Brief Annoucement from Aurora Borealis

I predict it wont be too long before Kait and MA eat a whole lot of nukes and then pay reps with whats left of their alliance.

Just my prediction of course :ph34r:

That's cute, why don't we ignore the actual point of the topic and instead talk something unrelated! Rogue attacks are different from typical attacks, and this is a fraction of the damages inflicted by two nuclear rogues. This is not a surrender topic but a reparations for a rogue attack one, so using this thread to go "MA EVIL DEMANDING REPS GRRRRRR THEY GOING TO GET IT LATER" makes little sense. Every alliance asks for reparations if they are hit by nuclear rogues who stay in their alliance (which rarely happens, but Kait was nice enough to not ZI them and let them stay in AB).

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict it wont be too long before Kait and MA eat a whole lot of nukes and then pay reps with whats left of their alliance.

Just my prediction of course :ph34r:

S'funny, ive already taken a load of nukes and im still kicking about. Its a great saving on lightbulbs if you ever feel the need to back up your threats ;)

Also, Hi Dan, nice to see you.

Edited by Lord Derfel

S'funny, ive already taken a load of nukes and im still kicking about. Its a great saving on lightbulbs if you ever feel the need to back up your threats ;)

Also, Hi Dan, nice to see you.

Well now, why don't you point out where "I" made the threat. Conveying a topic I listened to on IRC and making threats are quite different.

Nice to see ridiculing people hasn't gone out of style with the passing of Hegemony. All hail the new jackboot wearers!

Nice to see ridiculing people hasn't gone out of style with the passing of Hegemony. All hail the new jackboot wearers!

Dear me, someone has made fun of you. Oh, the horror. Oh lawdy, the horror!

Edited by Aurion

Oh man, I have been called out by Hal, former trium of convenience.

/me shakes

I take 16 nuke hits, lose over 6,000 infra, have my military at absolute minimum and my NS is still WAY above yours.

You're too busy failing to be taken seriously, but the cool thing is, I get to sit back and watch someone else ensure your negative growth.

Enjoy the rest of your week. I know I'll enjoy mine.

can someone tl;dr that list, im out of war targets.

You're welcome. ;)

This thread has been informative. We now all have a good list of individuals we are free to go nuke rogue on without worrying about silly things such as paying reps ... even if it equals a fraction of the damage caused.

It's also an interesting display of the potential consequences of rogue wars these days. Kastay isn't even that big (no offence meant, but ~50k really isn't any more) and the damages bill of a few nukes is massive. I remember the days where a generous reps bill for a rogue attack was a few hundred thousand or so. More than one slot's worth was practically extortionate.

OOC: Inflation has really screwed the war system. War is so damaging, even if you win you're still likely to be a lot worse off than pre-war. It's making people increasingly un-willing to use that declare war button, which is pretty sad for us fans of war.

I take 16 nuke hits, lose over 6,000 infra, have my military at absolute minimum and my NS is still WAY above yours.

You're too busy failing to be taken seriously, but the cool thing is, I get to sit back and watch someone else ensure your negative growth.

Stroking our e-peens to someone with a 216 day old nation. Obviously a win on your part.

It's also an interesting display of the potential consequences of rogue wars these days. Kastay isn't even that big (no offence meant, but ~50k really isn't any more) and the damages bill of a few nukes is massive. I remember the days where a generous reps bill for a rogue attack was a few hundred thousand or so. More than one slot's worth was practically extortionate.

The people of Kastay are sensitive about their size currently... radiation has had a horrific effect on the male population. ;)

It was about 79-80k when all this occured a couple weeks ago. AB and MA were able to resolve this earlier thanks in part to Dan but waited to post until they had found peace.

Says the nation leader who has historically been on the wrong side of every argument and every war.

A perfect example of what I was referring to, don't get me wrong here, the petty taunts don't bother me in the least. I do love the personal entertainment of watching hypocrisy.

Translation: I love attention, please keep egging me on.

Come now folks...let the ugly little creature (no not a Gremlin, nice try) have his fun and then go back to the underside of his nice rock ^_^.

Is all this really necessary? Oh no, they're paying not even half for the damage done for two nuke rogues...OH THE HORROR!

Oh me, oh my. So many ways to reply to this.

Perhaps your nation is older than his? Perhaps unlike you, he chooses to excel in the political arena, at the expense of his pixels? There are many reasons he might have a lower NS than you.

On a side note, I don't think our friends and allies in the Order have anything to learn from you, so you might as well keep your clever comments to yourself.

MM may not have a large nation, but that will come in time. However, you'll always be a dick.

A perfect example of what I was referring to, don't get me wrong here, the petty taunts don't bother me in the least. I do love the personal entertainment of watching hypocrisy.

To be brutally honest, you expressing your opinion does not make it incumbent upon me or anyone else to think that your opinion has any merit whatsoever.

You want to say what you like? Cool, but I reserve the right to say that you're being idiotic when I think you are being idiotic.

Edit: I also reserve the right to be less than polite in expressing my opinion should I so wish.

Edited by Aurion

You're welcome. ;)

OOC: Inflation has really screwed the war system. War is so damaging, even if you win you're still likely to be a lot worse off than pre-war. It's making people increasingly un-willing to use that declare war button, which is pretty sad for us fans of war.

It may shock you, but I agree with you. :P

The size of nations and the damage done these days cause most alliances to forget about trying to completely re-coup damages done by all out alliance war as well as nuclear rogue attacks.

As I've been lazy and have chosen not to read through the 7 pages prior, I'll just say that I'm glad this was worked out without more damage done. AB did get off lightly and that's in no small part due to the wonderful Ms KaitlinK.

Congrats to our great allies in MA for getting this worked out and without further issue.

o/MA

:wub: KaitlinK :wub:

Oh me, oh my. So many ways to reply to this.

Perhaps your nation is older than his? Perhaps unlike you, he chooses to excel in the political arena, at the expense of his pixels? There are many reasons he might have a lower NS than you.

On a side note, I don't think our friends and allies in the Order have anything to learn from you, so you might as well keep your clever comments to yourself.

MM may not have a large nation, but that will come in time. However, you'll always be a dick.

Are you crying for attention again.

Oughta just require the two morons who went nuclear to pay back all 180 million by themselves. That might actually teach them a lesson, rather than doing temporary damage to your alliance's finances.

AB is a brotherhood, I would feel ashamed of myself if I would let my alliancemates pay the reps alone for a mistake they did. We all do mistakes, some bigger then others, also I'm certain that for some people seeing your alliancemates 'suffer financially' for your mistakes hurt more then yourself being stuck with the reparations. At least I know I would feel bad for inflicting that to my allies.

On another note I am glad that AB and MA were able to find a solution without spilling more blood. I also consider ourselves lucky that MA let us go with a mere $180,000,000 as reps. It's generous of MA and KaitlinK.

o/AB

o/MA

May we leave this behind and go our own ways in a brighter future.