The Heart of Echelon

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this another alliance moaning because they're being expected to pay reps after LOSING a war?

Why should they? They have been both honourable and have given white peace in the past. Echelon is undeserving of any karma as well as any reps. They stand only with thier allies in these troubled time. Give them a break.

OOC: I swear to some divine spirit...

Why should they? They have been both honourable and have given white peace in the past. Echelon is undeserving of any karma as well as any reps. They stand only with thier allies in these troubled time. Give them a break.

OOC: I swear to some divine spirit...

Your so cheeky mykep! :P

Is this another alliance moaning because they're being expected to pay reps after LOSING a war?

No it's another alliance complaining that they're asked to do something other then white peace, after losing a war they initiated, which they tried to run away from it in the first place, but changed their minds after being trolled to hell.

Really? I mean, I'm fully pretend to admit that we (especially Xiph) were not exactly friendly. I mean, it's no secret that GOD and Echelon weren't on the best of terms even before open war broke out. There were also a number of issues we considered non-negotiable.

I had simply assumed that Echelon government hadn't made the logs available since they would seem to be a bit of a morale killer for you guys. If I had known I probably wouldn't have felt the need to PM the parties who were most hurt by the rejection of terms to let them know. Admittedly there was an agenda behind my phrasing, but I don't think I said anything untrue and certainly didn't do so knowingly.

GOD folks I really hate to be the ones to break this to you but maybe 2 members of Echelon even knew who you were before the war began.

We had not even gotten through discussing each clause of the proposed peace agreement before Xiphosis went into a tirade about our previous dishonors and such and delivered an ultimatum. If you're not ready to be serious about peace offers yet just say so instead of having ~15 alliances waste the effort and time it takes to have gov present from all the different alliances in one room.

I agree with Matt and support this message 100%.

Echelon has never acted uncivil or without honor. We expected the same from all our opponents, however its clear that we expected too much of GOD.

Don't go demanding pretentious things. Your judgment of honor is not valid beyond your own world view, and the moral high-ground does not belong to you.

GOD folks I really hate to be the ones to break this to you but maybe 2 members of Echelon even knew who you were before the war began.

I won't hesitate to point out that it's likely this kind of general membership ignorance that allowed Echelon's FA to pull such horrible moves in the past, and put them in the position they're in now losing a war to a bunch of alliances that seriously don't like them.

Echelon has never acted uncivil or without honor.

Orly now? Certain members of Echelon have a long history of acting uncivil and couldnt find honor with both hands and a flashlight. There are quotes already posted for those that require visual aids. The problem comes when an alliance allows its member to speak on their behalf and supports their actions by saying nothing. Thats been what many have come to expect from Echelon based on their past.

I will state that there are members I have found in Echelon that embody both civility and honor it those that I look forward to dealing with to find a resolution to this war.

its no lie that some players of this game have no sense of humor. That particular propaganda was made completely in fun and games, and never has Echelon ever published any propaganda formed with malice aforethought. Echelon has always acted with poise and honor and tried to stay on the right side of the line of whats appropriate and whats not appropriate. To compare NoFish's actions with that of Echelon's The Body Bag are like comparing poodles and great bernards. There is no comparision.

Regardless of what Echelon may have done in the past, we never sank to the levels of which NoFish did tonight, and besides, two wrongs never make a right, sinking down to their level makes you just as bad, etc. I can for one say that I'm very disappointed in NoFish's actions tonight and was saddened he stooped to this level.

So you're saying that a certain post was not wrong, but if it happend to be wrong, than two wrongs dont make a right? <--See I can speak backwards too!

No your thread was not funny and its intention was to insult me and the membership I represent. At least stand up and own it, to do otherwise is just sad.

Protip: We don't care if you know who we are or not.

After the propaganda you pulled this war, nofish did nothing.

but I guess when your echelon, Sexual remarks against alliance leaders is more respectful than informing your enemy's general membership what is going down.

Last year seems to long ago now, doesn't it.
*Fallen_Fool blinks

Seriously? Seriously?

What would you call leaving BLEU because you were offered a position in One Vision? What would you call signing a MADP with Polar in bad faith in an effort to remain neutral in a conflict you knew was inevitable, and then canceling said MADP after "Polar trolled your allies?"

That message speaks volumes about the Global Order of Darkness. How dare they allow individuals to surrender!
How is it better for Echelon that their smaller nations pay for the tech? 50 tech is still worth the same price no matter who's got it. Or do Echelon nations self-buy their own tech?

After paying the reps, those larger Echelon nations can just replenish their tech by buying from their smaller nations, either at cost or in a standard tech deal helping their comrades in recover in the process. The result would be the same wouldn't it?

Right because no alliance ever had the sheer nerve to offer individual surrender terms before just now!

Seriously, whats the news here? It's a PM asking for surrender..... and?

Congratulations! It gives me great displeasure to advise you all that you've missed the point (some of you multiple times!), however, just because it looks like you made an effort, I'm willing to let it slide. :)

And I have never paid too much attention to you Karma guys before, but having experienced such a warm welcome, I feel I should reciprocate -

Only now has your potential impact on the game become apparent; whereas I have never before been welcomed with such vigour by the NPO, IRON, or that underhanded hegemony-mob, you fill me with hope and promise. Your interest, faith and acceptance in the words I speak are indicative of a bright new era where tolerance and happiness, propagated by the likes of NSO, MK, Nemesis & all the rest, will consume Bob.

You people are a credit to and asset to this world, I commend you on your actions. Thank you. :)

I encourage you to seek me out in #wutwar if I've left you feeling unsatisfied.

Fair enough. Perhaps I should have said, "it's no secret that we didn't like you much even before you started shooting at us, even if you didn't bother to figure that out."

No your thread was not funny and its intention was to insult me and the membership I represent. At least stand up and own it, to do otherwise is just sad.

it's intention was to be funny AND insult you and the membership you represent as far as I could tell.

It was going to be the first in a series making fun of all the various alliances we were fighting but we just never got around to it unfortunately.

Congratulations! It gives me great displeasure to advise you all that you've missed the point (some of you multiple times!), however, just because it looks like you made an effort, I'm willing to let it slide. :)

And I have never paid too much attention to you Karma guys before, but having experienced such a warm welcome, I feel I should reciprocate -

Only now has your potential impact on the game become apparent; whereas I have never before been welcomed with such vigour by the NPO, IRON, or that underhanded hegemony-mob, you fill me with hope and promise. Your interest, faith and acceptance in the words I speak are indicative of a bright new era where tolerance and happiness, propagated by the likes of NSO, MK, Nemesis & all the rest, will consume Bob.

You people are a credit to and asset to this world, I commend you on your actions. Thank you. :)

1. I didn't misread the blatantly weak propaganda effort that is the OP.

2. Both NSO and I have never been part of Karma (Thank Admin).

3. I think the "new era" line is !@#$%^&*, and I've stated that numerous times.

Good luck, have fun, and please try again.

it's intention was to be funny AND insult you and the membership you represent as far as I could tell.

It was going to be the first in a series making fun of all the various alliances we were fighting but we just never got around to it unfortunately.

Good idea. I think there are two or three alliances out there that don't dislike Echelon yet, maybe you should target them instead and go for the sweep.

Your interest, faith and acceptance in the words I speak are indicative of a bright new era where tolerance and happiness, propagated by the likes of NSO, MK, Nemesis & all the rest, will consume Bob.

Personally, it gives me the warm fuzzies inside every time someone assures me that this 'new era' is apparently going to be ruled by MK. With our PIAT partners, Pacifica, by our sides, all shall bow before us.

Good idea. I think there are two or three alliances out there that don't dislike Echelon yet, maybe you should target them instead and go for the sweep.

Really? I underestimated the power of Echelon's charisma.

What do you mean?

I am merely attempting to clarify your post, not stop you from talking altogether. After all, I'm not a co-Director of Echelon. I don't disallow people from talking simply because I don't respect them :v:

Twisting words =/= Clarification. Clear enough? I'm not the only one you have done it to. You may be a lot of things, a great debater isn't one of them.

Confused. I don't see any dishonorable actions there, could just be me. TOP gave white peace because they wanted to, it was their right and at the end of the day they can say they did what they wished. GOD has this same very right and I honestly understand why not ALL alliances are for white peace.

Taking jab shots wont necessarily help either, but good luck nonetheless.

Oh Oh Oh, me next please.

Twisting words =/= Clarification. Clear enough? I'm not the only one you have done it to. You may be a lot of things, a great debater isn't one of them.
I was hardly twisting your words. Instead I was merely repeating them as you wrote them in an effort to get you to clarify what appears to be a rudely arrogant presumption of superiority by "allowing" other people to talk.

As for being a skilled debater, well, I'm still young and Master Tygaland is too fat busy to tutor me full time :(

Taking jab shots wont necessarily help either, but good luck nonetheless.
'tis a night for cheap jabs in OP's Ejay dude ;) Edited by Fallen_Fool