Ultimatum to Sparta

I Sparta doesn't fix this soon, he alliances of the other trade partners effected by this should declare on Sparta for meddling in their economic interests. I bet Sparta fixes the problem then. They can't catch bad PR for too long before they try to stop it.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because this thread is a joke doesn't make sanctioning him justified.

I believe it was the fact that he attacked a second Spartan nation and was clearly trying to provoke us into a counter-attack so that he could go on about it here.

The entire war wasn't just about PZI/EZI as those were not the only dirty tricks used by Pacifica to keep the people they didn't like under their heels. Have you forgotten what happened when people like Vox Populi and New Reverie made honest runs in the Red Senate?

My response was to the person who accused us of using tactics that were apparently mild compared to NPO's tactics.

Wow, learn to read.

First you aren't on blue team

Second he isn't on blue team

Does it matter what team he's on? It's a secret trade, no happiness bonus. I had to switch of blue to make the thread happen, due to the sanction. Critical thinking, friend. Learn to love it.

You see, this is sort of a guide on how to assist downtrodden folks like myself through secret trading.

Hey guys this is really stupid. How about everyone declares peace and the sanctions get lifted and if you both want maybe you can exchange hollow apologies to make you feel better about it all. RV shouldn't have attacked back (or ghosted Pacific but if he didn't do these stupid things he wouldn't be RV) and Sparta shouldn't have sanctioned. Okay thanks go find something worthwhile to do like nuking the **** out of NPO or something.

I believe it was the fact that he attacked a second Spartan nation and was clearly trying to provoke us into a counter-attack so that he could go on about it here.

And? Stuff like that has happened almost weekly in CN since I started playing (admittedly with vox it was a bit of a lull) and I cannot recall a single similar situation in which someone was ever sanctioned.

Hey guys this is really stupid. How about everyone declares peace and the sanctions get lifted and if you both want maybe you can exchange hollow apologies to make you feel better about it all. RV shouldn't have attacked back (or ghosted Pacific but if he didn't do these stupid things he wouldn't be RV) and Sparta shouldn't have sanctioned. Okay thanks go find something worthwhile to do like nuking the **** out of NPO or something.

I like you. :P

Doitzel: Killing the lulz since 2006

Actually that wasn't my plan. My plan was for you to counter-attack. Then I was anarchy your newbies and boast about how great I am, in addition to mocking Sparta's military might (or lack thereof). You don't know me nearly as well as you think you do, and in acting on a misunderstanding of my character you have only opened an even greater door for me. Thank you, Sparta. I couldn't have done this to you without your invaluable assistance.

Also, Doitzel, this doesn't end until Sparta surrenders. They know what my terms are.

And? Stuff like that has happened almost weekly in CN since I started playing (admittedly with vox it was a bit of a lull) and I cannot recall a single similar situation in which someone was ever sanctioned.

We just like to break fresh ground... how do you guys know we're not just messing with RV back? ... People are so willing to assume the worst of everyone. Yikes.

Hey look!

It's some tasty bait, I just have to bite.

Awww he was only having a joke calm down Sparta, gosh you're just as bad as NPO doncha know. Maybe I'll have a joke one day, similar to this, I can almost guarantee the responses will be.

"This is no situation to be joking about, this is just really careless on your behalf, (insert alliance name here) is completely in their right to do this to you"

You want to know why I'll get that response? Because I'm not as important/well known as RV, that's the only reason any of you give a damn.

Also, has there been any official confirmation from Spartan Govt. that they ordered that sanction? Point me in the direction of a govt. member whom has the authority to do so saying; "We [sparta] requested that sanction"

I did think this was funny earlier, but both parties have blown this right out of the water.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

Your tactics aren't mild in comparison to Pacifica's; they're the same thing.

As I have already stated (and has Sparta has conveniently ignored)......

Also, I see what you're doing there. You're reminding everyone of how merciful you're being by not PZIing or EZIing me for this, and just sanctioning me. Like a six month war or so. At least it's not eternal, right? Yes, another classic NPO tactic you're utilizing, Sparta. Telling everyone how much worse it could be had you not held back your mighty hand. Keep it up Sparta, you have potential.

Saying that they're 'mild' in comparison to Pacifica is in fact Sparta softly threatening us with more abuse.

Also, has there been any official confirmation from Spartan Govt. that they ordered that sanction? Point me in the direction of a govt. member whom has the authority to do so saying; "We [sparta] requested that sanction"
I have confirmation that Spartan leadership did make that request.

We just like to break fresh ground... how do you guys know we're not just messing with RV back? ... People are so willing to assume the worst of everyone. Yikes.

I'll be more inclined to believe that when the sanction is lifted.

As I have already stated (and has Sparta has conveniently ignored)......

Saying that they're 'mild' in comparison to Pacifica is in fact Sparta softly threatening us with more abuse.

Wait so you ghost NPO, then attack them when you get attacked, and complain that they are going to not just give you 300M in peace terms, and therefore keep you in eternal war?

Please tell me I misunderstood the post I quoted (with your quote inside).

What is this crazy talk?As soon as i find my helmet someone will pay! There will be no survivors. You will be forced to watch the show (Im a celebrity get me outta here!) are any of those people really celebs? Oh theres my helmet, my mom gave me this if i lose it ill get my arse kicked.Ok what was i talking about? ummmm ill get back to ya :P

Alright, I will leave this here as it is obvious that people are trying very purposely to inflame this situation.

Rebel Virginia was ghosting NPO with whom we are in a state of war.

A Spartan attacked Rebel Virginia because he was ghosting NPO and we are attacking them.

Rebel Virginia posted a joke message asking for reparations from Sparta.

Rebel Virginia then attacked another spartan member randomly and continued to drum up attention about it.

Sparta had Rebel Virginia sanctioned for attacking a random Spartan member.

Those are the facts. Jokes are fine but attacking members of our alliance is not. RV was attacked because he purposely ghosted NPO which he knew would get him attacked. It was Rebel Virginia who attacked another random nation and took this beyond the level of a harmless joke. If we had attacked Rebel Virginia instead of sanctioning you don't think we'd be seeing the same whining?

What alliance would simply have allowed an uninvolved member to be attacked?

It's not that hard.

1) RV ghosts NPO. Okay.

2) Sparta, being at war with NPO, attacks him. Fine.

3) RV leaves NPO and offers lulzy terms. All right.

4) Sparta says "lol no". Sure.

5) RV attacks a Sparta nation. They did attack him first, so that's cool.

6) Sparta... Sanctions him? For one attack? Not even near nuke capable? Not cool.

Of course you should defend your member. Attack RV. But don't use sanctions for something like this.No one would whine if you attacked him. People aren't mad "because it's RV" or "because he was just kidding". Sanctioning RV wasn't wrong "because he's RV" or "because he was kidding". It was wrong because you don't sanction someone for a simple attack (especially when you attacked him first... Do you sanction evey NPOer who counterattacks?), and because, as Sponge pointed out (dammit Sponge sometimes you make it so hard to hate you), someone who isn't even in a Blue alliance anymore shouldn't still be sanctioning people on Blue anyway.

-Bama

Wait so you ghost NPO, then attack them when you get attacked, and complain that they are going to not just give you 300M in peace terms, and therefore keep you in eternal war?

Please tell me I misunderstood the post I quoted (with your quote inside).

We're not talking about the attacks. I was hoping for counter-attacks. This is now about the completely unnecessary sanction upon my nation. It cannot be allowed to stand.

I have confirmation that Spartan leadership did make that request.

May we see? Until it's shown then there's no evidence for this claim. I can easily send an aid package to someone claiming it's from NPO, or if I was a senator, sanction someone in the name of a certain alliance.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse