PoW's?

zigbigadorlou

PoW's?  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After several failed attempts at asking Mushroom Kingdom if I could please steal their POW's from them, I came to the realization that the $@y, condescending (*cough bros cough*) likes of said alliance do not understand the benefits of prisoners.

If you go by my previous ethical calculations and see that Honor, Nationalism, and Infra are all simply means to an end, you can see three things from POW's:

1. They have infra.

2. They don't care about their alliance in and of itself

3. They don't care to stand by their "friends" *cough* who commit mass genocide, bawwing, and the like.

From these three things, it looks as if they are playing the game not for any of the means, but for the ends of enjoyment. Guess what? That's exactly what I look for in a member.

As I reiterate: All things within this game are means to the end of entertainment. Get a life. *THE INTERNET IS SRS BSNS*

Etc. ad nauseum

Discuss

Irrelevant baww: By the way: I apologize for making your night interesting and giving you "the best conversation on #mushroom ever"

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After several failed attempts at asking Mushroom Kingdom if I could please steal their POW's from them

You asked if you could recruit Karma PoW's. Karma PoW's are not Mushroom Kingdom's.

As for point two, I'm glad you look for alliance members that don't care about their alliance. That is the formula for success right there. You will go far in CN my friend.

Edited by Ying Yang Mafia

After several failed attempts at asking Mushroom Kingdom if I could please steal their POW's from them, I came to the realization that the $@y, condescending (*cough bros cough*) likes of said alliance do not understand the benefits of prisoners.

If you go by my previous ethical calculations and see that Honor, Nationalism, and Infra are all simply means to an end, you can see three things from POW's:

1. They have infra.

2. They don't care about their alliance in and of itself

3. They don't care to stand by their "friends" *cough* who commit mass genocide, bawwing, and the like.

From these three things, it looks as if they are playing the game not for any of the means, but for the ends of enjoyment. Guess what? That's exactly what I look for in a member.

As I reiterate: All things within this game are means to the end of entertainment. Get a life. *THE INTERNET IS SRS BSNS*

Etc. ad nauseum

Discuss

Irrelevant baww: By the way: I apologize for making your night interesting and giving you "the best conversation on #mushroom ever"

I'm not sure I would classify the ones who quit their alliance before a war as "entertainment seekers". War is just about the most fun you can have in this game. I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions, but in general I doubt many in Karma POW will be as entertaining as you seem to believe.

Edited by Penguin

So you want alliance members who won't cooperate, might be inactive, and will leave at the first sign of trouble?

Good Luck with that...

Well, Ideally I would make them at least slightly active and get them playing the game, to that end, they would cooperate if it served their best interest, which I would make sure it would, and to that end they would only betray me if it brought about the furtherment of enjoyment

You asked if you could recruit Karma PoW's. Karma PoW's are not Mushroom Kingdom's.

As for point two, I'm glad you look for alliance members that don't care about their alliance. That is the formula for success right there. You will go far in CN my friend.

I was told to ask MK about Karma business etc.

Also, thanks for the support! Next time I want you to not read my threads, I'll call you.

That goes for just about everyone.

Support for the ideals: more legit, but still supporting:

<~DJ_Mogar> there's a few friends of mine who surrendered

<@YYM[RoK]> I'm not saying all people who surrendered are not valuable members

<@YYM[RoK]> but id take someone who didn't surrender over someone who did

<@YYM[RoK]> provided other variables are equal of course

<~DJ_Mogar> i agree

<~DJ_Mogar> the ones i'm talking about are less than 10k ns and were bill locked though

which DOES fit my ethical goals for SURE.

the others CAN, and don't hinder

many DO

Support for the ideals: more legit, but still supporting:

which DOES fit my ethical goals for SURE.

the others CAN, and don't hinder

many DO

It is true that there are valuable members who are PoW's. However, as I stated in that conversation (although not included in the logs), I'd say that you'll find more less active/less dedicated members in Karma PoW than active/dedicated ones.

What if you recruit a POW, and then they surrender right back to their old alliance or one of their allies? Talk about your international tennis leagues.

Seriously ... I'd say recruiting from a POW camp during wartime could be awkward. Especially since said war is, for the most part, STILL ON (even though my role in it is over). Plus, given what everyone else here said, they don't seem inclined to let you spread want ads in the camps.

IIRC, we used to do it in TCB every time there was a war. And most of those guys were some of the best members that didn't really do much but contributed a lot of score and kept quiet etc.

There's almost certainly some good members hidden in there. Certainly some potential for score. Also a lot of recent enemies that we have to watch to be sure that they don't make it back into the battlefield. Dispersing them over many AAs makes that a lot harder.