Best Fighters in CN

The AUT

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood how anyone can be "good" at war in this game. Maybe I'm missing something.

Haha, this precisely. It's a text-based game, most people know how to work the game's mechanics to maximum advantage nowadays, it's not difficult whatsoever. Hell, I guess switching government to Democracy, Threat Level to Severe, Defcon Level to 1, improvement swapping, maxing out military supplies, having a big war chest must make someone truly epic in this game.

ivanelterrible

mq3eleven was pretty good too

I miss mq3.

Haha, this precisely. It's a text-based game, most people know how to work the game's mechanics to maximum advantage nowadays, it's not difficult whatsoever. Hell, I guess switching government to Communist, Threat Level to Severe, Defcon Level to 1, improvement swapping, maxing out military supplies, having a big war chest must make someone truly epic in this game.

Fix'd.

Edited by Mogar

Haha, this precisely. It's a text-based game, most people know how to work the game's mechanics to maximum advantage nowadays, it's not difficult whatsoever. Hell, I guess switching government to Democracy, Threat Level to Severe, Defcon Level to 1, improvement swapping, maxing out military supplies, having a big war chest must make someone truly epic in this game.

You should be switching the gov't. to Communist, but I guess those pinkos cannot do triple-flank manuevers very well.

There are several variables to how well you prepare your nation, when you attack, how you attack.

I'd say that in the Karma War, Syzygy was pretty deadly, I'm glad he was on my side :D

Going with Ivan*, without a doubt. Only one who can claim to have made someone sanctioned and well situated surrender, alone, on sheer spine.

*Whoops - Be warned there's some foul language.

Edited by Xiphosis

ivanelterrible is a deity. The GATO war was the stuff of legend. Infact TOP as awhole was especially awesome back then - remember what they and FAN did to the many times vaster Legion in GW2! Also fondly remember the brief period when he was in >_< as I think it still was back in the old days (may have been early \m/ days). That guy's a class act.

No one else springs to mind right now.

There were a few more than TOP and FAN hitting Legion at the time. ;)

Rebel Virginia!

The only person to ever beat me in a duel, or even come close to me in number of individual wars.

Funny, I thought of you when I read this post. You were the warringest mofo I knew back in the day.

Damn you Mogar! Beat me to it. Some people believe there are patterns, and rythms that can increase your odds of winning an even fight significantly. Preparation is also huge. ;)

I would have to say that there are many on this level for various reason. But if I were in Syzgys range I'd be hurting.

Being good at war isn't hard. From playing CNTE, I know that I can defeat most people one on one, it is just a matter of spotting their weakness and knowing how to exploit it. What's important is that you don't fall into a pattern, while watching for patterns in your enemy. Once you know what they're going to do you can crush them.

I've never understood how anyone can be "good" at war in this game. Maybe I'm missing something.

Indeed. The game is so simplistic that I'd say hundreds of people are "best fighters" as there is nothing more to learn/improve. You can only do so much with skill.

Ivanelterrible must love his ego being stroked once again.

Hey there Ivan *waves*

1v1, there's nothing to war but not making an amateur mistake, and the winner will be decided by luck alone. So a lot of people are bad at war (for example the IRONers who tried to attack us with no GCs :P), but being good is just a case of not making those mistakes, so there will be thousands of perfect fighters.

Alliance warfare is about coordination, so you can't really pin it down to a single fighter.

But since he does the most damage, I nominate EB ;)

The number of people posting about what they think are the "important" aspects of CN war just show they do not *get* it.

There are two barriers people in this game face, one of which is somewhat easily overcome, the other, not.

The first is basic strategy (aka doing the mechanics correctly). Pretty easy to obtain.

The second is doing it at the right time. Most people do not ever reach this threshhold, let alone on an alliance wide level.

Simple knowing what to do when a war pops off. Being able to sacrifice everything to strip down your nation for war. Knowing how to do neccessary actions to give yourself an advantage in both air and ground. Being dominant and using the game's war mechanics to your advantage.

Yeah maybe a lot of it is dictated by luck but you need a fair degree of skill to be able to pull off wins in battles now. I know it's hard to fathom a simple question being taken as just that, a simple question but I don't think we should take every single thing philosophically either.

you need a fair degree of skill to be able to pull off wins in battles now

What skill? Talking about nation v nation here (since this is a thread about individuals), the only one I see is doing it at the right time, in the right order, and fast enough that they can't rebuy; and conversely, being online to rebuy when you are attacked.

What skill? Talking about nation v nation here (since this is a thread about individuals), the only one I see is doing it at the right time, in the right order, and fast enough that they can't rebuy; and conversely, being online to rebuy when you are attacked.

You overestimate the average CNers abilities.