The Heart of Echelon

I, and many other Echelon nations, entered this conflict under no false pretenses. We knew it would be tough and we knew from the outset that, barring a miracle, it would result in defeat. I stand before you not as a representative of the Echelon government, nor as someone with any great interest in the ideals or propaganda of either side; I am here as a member of Echelon, someone who has been engaged in conflict for almost 6 weeks because it is the right and just thing - because our continued involvement and defeat is more palatable to us than cowardice.

Most of our opponents understood this and fought accordingly, showing a great deal of respect. They have earned both my respect and that of Echelon in turn; there are perhaps no two clearer examples than TOP and TSO, who's honour and humanity were reflected in both their conduct during the war and the resultant peace.

One alliance who insists on bucking this trend however, as is their sovereign right, is the Global Order of Darkness.

good-god.jpg

In attempting to subvert our governmental process, and undermining the very peace talks you marshalled, you have exposed your alliance as a despicable and dissatisfied would-be victor, your arrogance is matched only by your stupidity.

You have earned my disapproval and disdain, so rather than filtering through the multitude of messages you will (potentially) receive from my alliance-mates, I feel qualified to respond to you on behalf of the remaining Echelon members, who all share a common ideal, that you appeal to:

No, thank you. :)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nor as someone with any great interest in the ideals or propaganda of either side;

Now if that were true you wouldn't have made this thread, you would have messaged them directly with your response. This is clearly a piece of propaganda. I think you are right that what GOD did was a bit lowly, but don't pretend this thread isn't for PR.

I agree with Matt and support this message 100%.

Echelon has never acted uncivil or without honor. We expected the same from all our opponents, however its clear that we expected too much of GOD.

I believe a certain KaitlinK could speak against that, specially with some comments your government made.

Echelon has never acted uncivil or without honor. We expected the same from all our opponents, however its clear that we expected too much of GOD.

Last year seems to long ago now, doesn't it.

People are complaining about propaganda.

During the middle of a war.

:psyduck: Does not begin to describe...

Ah well, it's your opinion and you are of course entitled to it...no matter how stupid I think it is.

I, and many other Echelon nations, entered this conflict under no false pretenses. We knew it would be tough and we knew from the outset that, barring a miracle, it would result in defeat. I stand before you not as a representative of the Echelon government, nor as someone with any great interest in the ideals or propaganda of either side; I am here as a member of Echelon, someone who has been engaged in conflict for almost 6 weeks because it is the right and just thing - because our continued involvement and defeat is more palatable to us than cowardice.

Most of our opponents understood this and fought accordingly, showing a great deal of respect. They have earned both my respect and that of Echelon in turn; there are perhaps no two clearer examples than TOP and TSO, who's honour and humanity were reflected in both their conduct during the war and the resultant peace.

One alliance who insists on bucking this trend however, as is their sovereign right, is the Global Order of Darkness.

good-god.jpg

In attempting to subvert our governmental process, and undermining the very peace talks you marshalled, you have exposed your alliance as a despicable and dissatisfied would-be victor, your arrogance is matched only by your stupidity.

You have earned my disapproval and disdain, so rather than filtering through the multitude of messages you will (potentially) receive from my alliance-mates, I feel qualified to respond to you on behalf of the remaining Echelon members, who all share a common ideal, that you appeal to:

No, thank you. :)

Oh no! someone is using propaganda in a war. Stop them!!!! <_<

*Fallen_Fool blinks

Seriously? Seriously?

What would you call leaving BLEU because you were offered a position in One Vision? What would you call signing a MADP with Polar in bad faith in an effort to remain neutral in a conflict you knew was inevitable, and then canceling said MADP after "Polar trolled your allies?"

I believe a certain KaitlinK could speak against that, specially with some comments your government made.

its no lie that some players of this game have no sense of humor. That particular propaganda was made completely in fun and games, and never has Echelon ever published any propaganda formed with malice aforethought. Echelon has always acted with poise and honor and tried to stay on the right side of the line of whats appropriate and whats not appropriate. To compare NoFish's actions with that of Echelon's The Body Bag are like comparing poodles and great bernards. There is no comparision.

Regardless of what Echelon may have done in the past, we never sank to the levels of which NoFish did tonight, and besides, two wrongs never make a right, sinking down to their level makes you just as bad, etc. I can for one say that I'm very disappointed in NoFish's actions tonight and was saddened he stooped to this level.

its no lie that some players of this game have no sense of humor. That particular propaganda was made completely in fun and games, and never has Echelon ever published any propaganda formed with malice aforethought. Echelon has always acted with poise and honor and tried to stay on the right side of the line of whats appropriate and whats not appropriate. To compare NoFish's actions with that of Echelon's The Body Bag are like comparing poodles and great bernards. There is no comparision.

Regardless of what Echelon may have done in the past, we never sank to the levels of which NoFish did tonight, and besides, two wrongs never make a right, sinking down to their level makes you just as bad, etc. I can for one say that I'm very disappointed in NoFish's actions tonight and was saddened he stooped to this level.

You are correct, NoFish's actions are to poodle as Echelon's Body Bag is to a great bernard

Also, if it was so humorous and non malice forming, why did it get deleted by the mods? why were multiple people outraged by it?

I think you should go to bed, kiddo. You're all over the place with this post and tbh, poodles and great bernards are both dogs and more comparable than pretty much anything else is with another poodle barring another poodle..

How is it better for Echelon that their smaller nations pay for the tech? 50 tech is still worth the same price no matter who's got it. Or do Echelon nations self-buy their own tech?

After paying the reps, those larger Echelon nations can just replenish their tech by buying from their smaller nations, either at cost or in a standard tech deal helping their comrades in recover in the process. The result would be the same wouldn't it?

I don't see those as harsh terms, nor do I see it as cheap for GOD to have directly messaged the membership. They probably did this in the belief that many Echelon, some of whom would by now desparately want surrender, would never otherwise hear about the offer their own gov is refusing.

Fight on or surrender either is fine, but there's nothing low about GODs actions.