the silly trolls are deciding to have fun ripping into my post when im the only gov representative on and had to do something to clarify our position in the meantime. Whatever happens to MagicalBricks internally will be internal and we can always post a thread later publically condoning or w/e but thats not my call to make therefore i cannot state it.

Next time maybe i should ignore this and let everybody think we just ignore everything our membership does and dont really give a monkeys how the public of planet bob view us.

I can what i cant see is why the silly trolls are deciding to have fun ripping into my post when im the only gov representative on and had to do something to clarify our position in the meantime. Whatever happens to MagicalBricks internally will be internal and we can always post a thread later publically condoning or w/e but thats not my call to make therefore i cannot state it.

Next time maybe i should ignore this and let everybody think we just ignore everything our membership does and dont really give a monkeys how the public of planet bob view us.

Making the world wait and releasing a competent statement is by far preferable to what actually happened here.

I can't thank thank RV enough for how enlightening this thread has been to me in regard to CN politics.

Within hours a joke thread has been turned into a tempest of bad PR for Sparta, then MHA, like a bad smell wrapped in a winters wind, comes in and steps on their own ween via preemptive denial of culpability for their own members actions.

I've learned by far more about politics in this thread than any other.

To state that RV's attack against the other Spartan nation, along with The Galactic Republic attacks, were in self defense, is just far-fetched at best. Those attacks were RV picking on nations half his size in order to continue his jokes. The only way that he could warrant a self-defense claim is if he were to attack back against Slovenis, who by all accounts and according to the majority's opinion, attacked him justly.

The sanction may have been overkill, and it is not my place to state my opinion on that matter, but it is completely false to say that Sparta's actions were the first true act of aggression. RV instigated this matter, he escalated it, and Sparta responded.

Well Spartans have been defending the action through out the entire thread, including some Spartan government. Does that count?

Not really, there's been no confirmation as to it being authorised by Spartan govt. They may be glad someone took him down a peg for taking the mickey, that doesn't mean it was ordered.

The only confirmation we've had is from magicalbricks PM to ES, so it does seem likely that Sparta issued it, but we have no proof until someone with the authority to do so comes forward and confirms it.

Until then I will remain skeptical, I'm not about to go stating how awful it is of Sparta to order this sanction if there is no concrete evidence that they actually did so to begin with.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

a member of your alliance commited an act of war and your alliance condones it. You do the math.

To state that RV's attack against the other Spartan nation, along with The Galactic Republic attacks, were in self defense, is just far-fetched at best. Those attacks were RV picking on nations half his size in order to continue his jokes. The only way that he could warrant a self-defense claim is if he were to attack back against Slovenis, who by all accounts and according to the majority's opinion, attacked him justly.

The sanction may have been overkill, and it is not my place to state my opinion on that matter, but it is completely false to say that Sparta's actions were the first true act of aggression. RV instigated this matter, he escalated it, and Sparta responded.

No, Sparta declared war on me when it had its member attack me. As we are at war, I will fight back using all methods at my disposal. If that means attacking smaller nations in order to crush morale and get them to surrender, then so be it.

As for The Galactic Republic, they entered this when Cheyenne declared his support for Sparta. At least they have been sports about this though.

No, Sparta declared war on me when it had its member attack me. As we are at war, I will fight back using all methods at my disposal. If that means attacking smaller nations in order to crush morale and get them to surrender, then so be it.

As for The Galactic Republic, they entered this when Cheyenne declared his support for Sparta. At least they have been sports about this though.

Oh come on RV, we both know that was a very aggressive alliance affiliation change you made. You probably were growling when you did it.